PDA

View Full Version : Electrical problems with Nissan Patrols

Wadeyfam
30th September 2011, 11:33 AM
We are currently looking at purchasing a Nissan Patrol, we are looking at a 2005 NP GU tomorrow and have been told that it has had some electrical problems with the dashboard, firstly a black mark on inside of the speedo and now for the second time the door open light keeps flashing. What I am interested to know is electrical problems quite common with the nissan patrols or is this rare and maybe should we just stay away from this particular car, all advice appreciated. Thanks

T0nka
30th September 2011, 12:09 PM
my door light flashes too. common problem

Yendor
30th September 2011, 12:09 PM
Welcome to the forum,

Where is the black mark?, is it in the digital display (trip meter and odometer). If so I would be a bit concerned about this, what caused this? was someone trying to fiddle with the odometer? do you know the vehicle history.

The door open light flashing is a common problem normally cause by one of the barn doors not adjusted correctly.

General speaking the GUs aren't to bad with electrical problems.

Cheers Rodney

ozkan889
30th September 2011, 02:23 PM
I had same problem with my GU barn door and light flashing, open your left barn door and there will be a rubber cover over this tiny straight pole which gets pushed in when door is shut, all i did was get a metal plat about 5mm thick and cut it to shape with grinder so i made the contact point bigger fixing my problems.

guterra
2nd October 2011, 08:13 PM
Door light problem here... Well not really. I just make sure the bigger barn door is closed properly. Just need to shut it firmly and no problems. Not really an electrical problem to worry about.

Most of electrical issues (i.e. sub tank problems) can be sorted by attaching a better earth strap. Again, no biggy.