PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Know What This Relay Is??

ozkan889
28th September 2011, 01:38 PM
Hi All,

I have a 99 GU RD28 and have a brown relay above some fuses near drivers seat which keeps buzzing when i either turn the key to ON position or when i switch the car off. When i take out the relay i know the engine and glow plug lights turns out on dash.

I've had a look in a few manuals but doesn't seem correct. One book says its ECM relay and another states its Heated Seats.. I know i don't have heated seats and i don't believe that the 2.8GU came out with a computer? Any help would be nice.

I have attached a pic showing the brown colored relay location.

Cheers,
Ozzie

XTC
28th September 2011, 02:35 PM
The 2.8 GU did come out with a computer (ECU). Don't know about any fuses near the driver's seat though.

ozkan889
28th September 2011, 03:34 PM
Sorry, i should rephrase drivers seat, its in your standard fuse compartment below steering wheel near bonnet lever.

If it did come with an ECU, then where is it located because i have the entire dash around steering wheel removed at the moment and cant see no computer.

XTC
28th September 2011, 03:58 PM
Pretty sure the ECU on mine is above the transmission tunnel, beside the clutch peddle. It's standing on it's end.

I'll do a bit of digging around and try and find out what the relay is.

XTC
28th September 2011, 04:15 PM
Here is a couple of snippets from a workshop manual. Not sure it's much help.

91shorty
28th September 2011, 06:22 PM
Check this thread out

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?6172-Ecu-relay-wiring

ozkan889
29th September 2011, 10:32 AM
That's very interesting, with my covers all out and taking a look to that corner i do not have a ECU module at all. I do have a tiny little black box but doesn't look like computer module. Also, the fuse compartment has the brown relay as per image where heated seat relay is located but i do not have one to the right of it stating ECCS module as per image above unless the location has been put to the right where heated seat relay sits.

-ET 4wd-
4th October 2011, 12:16 AM
Not a Glow relay/timer?

Steve.

ozkan889
5th October 2011, 12:40 PM
Not a Glow relay/timer?

Steve.

Nah, Dont think so.