PDA

View Full Version : boost guage install?

grimace
30th September 2011, 11:03 PM
i too have just purchasd the autometer pyro and boost guages and having trouble with both. i also went to a exhaust shop and the bloke flat out did not want to know about it, he said it would be easier to buy the 3" exhaust with the part for the pyro already fitted and also where do i find the hose for the boost to be connected?

patch697
30th September 2011, 11:08 PM
i too have just purchasd the autometer pyro and boost guages and having trouble with both. i also went to a exhaust shop and the bloke flat out did not want to know about it, he said it would be easier to buy the 3" exhaust with the part for the pyro already fitted and also where do i find the hose for the boost to be connected?

Id be trying another exhaust shop cos it can be done at little expense for a real exhaust mechanic. & in regards to your boost gauge, what model Patrol we talking here & what engine?

Its its a 3ltr GU (likes in your avatar) them there is no hose. You will need to have a fitting bronzed or welded into the outlet side of your intercooler

grimace
30th September 2011, 11:25 PM
it is the 3l common rail and my mechanic said today that it would probably have to go into the intercooler pipe.

Bagheera
1st October 2011, 01:54 PM
Mine is tapped into the intercooler pipe. I simply removed the pipe, drilled the hole, tapped it with the thread tapper, then screwed in the brass fitting using some high-temp (pink) plumbers tape to seal it. Screwed a T piece into the back of that to take the boost fitting and the barb for the Dawes valve, and it's all good.

For the pyro I didn't bother getting a bung welded in. Drill a 1/4" (6.3mm) hole in the dump pipe, then use the ceramic washer and hose clamp setup that came with your pyro. Works perfectly and you can do it in your driveway without removing the dump pipe from the vehicle.

lg 91
1st October 2011, 05:28 PM
were abouts are you on the coast mate iam happy to help i have a intercooler pipe with a fitting brazed on ready to go if you like and iam happy to weld ur pyro fitting on

grimace
1st October 2011, 06:59 PM
your a bloody legend mate, i live at kariong what about you? am happy to travel....

lg 91
1st October 2011, 07:07 PM
iam at toukley mate i have a intercooler pipe ready to go i made for a mate but its been siting around gor a few months its off a di not a crd but i think they should be the same i would be happy to do a deal if you would leave ur pipe in exchange

frenzy
1st October 2011, 07:09 PM
Mine is tapped into the intercooler pipe. I simply removed the pipe, drilled the hole, tapped it with the thread tapper, then screwed in the brass fitting using some high-temp (pink) plumbers tape to seal it. Screwed a T piece into the back of that to take the boost fitting and the barb for the Dawes valve, and it's all good.

For the pyro I didn't bother getting a bung welded in. Drill a 1/4" (6.3mm) hole in the dump pipe, then use the ceramic washer and hose clamp setup that came with your pyro. Works perfectly and you can do it in your driveway without removing the dump pipe from the vehicle.

That's right. No requirement to pull the exhaust off. Have a read of this thread
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?6275-Installing-Pyro-and-Boost-gauges-in-a-GU

grimace
1st October 2011, 07:29 PM
no wuckers mate i'm sure we can work something out. i wont be home till mundy arvo if you leave your phone no i can set something up at a time that best suits you, that offer with the pyro still good too? can you be bought with beer hahaha? cheers....

lg 91
1st October 2011, 07:40 PM
no worries mate pm sent.