PDA

View Full Version : Nevada, USA

Maarten
26th September 2011, 10:57 PM
I was working in the USA for the past 5 years and I have just returned home. I would like to share some of the photos I took in the western deserts. Not sure about the expected result but maybe I should just mention that Lake Meade feature in two of the photos. Thank you for visiting.

macca86
26th September 2011, 11:02 PM
some nice photo's would loved to have seen some 4x4 action in them even if it was a yank tank or some other rubbish things they make! must say that I do like that they get out there and have a go as they say lets get her done yeah whoo haha

AB
27th September 2011, 09:10 AM
Love the landscape mate, great photos!

Sir Roofy
27th September 2011, 10:07 AM
Welcome aboard mate great photos
any with a truck in them

gec
27th September 2011, 10:29 AM
Nice pics mate, no need to be shy, wack up some more

Warnie
27th September 2011, 11:59 AM
Looks awesome, love the colour changes with the different mineralogy of the landscape

Woof
27th September 2011, 04:01 PM
Great photos there mate, love all the different colours

patch697
27th September 2011, 06:44 PM
Brilliant pics mate & your a champ for posting them up.

For most of us, this is the only way we will ever get to see the world through the eyes of a real person.....hhahaha

Maarten
27th September 2011, 08:16 PM
Thank you for all the kind words. This place is off limits to driving in the dirt. It is all bitumen and all cars stay on it. I can understand the reason for that because these are actually badlands. Clay. No go in the wet, albeit not very often. Very limited 4WD'ing in this area.

Maxhead
27th September 2011, 08:21 PM
Yep, keep em coming mate......very nice

taslucas
27th September 2011, 09:28 PM
some nice photo's would loved to have seen some 4x4 action in them even if it was a yank tank or some other rubbish things they make! must say that I do like that they get out there and have a go as they say lets get her done yeah whoo haha

X2. Photos are cool. Photos with Fourbys in them are cooler!
I vote yes to more photos

Maarten
27th September 2011, 10:19 PM
Large areas in this park is off limit to 4WD' ing. The land is in pristine condition with no tracks visible anywhere. The photos of the red hills were taken in the Valley of Fire near Las Vegas.

patch697
27th September 2011, 11:34 PM
Just spectacular colors in those rocks...... It would have been simply breath taking in person.

katwoman
28th September 2011, 12:01 AM
Large areas in this park is off limit to 4WD' ing. The land is in pristine condition with no tracks visible anywhere. The photos of the red hills were taken in the Valley of Fire near Las Vegas.

So, how do you get the shots, if you cant drive ?
You dont ( gulp) WALK do you ????
Gorgeous BTW..

Maarten
28th September 2011, 06:29 AM
So, how do you get the shots, if you cant drive ?
You dont ( gulp) WALK do you ????
Gorgeous BTW..
Thank you for visiting and also your kind words. There is a bitumen road through the park with parking spots and then you walk. The land is very fragile and if it was not desert, the colors would have disappeared long ago.

DX grunt
28th September 2011, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the pics. I could just sit here for hours and 'embrace the landscape'. Reminds me a lot of NW of WA. Not much of anything to a lot of people, but fan bluddy tastic and can 't get enough of it to others! Love em.

Take care out there.

Rossco

Maarten
28th September 2011, 10:52 PM
More photos from the same area.

Maarten
28th September 2011, 10:56 PM
Thanks for the pics. I could just sit here for hours and 'embrace the landscape'. Reminds me a lot of NW of WA. Not much of anything to a lot of people, but fan bluddy tastic and can 't get enough of it to others! Love em.

Take care out there.

Rossco
Thank you for stopping by and also your kind words. Would you mind giving me a hint of where the area is that you refer to?
Best regards,
Maarten

Maarten
29th September 2011, 07:10 PM
The bitumen road can be seen in some of the photos.

growler2058
29th September 2011, 07:30 PM
Very cool scenery mate! Rekon id have trouble stayin on the blacktop, id be straight up those hills :-)

BHILL
29th September 2011, 09:28 PM
Great pictures, head on out to Broken Hill sometime and have a look around, you have set the bar high though!

Maarten
29th September 2011, 09:57 PM
Very cool scenery mate! Rekon id have trouble stayin on the blacktop, id be straight up those hills :-)
LOL - First time I hear about the blacktop! Love it. The car I hired was a sissy car so the only way out was to walk.

Maarten
29th September 2011, 10:05 PM
Great pictures, head on out to Broken Hill sometime and have a look around, you have set the bar high though!

I have been to Broken Hill. Spent a weekend in the rain there. No complaints though, I could see you guys needed it. I was going to post my Flinders photos but somebody requested I show some US photos so you will have to stay tuned. I was there in Sept 2005. If you would like to see a few: www.maartenventer.com
Cheers!

Maarten
30th September 2011, 10:07 PM
I think that this should be enough from this part of the world. Hope you have a great weekend.

AB
30th September 2011, 10:11 PM
You got to love that first photo in this post.

That's a keeper that one!

Maarten
30th September 2011, 10:38 PM
Thanks, one of my favorites too.

nick4884
26th October 2011, 12:24 PM
Great pics. I also went to the SW of the USA mid-last year. Did a road-trip with my wife's family in a massive campervan. We started in San Diego, California and headed east to Arizona, north up trough Utah and then through Nevada and then back through LA on the way home visiting all of the national parks (plenty out there). LA was a total waste of time but otherwise I was gobsmacked by the landscapes out there. As a Perth boy, I still have to get up to the north of WA, but the sheer scale and most of all, diversity of structures and minerals out there were just mind blowing. Definitely to be recommended! See if I can get a few pics up on another thread soon. Thanks again for the pics!

Maarten
26th October 2011, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the kind words and interest. Couldn't agree more about LA but I love the country and the deserts. Looking forward to your photos.

Pete's GU3
3rd November 2011, 03:09 PM
Some great colours in the earth over there...

Rick111
24th March 2012, 12:43 PM
Unreal photos, can't believe the colours, amazing, great job there buddy. Maybe you should take up photography as a job! Your very good at it.......

Maarten
27th March 2012, 05:58 PM
Thanks, Mate. Very kind words you have there.

1madgerman
17th April 2012, 12:31 PM
That place looks amazing!