View Full Version : Replacing body chassis rubbers

RustyR
14th September 2011, 12:11 AM
Has anyone had a go at replacing the body chassis rubbers on a GQ
? best source of replacement rubbers
any time savers

patch697
14th September 2011, 09:04 AM
Depending on whether you want to lift the body or just stick with std height?

For std mount replacement give this guy a call: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?915-Nizzbits-(vic)

If your after a body lift then most 4x4 accessory's shops will be able to sort you out here.

The the GQ/Y60 factory manual (downloadable from this site) will have the info on where the body mounts are located.

The best way I've found to do this is one side at a time leaving the opposing side bolted up to stop the body from moving out of alinement. After you have the two rear mounts & one side (refer manual) unbolted then using a jack with a strong plate to help spread the weight gently life the body (you don't need much here) & replace each mount loosely fitting each bolt as you go to keep things in place when lower the body.

The two rear mounts are hidden under plates in the floor that appear to be welded in. You can apply heat to remove them or do what myself & others do, use a hole saw to gain access then buy a rubber bung to go back in the hole or just leave it open your choice really as its hidden under the floor coverings.

If you intend to lift the body you will need to keep an eye on things like brake lines & wiring looms & depending on how high you go you may need to remove a small section of floor at the rear of your transfer case sifter (hi/lo range gear stick) too achieve low range has it may fowl on the floor.

I hope this helps.