PDA

View Full Version : If you won $2 million on lotto would you keep your current Troll?

Finly Owner
19th August 2010, 10:38 PM
I would. I'd have mine fitted out with new interior, new 4.2 turbo diesel. Bash plates, and real nice sound system with a phillips uhf scanning unit(the ones yiou can talk on police channels but shouldnt). Two sets of nice wheels , 1 for road use & 1 for offroad. And then let it breath before changing the colour.:icon_victory:

patch697
19th August 2010, 10:50 PM
Yep I think I would find a top notch Engineer & pay him to do all the mods I want so it would pass everything it had, then get a little bird Tattooed on the front of my middle finger, so when the cops take me to court I could get out of that to.......lololol

Finly Owner
19th August 2010, 10:59 PM
HEHEHEEE I want to be in the courtroom that day LMAO

patch697
19th August 2010, 11:08 PM
Spot me 2 Mil & I'll let you know the date......lolol

Finly Owner
19th August 2010, 11:10 PM
When the Hawks take out the grand final and I get my winnings we should be right. First I better place my bet!!!!!! lol....

RustyNails
19th August 2010, 11:33 PM
HELL NO

I'd buy all of your rigs

Paul

patch697
19th August 2010, 11:44 PM
Hell no you wouldn't.... Im afraid one owner named Paul is enough for my Rig......lololol

Cheers
Paul

89GQ
20th August 2010, 08:48 PM
Couldn't let it go, Might buy something else but allways keep the GQ. Done to much work on her

Woof
20th August 2010, 08:53 PM
Turn my GQ into a comp truck and get another for play.

Maxhead
20th August 2010, 08:56 PM
2mil, yep I would definitely still keep mine....I would just be parking it on my ocean liner instead of my garage...lol

Finly Owner
20th August 2010, 08:59 PM
Hell no you wouldn't.... Im afraid one owner named Paul is enough for my Rig......lololol

Cheers
Paul
Yeah Finly is happy with his latest owner.

Finly Owner
20th August 2010, 09:01 PM
Turn my GQ into a comp truck and get another for play.

Do they have Comps for seniors? haa haa heeee heee .LOL

Woof
20th August 2010, 09:06 PM
Do they have Comps for seniors? haa haa heeee heee .LOL

Oh HA HA Bloody HA, you turn will come Tim.
May have to get a Goffer and put a lift kit in it, with some 37" Treppies:cool:

Finly Owner
20th August 2010, 09:48 PM
Sorry DM, couldn't resist. I actually admire those who realise life just gets better as it goes on. And I am sure I will meet you one day and enjoy some stories that you will have to tell about some of your greatest adventures. As will I take on any advice you give here that's relevant to my problems or ideas.

Woof
20th August 2010, 10:00 PM
Sorry DM, couldn't resist. I actually admire those who realise life just gets better as it goes on. And I am sure I will meet you one day and enjoy some stories that you will have to tell about some of your greatest adventures. As will I take on any advice you give here that's relevant to my problems or ideas.

No need to apologise mate, its all in good fun:cheers:

Finly Owner
20th August 2010, 10:12 PM
Thanks to Tony
I think I would inplant this into Finly:

This is a sneak peek at the engine widely rumoured (at this stage nothing has been confirmed) to be the new diesel engine to be used in up-coming Patrols.

(This write up adapted from Green car congress)

Designated V9X, Infiniti’s(Nissan’s luxury car manufacture) new V6 diesel develops 175 kW (238 hp) and 550 Nm (406 lb-ft) of torque. It was developed in Europe by Infiniti engineers working with other engineers from Renault and Nissan and will be produced at Cleon in France, some 100 km west of Paris. The unit will also be used in cars from Renault and Nissan, allowing both those brands to broaden the appeal of specific model ranges at the same time as boosting production volumes of the engine. The V9X will power front-wheel drive, rear-wheel drive and four-wheel drive models.

Work on the direct injection 2993cc V6 began in 2005. Although a V8 diesel engine was investigated, the V6 format was identified early on as the ideal layout for the unit, providing the optimum balance between overall performance, refinement and volume potential across the three Alliance brands. Target performance was 238 hp (175 kW), 500 Nm of torque and early compliance with forthcoming Euro 5 emission legislation.

Engineers decided that the ideal vee angle for the unit would be an unusual 65 degrees. This offered a compromise between crankshaft balancing, crankshaft and cylinder block reliability and engine packaging with the 65 degree angle wide enough to allow the single turbocharger to be neatly mounted within the vee.

Rather than using aluminium-alloy cylinder blocks to reduce the weight of their diesel engines, the development engineers felt that to achieve the desired levels of refinement an aluminium block would need extra material added to increase its stiffness and reduce noise levels. It might also need extra complexity added in the form of balancer shafts to boost refinement, but all these additions negate the weight advantages of an alloy block.
Conventional cast iron, however, would place too much weight over the front wheels and lower the levels of driving pleasure. In its place, the engineers chose Compacted Graphite Iron (CGI), a material that offers all the benefits of cast iron and more—has higher levels of stiffness and noise absorption—but without the weight penalty. And while CGI is heavier than a pure aluminium block there is no need to add stiffening ribs or extra sound deadening material so the weight gain is comparatively modest.

V9X Dimensions
• Cylinder arrangement: V, six cylinders
• Displacement: 2993cc
• Bore x stroke: 84 x 90 mm
• Bore pitch: 92 mm
• Vee angle: 65 degrees

Combustion; The combustion chamber design was optimized to improve the balance between emission levels and fuel efficiency; the compression ratio was lowered to 16:1 to benefit not just economy and emissions but also noise, vibration and harshness (NVH).
Class-leading levels of torque and highly competitive specific power outputs are delivered thanks to the adoption of a comparatively large single turbocharger, which is mounted within the vee of the engine, an intercooler and the use of the latest generation of Bosch common-rail fuel injection. This system incorporates piezo injectors and operates at 1,800 bar.

Power output is on target at 175 kW while the class-leading torque output of 550 Nm (for rear and four-wheel drive applications) is better than the target. Peak torque is achieved from as low as 1,750 rpm and is available all the way to 2,500 rpm, while as much as 500 Nm is available from 1,500 rpm. Idle speed is an exceptionally low 650 rpm with none of the NVH usually associated with a diesel.
The result is strong low-end performance with comfortably refined delivery. Special tuning of the exhaust note provides a pleasantly sporting note at about 2,500 rpm under hard acceleration.

Reliability and quality targets during development included more than 12,000 hours of durability testing on test benches while transverse and longitudinal V9X development engines were driven more than 1,250,000 km. In addition every single engine is run on a ‘hot bench test’ cycle before it is delivered to the vehicle assembly plant.

On other websites, I have seen references to possible twin turbo’s and outputs of up to 198kw.