PDA

View Full Version : HI

benno_84
17th August 2010, 12:56 PM
Hi guys just saying hello

AB
17th August 2010, 12:58 PM
Hi benno, welcome to the forum mate.

Feel free to ask anything and join in the conversations.

benno_84
17th August 2010, 01:01 PM
I have just bought a 1998 Nissan Patrol 4.2D with an after market Turbo. Vehicle has 350, 000K. Got some great extra's, winch, bull bar, spot lights, turbo timer, heat transfer to 60 L tank with shower attachment and pressure pump, lift kit, dual batteries, snorkel, steering dampener, rear drawers and sub floor, 2 way, good JVC stereo, boost gauge, and a set of BF mud terrains with about 80% plus spare. She has also just had a new clutch put in in June.

Vehicle looks tidy inside and out but I do not have much of an idea of its history apart from what I can see. The vehicle was sold by a girl who had split with her boyfriend (guy who poured a heap of $$ into the car) and she kept the 4x4 and put it up for sale. She didn't like the fuel bill I think and wanted to swap for something more economical.

I have taken a bit of risk given that I don't know the service history but the engine sounds good, doesn't blow smoke, no oil leaks that I can see, body looks solid and straight, and has plenty of get up and go. I am assuming that a guy who puts over $6000 worth of gear on a rig is not going to skimp on changing his oils and filters, and keeping things in good order on the inside...but you never know! I have just sold my Honda VTR1000F so I am hoping that I have not bought a lemon. Anyway we will just have to see.

A bargain I thought at $12000.

Out where I live we do a lot of shooting so it will be nice to do it in the air conditioned comfort of the Patrol rather than of the back of a Hilux!

This is the first 4WD that I have ever owned so I am going to be on a big learning curve as I get my head around the mechanics of the vehicle. Hopefully you guys will be able to point me in the right direction. But for now I am just enjoying cruising around in the big rig and chatting on the 2-way. We have just had a heap of rain so it might be a mud run out into the Pilliga on the weekend to see just how good those Big BF's really are!

Loving it!

patch697
17th August 2010, 01:23 PM
Welcome Benno, Mate what a top Rig you picked up (& I like your choice in 4x4's BTW......lol)
post up some pics mate, we love pics here....lol

You'll find us a friendly bunch mate so feel free to join in.

Cheers
Paul

YNOT
17th August 2010, 02:05 PM
Welcome to the forum Benno.

Tony

Maxhead
17th August 2010, 07:01 PM
G'Day Benno, welcome mate

Woof
17th August 2010, 08:53 PM
Welcome Benno, enjoy

Finly Owner
17th August 2010, 09:37 PM
Hi and Welcome Benno

RustyNails
18th August 2010, 02:18 PM
Welcome along Benno and good pick up

Paul

benno_84
19th August 2010, 02:11 PM
Mate, talk about a friendly bunch!!! I don't think I have ever felt so welcome in my whole life.

Already got some great tips from some of you, thanks a bundle.

I will take a few happy snaps and put them up when I can.

Lloyd

patch697
19th August 2010, 02:29 PM
Mate, talk about a friendly bunch!!! I don't think I have ever felt so welcome in my whole life.

Already got some great tips from some of you, thanks a bundle.

I will take a few happy snaps and put them up when I can.

Lloyd

LOL Yeah we are a bit infectious........

Good onya Lloyd We love our pics here so whack em up mate so we can take a sqizz............

Cheers
Paul

nissanforever
12th January 2013, 09:41 AM
welcome to the forum

Dhuck
12th January 2013, 10:33 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

growler2058
12th January 2013, 10:44 AM
Wow 2010 and still saying hi hahahahahahahaha

Slap N Tap ;)

BigRAWesty
12th January 2013, 10:49 AM
Wow 2010 and still saying hi hahahahahahahaha

Slap N Tap ;)

Lol

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

my third 256
23rd January 2013, 08:53 AM
hi and welcom to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

MEGOMONSTER
26th January 2013, 01:19 AM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.