PDA

View Full Version : 3.0L Exhaust Systems

scotty83
18th September 2011, 03:49 PM
Hi everyone. looking at replacing my exhaust system. 3L 2005
few questions.
1. Opinions - 2.75 or 3" Mild steel Mandrel Bent
2. QLDer SO Beaudesert Exhaust or Scott's Rods. (prob linked to question above)

Thanks
ScottyB

big_fletch
18th September 2011, 06:01 PM
Its hard to judge mate, and its also personal opinion. I myself would go for a 3" and i will be very soon.. Scotts rods are on the cheaper end than Beaudesert so also depends on your price range.. There have been good reports about both brands and sizes

Bigrig
18th September 2011, 07:34 PM
I think YNOT has dealt with Scotts Rods, so he may have some pertinent comment here ...

As for the size, sort of becoming negligible difference at that size ... so I'd say 3" ... (I have a 2.75" Mandrel bent system in mine currently)

patch697
19th September 2011, 01:01 AM
2.5 is more than enough for a 3ltr turbo anything bigger would be overkill.

2.75 or 3 inch is more suited to the bigger engines (TD42)

The quality of the build will play a big roll also & if money permits go a mandrel bent system.

If you intend to run a muffler then you'll only need a small one & makes sure its a strait through.
A turbo needs a exhaust system with ZERO (or as close to it) back pressure.

I would go without a muffler personally as the turbo tends to shut them right up anyway & what ends up out the back is two thirds of bugger all but that choice is really up to you.

guterra
19th September 2011, 09:29 PM
Also, if you haven't already, install a dawes & needle valve, and boost gauge prior to installing your bigger exhaust, otherwise you may end up spooling too fast and sending the ecu into limp mode. And an egt gauge is a must as well.

AB
19th September 2011, 09:31 PM
Its hard to judge mate, and its also personal opinion. I myself would go for a 3" and i will be very soon.. Scotts rods are on the cheaper end than Beaudesert so also depends on your price range.. There have been good reports about both brands and sizes

Thumbs up from me with Scotts Rods too when I got the 3" straight through.

Great people to deal with, fast shipping, excellent pricing even with the shipping cost down to Vic was still cheaper to go with them and the hangers were aligned perfectly!!!

Finly Owner
20th September 2011, 11:44 PM
I know YNOT suggest to use Beaudesert exhaust

Tim