PDA

View Full Version : Safari Snorkel Template

Rastus
13th September 2011, 09:19 PM
Hey guys i'm chasing a Safari Snorkel Template and fitting instructions for a GU series 2 if anyone has one,
Got a second hand one and the shop that sells them wont fit it unless i can show them a receipt for it, WTF is with that... So now going to have a go myself.
Cheers

guterra
13th September 2011, 10:01 PM
Haven't got a template, but just a quick bit of advise when you do get one. Tape up all your paint work around the cutting areas, as the filings may burn tiny holes in your paint work, and then the next time you do a beach run or so, she'll start rusting up quite quickly.

Also, drill the main hole first, then mount the snorkel up and double check your pilot holes. DON'T DRILL THEM ALL AT THE SAME TIME, just in case your template was off..

Just a few tips. All in all, its a simple task.

Cheers.

Finly Owner
13th September 2011, 10:07 PM
Good luck Mate, I've been looking for a MQ/MK one for ages.

Tim

Rastus
14th September 2011, 06:42 PM
Thanks guys, i'm sure there's a GU owner out there in the forum thats got one and doesn't need it for week or two.. Happy to send it back if they want it back as well.

Woof
15th September 2011, 01:49 PM
Disregard my previous post as it was not for a Patrol, deleted it

Rastus
20th September 2011, 05:58 PM
Thanks guys i got a hold of one and i'll take some pics when i decide to do the install and post em up..........

Finly Owner
20th September 2011, 10:51 PM
Thanks guys i got a hold of one and i'll take some pics when i decide to do the install and post em up..........How about you scan it and post it under this thread so it's here for anyone else who may be looking for one ?

Tim

yella88
7th October 2011, 06:50 PM
Got a new template from Safari just phoned them up and picked it up at local arb dealer(Geelong), Was about $32

Finly Owner
7th October 2011, 11:05 PM
Got a new template from Safari just phoned them up and picked it up at local arb dealer(Geelong), Was about $32
Any chance you could scan it and place on here please?

Tim