PDA

View Full Version : Ecu relay wiring

mattygu
18th September 2011, 05:13 PM
hi matty here i have the same problems with glow plugs as a few others with a 3/98 gu patrol rd2.8 intercooler turbo deisel after much searching and 3 auto electricians later nissan was useless i have pulled ut the ecu relay to check the earth and found the wiring diagram in the greagorys book shows the rd2.8 doesnt have a ecu relay BUT the z30 does and two the wires are wired different to whats in the book and the numbers on the relay are different could this be causing the dramas overheating relay im convinced it isnt the ecm itself or the glow plugs relay also it says there are two glow plug relays in the rd2.8 i can only find one any info would be appreciated thanks

Yendor
18th September 2011, 05:37 PM
Hi Matty, Welcome to the forum.

The GU 2.8 only has one glow plug relay, the GQ 2.8 has two glow plug relays.

What exactly is your problem?

big_fletch
18th September 2011, 05:51 PM
G'day and welcome to the forum mate, ill have a look at my wiring diagram tomorrow and see if i can find anything

Fletcha

mattygu
19th September 2011, 04:09 PM
if you look at your fuse box under the dash theres a brown relay this is the ECU RELAY above the three blue ones this was all my dramas you wont see it on the rd 2.8 wiring diagram it isnt there you will find it on the 3.0lt diagram and dont worrie about the two different wires it doesnt make any difference this relay caused all my glow plug light ,stalling,hard starting,running like a dog problems before id look at any thing else check this out first it controls the lot

mattygu
19th September 2011, 04:20 PM
it was the top two pins on the right has a black and yellow wire this is the the solinoid there was the fault im going to take the old relay apart and check it out ill post pics when i do

mattygu
19th September 2011, 04:24 PM
lazy glow plug light, stalling,not starting ,running rough,lots of black smoke at times and your right gu only has one glow plug relay but a ecu relay as well when you switch it off the glow plug relay clicks first then the ecu relay clicks