PDA

View Full Version : how big of an offset

lg 91
29th September 2011, 07:15 PM
gday guys i know this has been asked before but having abit of trouble of finding the info i need. i will be running a 3inch flexxy kit in my gq swb and want to run a set off 35inch maxxis treps so now ive got to find a set off rims because the standared ones on it are only 7 inch wide so iam looking at a set of 15x8 but what offset should i run should i use -13 or -23.

chears lg 91

Ben-e-boy
29th September 2011, 07:24 PM
gday mate

I have a 4 inch lift and 35inch treps and I run a 15 x 10 inch rim with a -44 offset in my opinion the wider the better.. I'm big on minimum lift and maximum wheel track for maximum balance
My advise is go the -23. I had to do a bit of panel work because mine rubbed on the guards way before full lock and it still under flex (i have superflex arms) seeing as your an inch lower I would go the -23 for sure

Cheers
Benny

lg 91
30th September 2011, 07:21 PM
thanks for the reply mate. time to start looking for some -23

lg 91
4th October 2011, 03:58 PM
just rang up the local tyre bloke about the treps and rims and he recons the best offset is standard nissin does any one know what this offset is.

chears lg91

MudRunnerTD
4th October 2011, 04:00 PM
just rang up the local tyre bloke about the treps and rims and he recons the best offset is standard nissin does any one know what this offset is.

chears lg91

Positive 10

MudRunnerTD
4th October 2011, 04:04 PM

chears lg91

Just read the thread. Your tyre fitter should go sell TVs. Idiot.

Ben-e-boy s steering you closer to the truth.

You want to run an 8inch rim and 35s. fit them to either your -13 or -22 or they will drag on the inside of your guards.

I'd encourage you to chase some 16s rather than 15s if you are spending the cash on new stuff. more clearance around your brakes and less likely to get clogged up with mud.

Do you run flexy flares? if you do then i would be going the neg22 rims in a 8 x 16 in a heart beat!

my 2c

lg 91
4th October 2011, 06:28 PM
Just read the thread. Your tyre fitter should go sell TVs. Idiot.

Ben-e-boy s steering you closer to the truth.

You want to run an 8inch rim and 35s. fit them to either your -13 or -22 or they will drag on the inside of your guards.

I'd encourage you to chase some 16s rather than 15s if you are spending the cash on new stuff. more clearance around your brakes and less likely to get clogged up with mud.

Do you run flexy flares? if you do then i would be going the neg22 rims in a 8 x 16 in a heart beat!

my 2c

thanks for ur input mate at the moment it has the standard flares but iam happy to remove them and install the flexy flair
i want to run 15s cause the tyres seam to be alot cheaper. the car has 15x7 on it at the moment
so do you still recomend a -13 or -22 if i decide to only run 15s

MudRunnerTD
4th October 2011, 07:30 PM
thanks for ur input mate at the moment it has the standard flares but iam happy to remove them and install the flexy flair
i want to run 15s cause the tyres seam to be alot cheaper. the car has 15x7 on it at the moment
so do you still recomend a -13 or -22 if i decide to only run 15s

Either of those Offsets will be fine with your setup. fit them up and then see if you need to go for the Flexi flares. You can buy the flexi flare in a number of widths but you may not even need it. Most run the flexi flare rather than the glass factory stuff cause they take a hit real quick in teh bush and then they are rooted.

All good though mate, go a 15 x 8 with a Neg 13 or Neg 22 (the difference is 9mm) no big deal on the outside really but could be and will be al the difference on the inside which is what your trying to sort out.

-ET 4wd-
6th October 2011, 01:51 AM
Only thing to watch with big offset is ya kingpin/wheel bearings as the more wheel hanging off the side the more mechanical adavantage (aka stress) it will put on them.
also for a cheap and killer look for flares is 150mm garden edging from Bunnings. poke it 90mm out and use the rest to tech screw through into the gaurd.

Have Fun,

Steve.

Ben-e-boy
6th October 2011, 02:06 AM
Only thing to watch with big offset is ya kingpin/wheel bearings as the more wheel hanging off the side the more mechanical adavantage (aka stress) it will put on them.

Have Fun,

Steve.

True But I would rather flog out bearings than end up on my side and/or roof