PDA

View Full Version : day trip to the teewah pub

Ben-e-boy
1st October 2011, 08:27 PM
hi all

Today myself and afew friends and their families went to the teewah pub for a feed today we took the long way there down the kings bore track which starts a few km out of rainbow beach, and comes out on the beach south of double island point
The kings bore track is quite easy I did it in 2 wheel drive. Once we hit the beach we headed south to the pub which puts on pretty good food.

After lunch we headed north for about an hour to double island point. from there we took the leisha track around to the north side of double island the drove the rest of the way up the beach to rainbow beach.

There can be alot of bozo's there at times especially in the soft sand areas.
There was this one hilux who had blown a front diff
a holden jackeroo bogged to the door sills
among plenty of others.

I was a good day and I recommend the trip to everyone

I didnt get many pics though sorry

frenzy
1st October 2011, 08:33 PM
A nice day out. Good stuff mate. Thanks for sharing!

nowoolies
1st October 2011, 10:35 PM
hi all

Today myself and afew friends and their families went to the teewah pub for a feed today we took the long way there down the kings bore track which starts a few km out of rainbow beach, and comes out on the beach south of double island point
The kings bore track is quite easy I did it in 2 wheel drive. Once we hit the beach we headed south to the pub which puts on pretty good food.

After lunch we headed north for about an hour to double island point. from there we took the leisha track around to the north side of double island the drove the rest of the way up the beach to rainbow beach.

There can be alot of bozo's there at times especially in the soft sand areas.
There was this one hilux who had blown a front diff
a holden jackeroo bogged to the door sills
among plenty of others.

I was a good day and I recommend the trip to everyone

I didnt get many pics though sorry

isatall ...bugga luv that area
sounds like it was a great day
p:s piccies we luv piccies hahahahahahaha

04OFF
1st October 2011, 10:39 PM
Did you cut through Cooloolah Way, or go around ?, we where up there last weekend, except we had lunch at the Rainbow Beach Hotel ($15 lunch inc a beer) plus camped the night on Teewah, and yes it is a great place :smile:

molongmick
1st October 2011, 10:40 PM
Looks like you had better weather than us, looks like you had a great day and you enjoyed yourselves.

Ben-e-boy
2nd October 2011, 11:18 AM
[QUOTE=04OFF;148001]Did you cut through Cooloolah Way, or go around ?, we where up there last weekend, except we had lunch at the Rainbow Beach Hotel ($15 lunch inc a beer) plus camped the night on Teewah, and yes it is a great place :smile:[/QUOTE

I havnt done any of those tracks before. so I dont know which ones which all I know is we turned left part way down kings bore track

patch697
2nd October 2011, 11:24 AM
Sounds like a great family's day, just to get out & see the sights with some good beach driving so the grown ups can have some fun as well......hahahaha

Nice report, cheers Benny.