PDA

View Full Version : Ripley (Ipswich) Saturday 17th - Interest

scotty83
15th September 2011, 01:41 PM
A group is going Saturday(17th) from the Navara Forum some of the member have asked if the patrol forum wanted to tag along. They are meeting at 8:00am. I am still waiting on the location. I haven't been there myself but have seen some of the video from their last trip and it looks good.

macca86
15th September 2011, 02:04 PM
It's a good spot but policed very often. once you go in have some fun when it's time to leave one person go out and make sure the police haven't set up booking everyone leaving. Last time I went there they were there so we didn't go in and they said radio your friend to leave or you'll get fines

04OFF
15th September 2011, 05:11 PM
The main rd/track is apparently a legal gazetted road, it is 100% a actual road at the start ,it just happens to turn to dirt 3/4s of the way down ,no signage to dictate the road ends that ive seen.

Can't say ive heard the same for all the side tracks, and going through fences would be a no-no for sure.

Some of the guys on the Navara forum may have more info, i may be interested in tagging along, hope you can find out "the facts" about legalities etc, please keep us informed

hekarewe
15th September 2011, 07:34 PM
be interested to see the info myself i was hoping to find out where this place is but did not know it was a no go zone keep me in loop guys i might be interested in coming along for the day..

macca86
15th September 2011, 08:02 PM
that's correct that it is a proper road but once you enter the bush it's a no no. Would be 2 months ago we tried ans they were booking everyone coming out. things like illegal mods being covered in mud (lights and poor viability plus if you leave trials on the road that's pollution etc. Just scout out the place and should be fine guys

Mazodude
16th September 2011, 05:45 PM
It's a great place that. Will be going there on 18th (Sunday).

Ben-e-boy
16th September 2011, 05:54 PM
I'd love to go...........But im still 3 wheel drive atm :(

scotty83
18th September 2011, 09:42 AM
He spends the day recovering them.

Thought I would go and check out this stop before organising a real trip here. excellent venue. still not sure about the legality. but wow great place. we didn't even explore 20% of the place. couple of group areas for showing off.(if you are into that) heaps for tracks.

Here are a few pics. hoping to get some video soon.

Almost rolled this one

Ben-e-boy
18th September 2011, 10:13 AM
Keep em comin scotty

RustyNav09
18th September 2011, 07:51 PM
i know i dont own a Patrol but i had to make an account to see the pics. Plus i can give some info on the patrols as i do give scott a hand fixing his Pootrol :P.

Well s*** that was me!

LAME. any reason to down a nav :P. guess who was first to have there car in the recovery position to give my a little bit of a tug to get me out. HMMMMM SCOTTY :P. OH dont go downing the navs to much. i have some video of you struggling on stuff the navs walked over. you prob forgot the cameras were rolling :P HEHEHEHEEH.

im gonna have to come pinch your net to upload videos scott. my dongle net is S***.

anyways have fun. if you want the link to the nav site with other pictures on it let me know. i will be giving scott a copy of all images and videos on a dvd for him to upload.

Cheer
Rusty

Dhuck
18th September 2011, 07:53 PM
Nice as long as all had a good day out