PDA

View Full Version : Intercooling a 1998 GU4.2D

benno_84
19th August 2010, 02:08 PM
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has tried mounting an intercooler on a GU which has had an aftermarket turbo put on it.

I have just bought a 1998 GU with an aftermarket turbo. The truck goes well enough but just for interest sake I was thinking of putting an inter-cooler on it. I am wondering whether you can mount one from a 2.8 or 3.0 or if there are any kits available.

Also wondering wether it would actually be worthwhile or just a waist of time and money.

Lloyd

YNOT
19th August 2010, 04:23 PM
While you could adapt an intercooler from a 2.8 or 3.0, I wouldn't bother. The result would not justify the time or expense.

There are some very effective intercoolers on the market.
What intercooler you get depends on a number of factors, what will the vehicle be used for, what other engine modifications have been made, what space is available under the bonnet, do you want top mount or front mount, and budget.

A good intercooler and engine retune will net some very good results, but you get what you pay for.

Tony

patch697
19th August 2010, 04:35 PM
there is a member here with after market intercooling fitted & he has some pics & a little info in it here:

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?276-MudRunnerTD-s-GQ-From-the-Ground-Up

Over to you MR (Mudrunner TD) maybe you can passon some more info here.