PDA

View Full Version : Frenzy out & about

frenzy
19th September 2011, 12:02 AM
Here we are..... Night 2 of 7 on Straddie. How's the serenity?

Dire Straits, Bundy & Coke, open fire, waves crashing in, clear skies and lots of stars....

timbar
19th September 2011, 12:04 AM
NICE sunset mate must be so awesome !!

frenzy
19th September 2011, 12:11 AM
Yeah mate. Everyone's gone to bed now. Just chilling beside the fire..

We're right on the beach too

patch697
19th September 2011, 12:46 AM
Looks the goods mate..... (love your taste in music BTW)

Bigrig
19th September 2011, 07:46 AM
Thanks for rubbing it in!!!!

It's a top spot no doubt ....

Dhuck
19th September 2011, 07:49 AM
Enjoy mate. Love it over there as long as I don't have to go in the water.

Maxhead
19th September 2011, 07:53 AM
Here we are..... Night 2 of 7 on Straddie. How's the serenity?

Dire Straits, Bundy & Coke, open fire, waves crashing in, clear skies and lots of stars....

Yeah, rub it in why don't ya!! Looks bloody awesome...enjoy the rest of the trip.

nowoolies
19th September 2011, 08:53 AM
lucky what a place to be
enjoy

04OFF
19th September 2011, 11:56 AM
I like that that first pic mate:thumbup:

don't think well be able to make it over while your still there im afraid, would love to come as straddie is my fav, flinders beach is a top spot.

Ill be expecting a sunset pic evey day while your there then ? :smile:

frenzy
19th September 2011, 07:45 PM
Doh! Saw your post just now. Too late for a sunset pic today. Cheers, Steve

Woof
19th September 2011, 07:51 PM
Hope it snows..............looks like you are having a great relaxing time Steve, very jealous mate

frenzy
20th September 2011, 06:18 PM
I'll be expecting a sunset pic evey day while your there then ? :smile:

here you go Stevo...

Silver
20th September 2011, 06:29 PM
perfect weather to be over there too. Well done!!

04OFF
20th September 2011, 10:14 PM
Great work Steve....:first:

Is there many people over there now ?

frenzy
20th September 2011, 10:22 PM
Is there many people over there now ?

There's still plenty of space actually! I wouldn't say it's crowded (and I don't like crowds) at all. People have been arriving steadily since Sat though.

Didn't wait long for our fish and chips or showers at the council caravan park today. There is a shedload of teenagers staying in the resorts (or whatever) at point lookout but they aren't worrying us here.

Finly Owner
20th September 2011, 10:47 PM
enjoy stay Steve, I want some fish when you come back.

Tim

Yendor
20th September 2011, 11:16 PM
Geez Steve, looks like you are doing it tough mate...lol

Did you get any of the smoke haze over there?

Oh, thanks for making it that little bit harder for me to go to work tomorrow. :)

frenzy
21st September 2011, 09:34 AM
enjoy stay Steve, I want some fish when you come back.

Tim

No one I've spoken has caught anything off the beach including me!

frenzy
21st September 2011, 09:49 AM
Geez Steve, looks like you are doing it tough mate...lol

Did you get any of the smoke haze over there?

Oh, thanks for making it that little bit harder for me to go to work tomorrow. :)

Yep. Plenty of smoke haze yesterday. It's been blowing a gale for the last 24 hours though. The supa pegs are holding the tarp down so far!

Quite hazy today too

04OFF
21st September 2011, 07:39 PM
Nice work again steve, glad to see you getting a bit creative with the pics :049:

Looking forward to tomorrows.......

frenzy
21st September 2011, 09:49 PM
Nice work again steve, glad to see you getting a bit creative with the pics :049:

Looking forward to tomorrows.......

I'm practicing for when I'm allowed to buy a real camera! LOL. Got a funky free iPhone camera app for the moment.

Wind has died down now. Hooray for double guy ropes and big sand pegs on all tarp eyelets

Going for a fish first thing. Hoping to get one for Tim!

Cheers,

Steve

04OFF
21st September 2011, 10:14 PM
I'm practicing for when I'm allowed to buy a real camera!

Thats good steve ,ill sell you one of mine when i upgrade (lol), seriously tho, composition is very important most times with photography, and i can see some thought has gone into your pic's ,even if they are taken with a I-PHail !

frenzy
21st September 2011, 10:25 PM
Thats good steve ,ill sell you one of mine when i upgrade (lol), seriously tho, composition is very important most times with photography, and i can see some thought has gone into your pic's ,even if they are taken with a I-PHail !

Upgrading to an E series are we?

Finly Owner
21st September 2011, 10:31 PM
Upgrading to an E series are we?So how did ya" go? Did it taste nice?

Tim

frenzy
21st September 2011, 10:36 PM
So how did ya" go? Did it taste nice?

