PDA

View Full Version : Dark's travelling home.

Dark 1
24th September 2011, 08:07 PM
Well after much wait & anticipation we are finally living the dream in our new caravan. Started off with a few teathing problems but most have been sorted with ease so here are a few shots taken at the yard & in the caravan park in lilydale victoria.

NissanGQ4.2
24th September 2011, 08:11 PM
Very nice mate, I will just keep dreaming of the day I can do the same

Clunk
24th September 2011, 08:11 PM
Don't you think it might be a tad small!!!?????/ hahahahahahaha

looks the goods mate, the inside of that is very tidy looking indeed

Maxhead
24th September 2011, 08:13 PM
Mate, mate that's the life...well done.

I just wish I had the opportunity my self

patch697
24th September 2011, 08:24 PM
I bet its all starting to feel quite real now mate.........

Very nice unit & the best of luck with it.

Dark 1
24th September 2011, 08:30 PM
A couple more shots.

GUtsy ute
24th September 2011, 08:32 PM
Well after much wait & anticipation we are finally living the dream in our new caravan. Started off with a few teathing problems but most have been sorted with ease so here are a few shots taken at the yard & in the caravan park in lilydale victoria.

Hi Kelvin,

Great to see the dream come true.
What a top van to do Australia in!
Are you coming back to Qld or heading off in another direction on your trip?

Cheers Gavin

Dark 1
24th September 2011, 08:38 PM
And more, yeh where pretty happy!!!!!!!!!!!

Dark 1
24th September 2011, 08:45 PM
Hi Kelvin,

Great to see the dream come true.
What a top van to do Australia in!
Are you coming back to Qld or heading off in another direction on your trip?

Cheers Gavin
Hi Gavin, long time no chat..............Yeh mate were coming home to qld [we leave melbourne early monday morning] & are going to live in it back in mackay for 6 months or so before we head off on our great expedition.
We probably over did the van a bit but it's got to take us all over & it is now our home.

Bigrig
24th September 2011, 08:50 PM
Sooooo ... when do you arrive here??!!! Top stuff old mate and sincerely happy for you.

Van looks awesome ... envious is the first word that comes to mind!!!! lmao

Look forward to catching up if you are able!

Clunk
24th September 2011, 08:58 PM
The finish is just stunning and why the hell not if it's gonna be your home for the forseeable future............... well jealous

Ben-e-boy
24th September 2011, 08:58 PM
holy crap thats better than my house

GUtsy ute
24th September 2011, 08:59 PM
Look forward to catching up if you are able![/QUOTE]

X2, Would be nice to meet you if you're in Brisbane and time permits.

belzi82
24th September 2011, 09:32 PM
Looks amazing - looks bigger than the shoe box I live in!!!

Finly Owner
24th September 2011, 09:35 PM
WOW!!!!!

Tim

DX grunt
24th September 2011, 10:26 PM
That is soooooo wicked! Congrats, Kelvin.

May it give you many years of fun and happiness.

Take care out there.

Rossco

Dark 1
24th September 2011, 10:35 PM
Thanks guys, we are very happy with our new house. We have to leave melbourne on monday as we need to be in gympie first thing thursday morning to get the trol dyno tuned. Then get home by saturday to start back at work. We will be in brissie around christmas so will organise a meet up with the qld group then.

growler2058
25th September 2011, 07:13 AM
WOW, very nice mate

AB
25th September 2011, 07:48 AM
I'm so jealous Kelvin!!!

Lap it up mate and enjoy!!!

Dark 1
25th September 2011, 08:18 AM
Hey Andy sorry we couldn't catch up while we were down but has been full on with sorting the van.

Ben-e-boy
25th September 2011, 10:31 AM
gympie hey... I live in gympie getting it tuned at gympie diesel??? Simon and geoff do top quality work.

Dark 1
25th September 2011, 12:59 PM
Yep Simon has done it once before & will be getting it again at Chrissie to do the intercooler & turbo swap.

