PDA

View Full Version : boots .. and my gu .

boots
2nd October 2011, 05:07 PM
Some bits and pieces - bridgestone dueler at d694 265/75/16LT tyres , turbo timer , dual batterys , volt guage , autron cruise control , all rear lights working , interior ignition light , home made half cargo barrier and shelf , extra reverse light near tow bar . rear barn door bracket so it opens more .
More to do as the pennys gather up .

Clunk
2nd October 2011, 05:24 PM
wow look at the shine on that, where's me sunnies!!!?????? lol

very tidy tidy looking rig indeed mate, nice one

Bigrig
2nd October 2011, 05:38 PM
What colour is it mate?? I really like it ...

katwoman
2nd October 2011, 05:39 PM
Very, very hot.... Love the colour !!!

boots
2nd October 2011, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the kind remarks , the colour code is AX5 - royal ruby red pearl metallic . Plenty of mothers carnuba wax polish helps too.

NissanGQ4.2
2nd October 2011, 07:27 PM
looks good..........whats this thing you call polish??? *L*

AB
2nd October 2011, 08:43 PM
Love the colour too mate. Haven't seen many in that colour thats for sure!

Sir Roofy
2nd October 2011, 10:01 PM
Very neat and shiny almost a blood red
you and kat will get on fine talking about polish
she loves her rig to bits lol

Finly Owner
2nd October 2011, 10:43 PM
definately nice colour.

Tim

boots
16th December 2011, 09:45 PM
Thought I should show some mods that have been done , aswell as get some practice and confidence with the computer . fire extinguisher install , turbo timer and volt guage , home made cargo barrier and parcel shelf , and a couple more .

Sir Roofy
17th December 2011, 07:39 AM
looking good boots,so tell me mate how do you find this delo400 in your rig

robbo0001
17th December 2011, 11:37 PM
Gday boots, what paint/colour did you use on your pillar guages?
Looking for a 3M upholstery grey at the moment, myself

boots
18th December 2011, 06:43 PM
hi roofy , have been using it about 18 months now and real happy with it . stayes clean and quieter on cold start up so win win I reckon . g,day
robbo the pillar I bought off ebay pre painted , just had to quote paint code from the label plate under the bonnet . cheers .

convict_au
31st January 2012, 06:50 PM
nice set up

mattyh
31st January 2012, 07:17 PM
seriously how did you get it that shiny I've put about 15 coats of wax on before and it still looks like i haven't even done it.
i suck at detailing

Rip'n'Shred
3rd February 2012, 12:02 AM
Nice, very tidy

rusty_nail
3rd February 2012, 07:27 AM
truck looks sweet mate. nice job on the mods... simple bt effective!

boots
4th February 2012, 10:50 PM
Cheers one and all . update - just finished fitting dawes and needle valve , full control of turbo boost and spool up . early days but all is awesome . Big thanks to Chaz and his fantastic website on how to set up and where to purchase the parts . All NADS complete . Now to enjoy !

HitMix
6th February 2012, 05:17 AM
Very nice patrol you have there, havent seen that color before :)

boots
25th August 2012, 09:00 PM
Heres a pic taken today . suspension done ,castor correction bushes done , outback ideas ( threedogs ) -thanks mate recovery points done . next is a snorkel .

Sir Roofy
25th August 2012, 09:05 PM
heres a pic taken today . Suspension done ,castor correction bushes done , outback ideas ( threedogs ) -thanks mate recovery points done . Next is a snorkel .

looking good mate,are the outback ideas good gear

Sir Roofy
25th August 2012, 09:07 PM
looking good mate,are the outback ideas good gear

tigerz at the show had them for 85 bucks if there was any left

boots
25th August 2012, 09:13 PM
Great quality mate . cannot recommend anything else now that Ive met the man himself and his a forum member . PM threedogs and he will sort you out .

threedogs
26th August 2012, 01:22 PM
Roofy,Tigerz would have been selling copies, maybe imported steel I don't know.
Mine are Aussie made for Aussie 4x4s from Aussie steel
I can only control my recovery points, copiers are just theives

boots
7th November 2012, 08:17 PM
Snorkel fitted and finished yesterday . Sorry about the angle of the pic as I parked alongside the fence . Does this mean when you tick things off your wishlist you add two or three or four more things to replace it with ? LOL .

big_fletch
7th November 2012, 08:20 PM
Snorkel looks good mate.. And your right, at least thats what i do.. For every 1 thing i tick off another 2 takes its place haha

Sir Roofy
8th November 2012, 07:43 AM
snorkel fitted and finished yesterday . Sorry about the angle of the pic as i parked alongside the fence . Does this mean when you tick things off your wishlist you add two or three or four more things to replace it with ? Lol .

thats a pretty flash snorkel mate look at that shine mmmmmmmmmm lacking some bush pinstripeing
looks realy good mate

Bloodyaussie
8th November 2012, 08:08 AM
Yeah I have seen his rig and it is very clean and straight........ needs to follow Andy around a bit and all that would change!!!

boots
20th December 2012, 10:49 AM
The beaudesert exhaust system has been installed today . 2-3/4 inch system . Early days yet but a quick run around the burbs and I am very very happy . LARGE improvement indeed .

PMC
20th December 2012, 03:55 PM
G'day boots,

Love the color mate, just stunning!

All the best with the rest of your mods!

Regards,

RLI

threedogs
20th December 2012, 04:08 PM
G'day Boots and merry Xmas. did or have you noticed any difference in EGTs yet???

boots
20th December 2012, 05:10 PM
Thanks John . All the best to you and your family aswell . Early days but I reckon they are down 50 deg on average across the board . Will put it out there though that my factory system had been modded somewhat . This beaudesert system really is great , does feel like a few more ponys have been let loose under the bonnet . So I'm happy .

threedogs
20th December 2012, 05:22 PM
Thats great Only heard good reports of the Beaudesert 2.75" and the Di, seems to be a great match.
Seems the 3".0 allows over boost, gotta help consuption to I would imagine? Smoother all round

boots
14th August 2013, 08:30 PM
Update , the last few months I removed my overlander aux battery and had it as the main starter battery . The original died . So today went to R&J batteries in tullamarine and got a new delcor maintenance free battery . Fitted it in this arvo after work . Hopefully its a great thing .Not much change out of 200 $ so fingers crossed .

boots
24th November 2013, 08:57 PM
sway bar braket mods done and oe castor bushes refitted . some pics for you all .front ones altered with some thread bar .

boots
30th December 2014, 10:44 PM
Today it had a wash and fitted new rear shockers . Went with OME nitrocharger sport . Hopefully funds will allow new front shocks to be fitted before the Aus day meetup weekend.

boots
17th April 2015, 10:50 PM
Replace fluids in trans / transfer / power steer and brakes today . Been using the 4B as a daily a fair bit this calendar year so far, and all these were due so lashed out. Tyre rotation is on the'' to do'' list next.