PDA

View Full Version : QLD Members Working Bee - Expression of Interest

Pages : [1] 2

Bigrig
13th September 2011, 07:33 PM
EDIT: Location, date and time all locked in as per below.

Torq4x4
Unit 3, 82 Johnson Road
Hillcrest

9:00am start (please try to be there earlier to organise cars and schedule).

Work gear please guys!! It is a licensed workshop, so sandshoes as a minimum if not working on the cars, and steel caps/appropriate gear if you are (especially for those intending to weld).

Bring all tools that you have for the job you wish to have done. Doesn't matter if you don't have everything as others are bringing theirs (we should have no lack of equipment), but still bring what you have.

Bring all oils, filters and fluids you require if you are wanting fluid replacement - engine, transmission, transfer, diffs, brakes, power steering, fuel.

Bring all parts you want swapped in/out unless you intend to buy them from Torq4x4 or SuperCheap or something when you arrive.

Example:

I am bringing full tool kit (suits just about every nut, bolt, circlip, etc for GQ/GU Patrol), arc welder (gloves, mask, sticks etc), tap and die set, electrical kit (connectors, fuses, wire, etc, etc), HTB grease, grease gun, and assorted other gear.

------------------------------------------------

Howdy

as per the other thread, looking to lock in a day and location for another day of fun in the sun and working on the rigs. Thinking Saturday 24th September or Saturday 8th October? Thoughts

If people who are interested could list down the top two things they want done, what I propose we do is work out who's coming, what talents we have amongst that group, and as a result, pick 3 rigs out of the list to have specific work done - would obviously still like everyone to show up even if your rig isn't picked as a show of support for the process (bit rude only shoing up to get your truck done and then doing the Harry Holt!).

Sooooo ... who's up for it??

POLL ABOVE - mulitple choice allowed so select both if you can come, and what you are good at!!!!

I'll start - I'm in, don't care where - want to do the rear seal on my transfer case (which I can do, but would like extra hands); and/or a dual 12 volt outlet in the very rear cabin.

NissanGQ4.2
13th September 2011, 07:42 PM
I'm in second......... don't care where,

Gearbox rebuild

Might be a bit hard 2 get it out of the driveway without the gearbox in there, but if you guys are in I will find a way *L*

My talents are drinking bourbon, but I'm also pretty good at drinking Scotch....beer....and petrol

Bigrig
13th September 2011, 08:02 PM
I'm in second......... don't care where,

Gearbox rebuild

Might be a bit hard 2 get it out of the driveway without the gearbox in there, but if you guys are in I will find a way *L*

My talents are drinking bourbon, but I'm also pretty good at drinking Scotch....beer....and petrol

Find a way!!! Do something like a Flintstones car - feet out the bottom going like the clappers!!!! lol

NissanGQ4.2
13th September 2011, 08:05 PM
Might be Good With - Transmission/Transfer Case after this week *LMAO*

You left bourbon drinking off the poll, now how can i vote!!!!

Bigrig
13th September 2011, 08:10 PM
Might be Good With - Transmission/Transfer Case after this week *LMAO*

You left bourbon drinking off the poll, now how can i vote!!!!

True on both counts mate!! lol

Finly Owner
13th September 2011, 09:18 PM
As far as I know I can't make it. If I could, I'm good on spanners and don't mind getting dirty. (ihave engine and diff swaps to do yet).

Tim

Bigrig
13th September 2011, 09:57 PM
As far as I know I can't make it. If I could, I'm good on spanners and don't mind getting dirty. (ihave engine and diff swaps to do yet).

Tim

Oh ... you already have!!!! lmao (reference to the other thread!!!)

Finly Owner
13th September 2011, 10:21 PM
Oh ... you already have!!!! lmao (reference to the other thread!!!) HUH?

Tim

Yendor
13th September 2011, 10:21 PM
I'll come and give a hand.

The 8th would suit me better.

It's my old man's birthday on the 24th (might be able to do a half day)

Bigrig
13th September 2011, 10:38 PM
I'll come and give a hand.

The 8th would suit me better.

It's my old man's birthday on the 24th (might be able to do a half day)

Well, looking like the 8th then as the three that can attend so far are all good for the 8th ... top stuff mate!

patch697
13th September 2011, 10:38 PM
Im good for all the above except the beer one..........................hahahahahahahahahahah a

Bigrig
13th September 2011, 10:42 PM
Im good for all the above except the beer one..........................hahahahahahahahahahah a

Serious question - you want to come up?? As per our previous discussion seeing as other things not on now - this could be a consolation trip and you still get to meet a few??

patch697
13th September 2011, 10:51 PM
Serious question - you want to come up?? As per our previous discussion seeing as other things not on now - this could be a consolation trip and you still get to meet a few??

I reckon that could be on the cards for sure..... We will have chats about this.

Bigrig
13th September 2011, 10:52 PM
I reckon that could be on the cards for sure..... We will have chats about this.

Done deal ...

Peacemaker
14th September 2011, 09:31 PM
Ill come, I'm good at some things but my forte is not listed...... ill have a go at auto sparky work, after all how hard could it be.... red wire joins black wire and there you have it.......smoke then fire. Who's got the trucks that need the work? maybe look at doing things like brake pad/ disk changes, adjusting tappets, diff and gearbox oil change's, unis and grease all under body points. Nothing to fancy but the things that need to be done before the next outing. I can get parts through Bursons at trade price.