HippoNZ
25th September 2011, 02:41 PM
accommodation for the next forum meet up.......sorted.... haha one outstanding house there mate. Good on you for living up the true life, I know I'm jelous lmao

Leighw85
26th September 2011, 12:21 AM
mate this thing is great. you really know how to do it all in style :)

frenzy
26th September 2011, 12:40 AM
WOW!!!!!

Tim

X2! :jawdrop:

Top stuff mate. Very very nice.

Dark 1
5th February 2012, 12:18 AM
Since I last posted about our travelling home it was all new & shiny well as the shine is starting to wear off a bit I thought I'd chuck up a 6 month appraisal. No real problems to speak of everything still works fine. We did however go through a hail storm about 2 months ago which has remodelled the outside a little, all covered by insurance tho so no biggie.

Tapatalking my around.

NissanGQ4.2
5th February 2012, 07:20 AM
yeh yeh yeh, I'll keep dreaming Kelvin, thanks for reminding me about that dream, I nearly forgot.............was 2 busy dreaming about a camping trailer that I can't afford @ the moment!

Good 2 hear you have no real drama's with it, shame about the hail damage.

Timbo
7th February 2012, 01:26 PM
HOLY CRAP MATE! This thing is awesome!

It's amazing how they fit all of that stuff in there. Just make sure you don't go to the toilet before you have to do the washing! Haha.
So plush though. I've never seen inside new age caravans. For some reason I still thought they were like the old Jayco from years ago.

Cuppa
7th February 2012, 10:56 PM
Wow indeed, that's some van! Tell us your travel plans - what are your 'must sees'?

Cuppa

Dark 1
8th February 2012, 08:38 AM
Plan is to take around middle of this year head up t Darwin first to see family then over to the west yet again to see family & then just travel our great country. Must see's are, misses wants to go back to ayers rock, i want to go across the simpson [no van obviously], do the cape again, gulf of carpentaria, canning, Kimberly's, vic high country, flinders ranges & pretty much any other part of australia that we can find. I will work on & off so as we have travelling money & take it as it comes from there.

Dark 1
5th September 2012, 12:36 AM
Well we made it to Darwin. Did 900klms of dirt with the van, other than a little dust alls good, got some shots for ya's. Oh yeh there are photos of the yota connected to the van as well [sorry], must sy tho it did the job fantastically just doesn't look as good as the ole troll.

Silver
5th September 2012, 12:44 AM
Now, that's a caravan!! Nice photos, thanks

DX grunt
5th September 2012, 01:42 AM
Nice one Kelvin.

Wanna swap for the weekend when you're in the west? lol

Enjoy.

Take care out there.

Rossco

Bigrig
5th September 2012, 06:22 AM
Looks like scenes from Alby Mangle's movie!!!! lmao

Glad you made it mate and safe travels!!

Maxhead
5th September 2012, 07:37 AM
Good one mate, looks like you're enjoying yourself.

.........on the move

Sir Roofy
5th September 2012, 08:17 AM
kelvin your one lucky dude what a trip aye but you are still
a true nissan man with your nissan patrol .com.au shirt on
where are you off to next?
cheers roofy

Stropp
5th September 2012, 11:14 AM
looks like a great setup mate, darwin would be starting to warm up a bit now eh?? some great spots ther to check out, litchfield is a must to see. Take care and safe travells.

Dark 1
5th September 2012, 06:40 PM
Nice one Kelvin.

Wanna swap for the weekend when you're in the west? lol

Enjoy.

Take care out there.

Rossco
Were coming to the west next month so will have to try & catch up. Where abouts are you situated. We will be coming across the top to broome & then not sure if doing the coastal run or through the guts.

Dark 1
5th September 2012, 06:48 PM
kelvin your one lucky dude what a trip aye but you are still
a true nissan man with your nissan patrol .com.au shirt on
where are you off to next?
cheers roofy

Hi Roofy, we're doing the west next , spending some time with the fam in perth & then N.S.W. end of next year---- at this stage that is. I really do like it up the top here, great job , good money , heaps of motorsport action so we may even come back up here.