PDA

View Full Version : Pauljud

pauljud
16th August 2010, 11:37 AM
Hi there evereyone,
My name is Paul. Judy and I own a 2004 GU Patrol, 4.8Lt petrol. Bit heavy on turps but Mum didn't like the sound of the noisy diesel we took for the try-out. Snorkel, Alum roof-rack, 2" lift, Front ARB air locker, IronMan bullbar, UHF, drawer system, cargo barrier, 75amp thumper,(as 2nd battery) in rear cargo area for 32L Engel and we tow an Adventurer Pilbara c/trailer to go all over the place. The last place we went to with the camper was the "Tip" of Cape York. What and adventure!!. Loved every minute of the place. We drove the "Old Telegraph Line", We went over the "Gunshot", swam in the "Fruit Bat Falls", caught my first "Barra" at Weipa and fished lots of other places. Crossed all the creek crossings BUT came a cropper at Nolans Brook. Took in too much water, wasn't going fast enough, c/trailer may have pulled me up more than I calculated and consequently ended up with a truck in "limp mode" and a wet computer unit for the auto trans. We still got to the tip and took all the photo's etc. Do you know, you can phone service at the tip of Australia. Everyone was calling up and saying, "guess where I'm calling from.
I hope this was a eye-catching intro because I am going to ask for lots of advice and tips etc, etc.
Cheers
Paulie

AB
16th August 2010, 12:09 PM
Hi Paulie, welcome to the forum mate.

Great intro, last time I was up there we didn't even have mobile phones so that's interesting to know.

Ask away Paulie. Join in the conversations and ask anything mate!

patch697
16th August 2010, 12:13 PM
LOLOLOL What a top post says one Paul to another.....lol

G/day Paul & welcome to the forum mate, We are always more than willing to help out our fellow Patrol heads here so feel free to join in & by all means mate ask away.

Cheers
From another Paul.

RustyNails
16th August 2010, 12:42 PM
Hi Paul from yet another.
Very eye catching intro indeed.

Paul

Maxhead
16th August 2010, 01:49 PM
G'Day Paul, welcome mate,,,, that intro is making me jealous

pauljud
16th August 2010, 06:27 PM
Thanks for all your welcome replies guy's, AB, patch697, RustyNails and Nisspat.
Have been busy looking all over the forum reading anything and everything.
Its great to be here.
Catch y'all soon

Paulie

Woof
16th August 2010, 06:54 PM
Welcome Paul & Judy, enjoy.

Finly Owner
16th August 2010, 09:24 PM
Welcome and Hi Paul and to Judy Too. From not another Pual but Tim. If that was your last trip you ever did it is more than likely one ya live over again and again.

pauljud
17th August 2010, 07:22 AM
Yes it was a fantastic trip. So many diiferent tracks types to pit your skills against. So many different areas of country flora & fauna to view. The weather was not offensive in any way. Not too hot, not too humid , definitely no too cold, and didn't have to fight off the mozzies after hearing so many stories. It is certainly going to be a trip that I will compare with on any other trek I go on. And without batting an eyelid, I will go again, but gotta build the funds up again. Thanks for your your welcome Tim

NissanGQ4.2
23rd November 2010, 05:07 PM
A little late but welcome to the forum Paul and Judy.

Great bunch of guys / girls on here always willing to help out where they can

Enjoy the forum.

Cheers

Todd

DX grunt
23rd November 2010, 06:27 PM
G'day Paul and Judy

Welcome to the forum. Sorry for missing your intro in August. Slipped through the system. Great to have another patrol addict on the forum.
Enjoy and feel free to contribute.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

Russell1974
23rd November 2010, 09:03 PM
Just found you guys definatley eye catching intro I no its late but welcome and hope you enjoy or have enjoyed so far

wildgu6
26th November 2010, 05:37 PM
Hey Paul, You have been around a bit longer than me, but just started seeing your name pop up, so Im going to intro myself to you instead.
Names Pete, have a 98GU and love it. Live not to far away from W.lakes, have outlaws in W.Lakes.
Good to see you on board the best forum around.
Great bunch of people with a s*** load of knowledge and experience hey.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.

P.S love the intro

Good luck buddy and Enjoy the ride.

Cheers Pete