Tim

Yes. The marinated butterflied lamb leg grilled over hot coals was very tasty indeed thanks Tim!

Finly Owner
21st September 2011, 11:25 PM
Yes. The marinated butterflied lamb leg grilled over hot coals was very tasty indeed thanks Tim!

Now that looks nice Steve, BUT, I was talking about my fish?

Tim

Woof
22nd September 2011, 06:53 PM
Obvously the fish were not biting, so he headed to the billabong and grabbed a Jumbuck Tim....haha

frenzy
22nd September 2011, 08:49 PM
Obvously the fish were not biting, so he headed to the billabong and grabbed a Jumbuck Tim....haha

That's right mate. We've caught one little whiting all week (we actually means my 9 year old: she was stoked!) first fish AND she can cast now!

Had a great piece of grilled Mack for lunch today, mmmmmmm.

Lucky I didn't schedule a "catch and kill" day. Would have been hungry! LOL

frenzy
25th September 2011, 12:15 AM
Home now. Just got to clean the truck tomorrow...

Here's a few more piccies from our week at Straddie...

Cheers,
Steve

Clunk
25th September 2011, 01:05 AM
great pics frenzy, what a fantastic spot

04OFF
25th September 2011, 07:02 PM
Wow Steve, those last pic's are fantastic mate, i love every one of them........

:kewlpics:

Bigrig
25th September 2011, 07:29 PM
Wow Steve, those last pic's are fantastic mate, i love every one of them........

:kewlpics:

X2 - nice job mate, they came out a treat!!

GUtsy ute
25th September 2011, 07:41 PM
You sure have got that camera humming Steve!
Great pics there! Well done.

frenzy
25th September 2011, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the comments guys. It was a really relaxing week away for the whole family. We'll be doing that kind of thing a fair bit more often...

For the photos, I was using an iphone3 with a free app called camera+. I also took a fair bit of inspiration from 04OFF's (Steve's) awseome pictures in his thread. Thanks Steve.

Bigrig
25th September 2011, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the comments guys. It was a really relaxing week away for the whole family. We'll be doing that kind of thing a fair bit more often...

For the photos, I was using an iphone3 with a free app called camera+. I also took a fair bit of inspiration from 04OFF's (Steve's) awseome pictures in his thread. Thanks Steve.

iPhone!!!??? lmao!!!! Crikey, and here I was thinking of investing in a 16 megapixel SLR!!! (do they even make them?? lmfao!!!).

frenzy
25th September 2011, 10:54 PM
iPhone!!!??? lmao!!!! Crikey, and here I was thinking of investing in a 16 megapixel SLR!!! (do they even make them?? lmfao!!!).

yeah, I know! I couldn't quite believe a free app could produce piclike that with an iphone either! I went to bigdubya today and got some 10x12s printed. They look pretty good. I giess part of what you pay the big bucks for in an SLR is the ability to blow your piccies up (Megapixels) and mount a 6x4 foot canvas on the wall! LOL!

Bigrig
25th September 2011, 10:57 PM
yeah, I know! I couldn't quite believe a free app could produce piclike that with an iphone either! I went to bigdubya today and got some 10x12s printed. They look pretty good. I giess part of what you pay the big bucks for in an SLR is the ability to blow your piccies up (Megapixels) and mount a 6x4 foot canvas on the wall! LOL!

Good to know I can be a professional also .... and I haven't even started taking photos yet!!!! lmao

Still, Steve's (04OFF) photos are a bit mind blowing to be honest - I couldn't even get in half the positions he does to take a photo let alone know why I was even trying to!!!! lmao

Yendor
25th September 2011, 11:39 PM
Nice shots Steve, very impressive.

hekarewe
26th September 2011, 12:04 AM
top pics there frenzy keep em comin

04OFF
26th September 2011, 03:34 PM

Good stuff Steve , thanks mate, looks like you have grasped the composition area very well, now just need to get you a DSLR so the picture quality bumps up a bit.

Also a DSLR will give you heaps more freedom to get more creative, and if this is what you can do with a ph, id love to see what you can do with a decent camera mate.

Ive just put a couple more in my pic thread, might help convince you to move up from the i-phail camera ;)

frenzy
26th September 2011, 09:10 PM
Good stuff Steve , thanks mate, looks like you have grasped the composition area very well, now just need to get you a DSLR so the picture quality bumps up a bit.

Also a DSLR will give you heaps more freedom to get more creative, and if this is what you can do with a ph, id love to see what you can do with a decent camera mate.

Ive just put a couple more in my pic thread, might help convince you to move up from the i-phail camera ;)

Thanks Steve. The one who needs convincing is the Minister of Fun and Finance! LMFAO! Christmas is coming and I've been really good this year! :newyear:

Let me know when you upgrade yours.