PDA

View Full Version : Engine management light

Ian2011
29th September 2011, 06:30 PM
Has anyone had a problem of the engine management light coming on during decellaration or at a particular rev range, it does not come on any other time nor does it stay on for long unless you hold the revs at a particular point. This is occuring in a car with a manual transmission

Clunk
29th September 2011, 07:30 PM
Not in a Patrol but did in me old XTrail...... Was the O2 sensor but really could be a number of things

teleman
29th September 2011, 09:26 PM
G'day Ian. I have had the same problem. My troll is 01 manual 3.0DI and the engine light comes on at peak power
in third gear. (around 3500rpm).
Interestingly though, it only happens up substantial hills. When the boost is maxed out.
During the latest service, i brought it up, and the guys tell me there is a small leak in the turbo pipe, therefore changing the boost pressure
from what the computer thinks it is.
I would be checking for these kind of air pressure leaks. Maybe from the air box if you dont have a turbo.
Let us know.

Ian2011
30th September 2011, 03:39 PM
Teleman, mines the opposite, only occuring when slowing down but at a similar rev range

Cars going into the shop on Monday, hopefully the Nissan gurus (some lacky or first year apprentice) will give me the right answer. I will let forum members know what their response is.

Ian2011
5th October 2011, 02:21 PM
ECM light is apparrently being set off by the crank angle sensor as this was the only code found stored in the system when checked by nissan, did not however get an explanation as to why it is occuring at a particular rev range, just got blank looks

patch697
5th October 2011, 02:59 PM
did not however get an explanation as to why it is occurring at a particular rev range, just got blank looks

Why doesn't that surprise me????..................hahahahahah