PDA

View Full Version : Baldwin oil and fuel filters on TD42

AB
19th September 2011, 07:29 PM
Just about to do Bluey's first service this weekend and I was given some brand new Baldwin oil and fuel filters.

Never used Baldwin before on past rigs and have always tried to use Ryco or Fleetguards products, etc.

Does anyone have any experience with Baldwin filters, good or bad on the TD42 GQ?

I have only heard of one case of dusting but thats not to say you should completely wipe them off the books...lol

AB
19th September 2011, 07:32 PM
Also, not sure if anyone could answer this but worth a try...I """ASSUME""" Baldwin filters have the anti-drainback????

AB
20th September 2011, 11:15 AM
Just an update, checked the filters and they do have the anti-drainback.

patch697
20th September 2011, 11:30 AM
Whats the go here AB?

Are they cheap or just a new brand?

I don't tend to play around with anything that has the potential to harm, shorten or effect the life of what it is im trying to prevent & protect.

I'd rather go with what I know then put my trust into something I don't

Theirs a lot to be said for piece of mind..........

just my 2 cents,

AB
20th September 2011, 11:38 AM
Hey mate, they are definitely not on the cheaper side of the market...They are similar price as Rycos I guess.

Definitely not on the Repco Nippon side of quality but not sure if they are up there with Fleetguard or Ryco quality though.

I havent heard anything bad about them but also havent heard anything good about them either.

They seem to try to promote their gear as quality, etc...Not sure what to do...lol

patch697
20th September 2011, 11:51 AM
Hey mate, they are definitely not on the cheaper side of the market...They are similar price as Rycos I guess.

Definitely not on the Repco Nippon side of quality but not sure if they are up there with Fleetguard or Ryco quality though.

I havent heard anything bad about them but also havent heard anything good about them either.

They seem to try to promote their gear as quality, etc...Not sure what to do...lol

You have just answered your own question old mate............

Stick with what you know as there is no real cash benefit or any real hands on feed back thus far so stick with what you trust & leave the R&D up to someone else.................hahahahahaha

patch697
20th September 2011, 11:54 AM
You have just answered your own question old mate............

Stick with what you know as there is no real cash benefit or any real hands on feed back thus far so stick with what you trust & leave the R&D up to someone else.................hahahahahaha

BTW,,,,,,,, Its fleetguard all the way for me. You pay for them but as I said, theirs a lot to be said for piece of mind.

twinotter600
12th November 2011, 10:24 AM
Friends don`t let friends use Fleetguard oil filters. I split all my filter for inspection and Fleetguard does not measure up.

I have used the Baldwin fuel filter with no issues. If after sitting all night it takes more than 5 seconds to build oil pressure the anti drainback valve is no good on that particular brand.

canuck
12th November 2011, 02:06 PM
Friends don`t let friends use Fleetguard oil filters. I split all my filter for inspection and Fleetguard does not measure up.

Yes, Fleetguard quality here in Canada is the pits. Oil drainback valves don't work. Air filter pleats collapse because they can't flow enough air - even for my two NA TD4.2s. And both, they say, are speced for the TD4.2.