PDA

View Full Version : SWB GU Patrol/ Safari

Dirty Driver
14th September 2011, 10:42 PM
Folks,

I'm trying to track down any available information on the SWB Y61 Patrol/ Safari.
I've seen a few articles here and there over the past month or so but these really didn't give much info and therefore was wondering if; a) if there are any threads on this forum or; b) if someone could direct me to some websites.

Trying to get any and all information about the variant. Where it was sold, what configuration of drivetrain etc, photos.

Many thanks in advance

DD

Clunk
14th September 2011, 11:34 PM
To be honest I'm not sure if there is a thread up for one of these and I'm not sure if they were ever brought into Australia............... could be wrong and happy to be corrected. Hopefully someone might have an answer for you DD

Woof
15th September 2011, 01:29 PM
I'm with Clunk, don't think that they got to Australia, but they are in NZ

patch697
15th September 2011, 01:46 PM
To be honest I'm not sure if there is a thread up for one of these and I'm not sure if they were ever brought into Australia............... could be wrong and happy to be corrected. Hopefully someone might have an answer for you DD

X2.................. I don't think they were available to the Australian market either.

teleman
15th September 2011, 07:43 PM
X3.

Not available in Australia. Last SWB in oz was the GQ model.

Yendor
15th September 2011, 07:58 PM
There was a white one kicking around on the north side of Brisbane.

I guess it must be an import.

Dirty Driver
15th September 2011, 09:43 PM
Thanks Folks,
I agree, everything I read to date suggests that weren't released in Aus. I wasn't aware that some got into NZ, but lets face it just about anything and everything gets into NZ (from a motoring point of view).
I've heard of a couple of imported versions coming in from Japan, Malaysia and S. Africa, but I've never actually been able to clap eyes on one the flesh.

I'll keep hunting for information. If I find anything useful I'll post a link for others to read.

Cheers
DD