PDA

View Full Version : Bryce Canyon, Utah, USA

Maarten
4th October 2011, 09:18 PM
Come with me, if you will, to Bryce Canyon in the southern parts of Utah where erosion is carving out figures called Hoodoos of varying sizes and shapes. The dry environment with little rain ensures that this spectacle has not disappeared completely and it makes me wonder if there are any similar places in Australia. If you know of any please mention it. I would be interested to visit. Thank you for stopping by. Note the horses and riders in 4.

AB
4th October 2011, 09:27 PM
Great pics mate, love the 4th and last one too!

There are similar landscapes here but maybe not of that detail and magnitude.

Kings Canyon
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/10/1.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/10/2.jpg

The Olgas
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/10/3.jpg

Plenty of other spots, that's just off the top of my head. Hopefully some other members may show some others...

Maarten
4th October 2011, 09:38 PM
Thank you for sharing your photos. I never get tired of looking at pictures. So many places I still want to visit. I guess I will just have to prioritize and visit those that I can and for the rest of them I will look at the photos of others. Your photos are very beautiful.

growler2058
4th October 2011, 09:43 PM
Very cowboy lookin pics Maarten

And cool outback shots AB! Our back yard looks very much older an eroded ay!

Cool pics of same, same but different countrysides fellas Cheers

Maxhead
4th October 2011, 10:09 PM
Very nice as always mate, thanks for sharing

Maarten
4th October 2011, 10:11 PM
Thank you for your kind words, mate. I agree with you about the country sides. It has nothing to do with people - they didn't make it. I need to get a job with Getaway. I would love to travel the world to take snaps all over... I would love to see more of Australia. What I have seen was awesome. Getting ready...

Maarten
4th October 2011, 10:14 PM
Thank you for stopping by and your kind words, mate. Always happy to see that Trol of your in my posts...

Finly Owner
4th October 2011, 11:43 PM
nice shots.

Thanks from Tim

Clunk
5th October 2011, 12:18 AM
great pics there Maarten, some of them remind me of pics of the Bungle Bungle ranges here in WA............. really wanna get up there some day soon

nowoolies
5th October 2011, 12:28 AM
ripper piccies mate .............we luv piccies hahahahahaah

Maarten
5th October 2011, 06:47 AM
Thanks, mate. So many places I would like to go to...

Maarten
5th October 2011, 06:48 AM
Thanks, mate.

Sir Roofy
5th October 2011, 10:01 AM
Awsome thanks maarten &a.b the world has some great places to share

patch697
5th October 2011, 10:11 AM
What a spectacular place. The color in those formations is breathtaking.

Thanks for all your efforts here, they truly are a sight worth while & probably the closest I'll ever get to the real thing.

Cheers

Maarten
5th October 2011, 06:38 PM
Thank you, mate. Really amazing places... Our own backyard is one of the best. More of that later...

Maarten
5th October 2011, 06:40 PM
Thank you for visiting and your kind words. Hopefully I can visit some of the places in AB's photos. They are great.

Maarten
5th October 2011, 06:49 PM
More photos of the canyon. Note the people walking on the pathways. Thank you for visiting.

Sir Roofy
5th October 2011, 07:04 PM
Again fantastic shots and unbelieveable colours

Sir Roofy
6th October 2011, 08:43 AM
Again fantastic shots and unbelieveable colours

when is the next batch ready just love that sort of thing

Maarten
6th October 2011, 08:47 PM
Coming up, mate. Thank you for stopping by again.

Maarten
6th October 2011, 08:50 PM
The last of the photos at Bryce Canyon coming up. Thank you to everybody stopping by.

Sir Roofy
6th October 2011, 09:28 PM
the last of the photos at bryce canyon coming up. Thank you to everybody stopping by.

are they quade bikes that they ride in? Good pics again

what else you have hidden away

Maarten
6th October 2011, 09:55 PM
No, they were maintaining the paths using small Bobcat like equipment. I was quite amazed how they kept the paths in perfect condition. The canyon consists of clay like soil which is impassible in the snow or if it only rains a little. I've just posted something you might like here on page 21: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?755-4x4-Photos-amp-The-Great-Outdoors. Not sure that this is going to work ...

Mark S
11th October 2011, 04:07 PM
great photos... awsome contryside

Maarten
11th October 2011, 08:33 PM
Thanks for stopping by and your kind words.

taslucas
11th October 2011, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the photos mate. I hope you uncover many more gems here in australia:)