PDA

View Full Version : LPG solanoid power supply problem

dirty_dog
6th October 2011, 09:24 PM
I've got a bit of a problem, i just fixed the fuel pump and i've relised that i've lost the power cable for the solanoid valve thats in the fuel line inbetween the pump and the carby. I'm assuming it's part of the LPG setup that closes the fuel line when running on gas. I know it was there cos i cleaned the valve once either i forgot to put it back or it's come loose. either way i can't see it and i was wondering if anyone knows where it comes from so i could either replace it or just find the bloody thing.

any help would be great, thanx

popup
12th October 2011, 10:20 PM
Hi mate if its the same as mine it is a yellow wire that comes from the gas switch. Try looking around the fire wall behind the carby.
Cheers Russell

patch697
12th October 2011, 10:45 PM
The color of the wires can & will be different from system to system.

Some pics of your setup will help heaps with this.

Its important what gas system your running to know what to advive you here.

dirty_dog
13th October 2011, 10:13 PM
hey thats cool guys just need to know where the cable comes from, i know it was a green wire. it was there but if it does come from the gas switch then i can just put a new one in. by gas switch do you mean the switch in the cab that swiches from gas to petrol.

yakumo
19th October 2011, 12:10 AM
Hi dirty_dog, You're in luck, I am actually an LPG fitter, what you are referring to is the petrol solenoid, which means your running a carby model, basically, power is taken from a 12v ignition wire to the center position of a 3-position switch, There will be markings on the switch saying petrol, on the OPPOSITE side, there will be your green wire(unless the wire is joined at which case color cannot be absolute).