PDA

View Full Version : G'day from the West

DX grunt
3rd June 2010, 09:56 PM
G'day, I'm Ross. I live in Gnowangerup, which is about an hour and a bit from Albany and about 300k's SE of Perth. I belong to the same Club as Wayne (The Dogman).

I'm a GU man actually and own a 2005 DX 4.2 TDI White Ute with a pod on the back - an ex Telstra job.

It's got all the fruit and more...
Bull Bar
Warn 9,000 winch
IPF spotties
westernpatrolclub.com windscreen sticker
Heater and AM/FM radio & CD player - it is a DX - BM (basic model :o)
Uniden UHF 40ch CB
Window tint
Pod on the back with security grilles, under tray fresh water storage, 2 x rear steps, 2 x spare tyres, hot/cold water sink.

Extras: The wife (great for opening and closing farm gates :o ), Stihl 311 'Farmboss' chainsaw, recovery gear, first aid gear and all the usual camping stuff.

Great website. I look forward to reading, learning and contributing to your site.

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af279/DXgrunt/DXgrunt2-1.jpg

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt
Gnowangerup - Stirling Ranges WA

DazGQ
3rd June 2010, 10:10 PM
Love the pod Ross!

That would be real handy to lock up and secure in town.

Reminds me of the old Telstra vans you picked up for tradesman's with hot water, decked out shelves and that.

Nice and neat rig you got there.

p.s Wish my wife opened gates she just sits there like a stunned mullet...haha

DX grunt
3rd June 2010, 10:22 PM
Thanks DazGQ. That comment about the gates...... it was just for a laugh, sort of, I think - but hope not! It's still stock and it'll stay stock. Just bought 6 new tyres for my split rims.
It's got the hot water thingie/sink too. I forgot to mention it.

Take care.

Woof
3rd June 2010, 10:30 PM
Hey Ross, about time you got here mate.

Timbo
4th June 2010, 08:04 AM
Extras: The wife (great for opening and closing farm gates :o ), Stihl 311 'Farmboss' chainsaw, recovery gear, first aid gear and all the usual camping stuff.

ROFL! Nice one, but you're in trouble now! :)

Awesome setup man. I was looking into buying a ute the other month (decided against it.. should really save for a house).. and i saw quite a few ex-telstra setups and always wondered what they'd be like inside. Would be awesome to have a little hot water sink in the back and a bench for prepping food and that.

Top stuff.

Mark
4th June 2010, 08:41 AM
Yeah the hot water set up would be awesome for camping!

MickyD
4th June 2010, 10:48 AM
Gotta love those EX Telstra jobs...

They deck them out nice.

Muzza
6th July 2010, 12:32 PM
G'day, I'm Ross. I live in Gnowangerup, which is about an hour and a bit from Albany and about 300k's SE of Perth. I belong to the same Club as Wayne (The Dogman).

I'm a GU man actually and own a 2005 DX 4.2 TDI White Ute with a pod on the back - an ex Telstra job.

It's got all the fruit and more...
Bull Bar
Warn 9,000 winch
IPF spotties
westernpatrolclub.com windscreen sticker
Heater and AM/FM radio & CD player - it is a DX - BM (basic model :o)
Uniden UHF 40ch CB
Window tint
Pod on the back with security grilles, under tray fresh water storage, 2 x rear steps, 2 x spare tyres, hot/cold water sink.

Great website. I look forward to reading, learning and contributing to your site.

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af279/DXgrunt/DXgrunt2-1.jpg

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt
Gnowangerup - Stirling Ranges WA

I should have just read this bit first, so it was a complete ex Telstra job.

robsgq
6th July 2010, 10:13 PM
Hi and Welcome Ross

DX grunt
6th July 2010, 10:47 PM
G'day RobsGQ, Nice to see a Rocko troll. LOL There's a great DX ute down yr way too, I believe!! lol

G'day Muzza. It's got the works for what I need atm. Just spent 2k getting new tyres. Got more cheesecutters. I'm happy. Saves carting a Camper trailer around. The pod will fit a double bed mattress in just nice. All I need for a weekend away.

Take care out there guys.

Ross
DX grunt

RustyNails
13th August 2010, 12:10 PM
Hey Ross, thought I'd responded to this one but obviously not.
Hope you and yours are well and look forward to caatching up with you soon.

Paul

Finly Owner
23rd August 2010, 11:16 PM
Hey Ross I'm Tim