PDA

View Full Version : MQ/MK pulles left when braking

robus1
26th September 2011, 06:29 PM
Hello, Have problem with van pulling left when braking. Is there a way to adjust the brakes more evenley. Allso is there a diffiniteve way of telling wether veicle is MQ or MK, just as i think ive sused it some one comes out with contradicting info. Seems that i have MK headlites GQ tail lites, no turbo pointing towards GQ. Can you tell by shasey No. cheers

Bigrig
26th September 2011, 07:59 PM
The braking issue could be a number of things mate - calipers, rotors, brake system blockage, suspension arms, alignment, thrust alignment (if the car has been lifted without replacing arms and the whole axle is sitting more to one side of the truck due to panhard being too short), etc.

Is it only at high speed or absolutely all the time (will be more noticable at speed I know, but is it apparent at low speed also)?

Finly Owner
26th September 2011, 09:57 PM
Q1 Braking; As Scott has said, could be pads/shoes, rotors/drums, calipers/wheel cylinders, faulty master/slave cylinder, rusty brake lines, poor condition brake fluid(air, moisture, old). Need to start by checking level of fluid and condition brake pads/shoes & discs/drums. If they are all ok then need to flush brake line and bleed them up with fresh fluid. If one or more don't bleed up, then you have faulty brake lines.

Q2 MQ/MK differences; easiest one is going by the headlights:
Round = MQ Square = MK. there are more differences, but this is the easiest way to id which is which.

Tim

robus1
27th September 2011, 01:58 AM
Hello, more at higer speeds and it seems to do it more the first medium to hard apllication of brake if you realese the apply the brake again dosent seem as bad. will strip callerpes, replace pads and fluide. see what happens cheers for help

Finly Owner
29th September 2011, 11:24 PM
I think you have a brake coming on harder than the other one. try to see if pistons are moving freely in calipers.

Tim

thomas.h
17th February 2012, 02:40 PM
simple check your seal on the pistons in the calipers and check that both are actually working remove both calipers stick a block of timber about the width of the disc in your caliper without pads and push your pedal theyll move out if one doesnt move theres your issue youve got a seized piston if that doesnt work start looking at your piping check for restrictions its a simple hydrulic system all condition of pads and rotors plays a big part

MQ MAD
23rd February 2012, 03:46 PM
Dont forget that tyre pressures can effect braking as well
When was the last time you had a full brake system flush ???
Could be , well its pritty much all mentioned above

GQ TANK
24th April 2012, 03:48 PM
Where are you loacted as there are some 260 patrols over seas that look like the MK but have differant engines.

What motor do you have

Finly Owner
24th April 2012, 11:10 PM
MKs over here come with different motors also.

Tim