Bigrig
14th September 2011, 09:44 PM
Ill come, I'm good at some things but my forte is not listed...... ill have a go at auto sparky work, after all how hard could it be.... red wire joins black wire and there you have it.......smoke then fire. Who's got the trucks that need the work? maybe look at doing things like brake pad/ disk changes, adjusting tappets, diff and gearbox oil change's, unis and grease all under body points. Nothing to fancy but the things that need to be done before the next outing. I can get parts through Bursons at trade price.

Good call - maybe for this one we aim to do some basic maintenance on each and every truck so everyone benefits on the first time?! Sounds good to me.

Peacemaker
14th September 2011, 10:01 PM
Hey, that's why they call me the "ideas man"...... Lmao. Can't do sh!t but I can suggest it. Be good as people can go over others car and might pick up on things others miss. Bit of preventative maintenance, dhuck will be good at this.

frenzy
14th September 2011, 10:59 PM
Should be right for the 8th. We're at Straddie for a week, so cant do 24th.

Was a mechanic/electrician in a previous life. Happy to get my little office hands dirty!!!

Bigrig
14th September 2011, 11:07 PM
Should be right for the 8th. We're at Straddie for a week, so cant do 24th.

Was a mechanic/electrician in a previous life. Happy to get my little office hands dirty!!!

Good stuff - so is everyone happy to lock in the 8th??

If so, need a location ...

Sir Roofy
15th September 2011, 08:40 AM
HEY SCOTT,LOOKING GOOD THERE,SO IF ALL GOES WELL ON THE 8th COULD I SUGGEST THAT YOU PULL TOGETHER A PRE XMAS WORKING BEE FOR QLD MEMBERS,CHECK BEARINGS,BRAKES,TOW HITCHES ,RECOVERY POINTS ANY THING THATS LOOSE AND A GREASE AT THE END OF IT

ROOFY

macca86
15th September 2011, 10:55 AM
8th sounds good. Willing to help out with other rigs. Basic maintenance and grease points could be done to get us all started maybe underbody rust proofing. I'm not due for a service till christmas time but if this takes off next year I'd like to finish nads. ( pyro, dawes/needle, new intercooler clean intake manifold and maff and install reverse light bar) and one of mals diff cases but save that for when I have some spare cash in feb till then I'll be a helper

Bigrig
15th September 2011, 11:58 AM
8th sounds good. Willing to help out with other rigs. Basic maintenance and grease points could be done to get us all started maybe underbody rust proofing. I'm not due for a service till christmas time but if this takes off next year I'd like to finish nads. ( pyro, dawes/needle, new intercooler clean intake manifold and maff and install reverse light bar) and one of mals diff cases but save that for when I have some spare cash in feb till then I'll be a helper

Good stuff Macca!!!

Ben-e-boy
15th September 2011, 04:57 PM
we'll see what happens. I can't confirm showing up yet. and I dont need any help on my rig. but I play with electricity for a living, am mechanically minded and can swing spanners , weld, fabricate and have a fair few tools. so ill help anyone who needs it

Bigrig
15th September 2011, 07:56 PM
Howdy all

The boys from Torq4x4, Murray and Dave (Old Mate), gave me a call earlier and have very kindly offered up the use of their workshop for the event - they have mulitple hoists for us to lift the rigs, ability to dispose of oils, etc, etc. Thanks a million you lads!!!!! Makes the job so much easier.

The address is:

Unit 3/82
Johnson Road
Hillcrest

We are looking at a 9am start on Saturday 8th October, and my suggestion is that we all spot up $10 each to fork over to Torq4x4 for letting us use their gear, and an additonal $5 each that they will use to put on a BBQ (just a sausage sizzle etc - something to throw in your guts inbetween oil changes!!!).

Is everyone good with the location (hope so, coz it ain't changing!! lmao), and with the $15 to cover disposal of oils, use of equipment and lunch?? Personally, I can't thank them enough for the offer!!

There's also a few others who may be coming who haven't had a chance to get on here yet (Nick, Tim [Cadbury], Ryan, etc). So could be upwards of 10 plus rigs there on the day .. a great start to the concept and I'm sure it'll be successful and continue to build from there.

hekarewe
15th September 2011, 08:03 PM
imight be in on this have a good one for you to get your head around had the scanner put on the ecm unitand came up with code 31 being unit f*^%Ked,,,,, was sudjested that i check all!!!!!! the earth connections related to the ecm as a dirty earth can send the same code,,,, this could fill out your working be day ROFLMAO my mechanic doesnt even want to touch it LOL

macca86
15th September 2011, 08:04 PM
Howdy all

The boys from Torq4x4, Murray and Dave (Old Mate), gave me a call earlier and have very kindly offered up the use of their workshop for the event - they have mulitple hoists for us to lift the rigs, ability to dispose of oils, etc, etc. Thanks a million you lads!!!!! Makes the job so much easier.

The address is:

Unit 3/82
Johnson Road
Hillcrest

We are looking at a 9am start on Saturday 8th October, and my suggestion is that we all spot up $10 each to fork over to Torq4x4 for letting us use their gear, and an additonal $5 each that they will use to put on a BBQ (just a sausage sizzle etc - something to throw in your guts inbetween oil changes!!!).

Is everyone good with the location (hope so, coz it ain't changing!! lmao), and with the $15 to cover disposal of oils, use of equipment and lunch?? Personally, I can't thank them enough for the offer!!

There's also a few others who may be coming who haven't had a chance to get on here yet (Nick, Tim [Cadbury], Ryan, etc). So could be upwards of 10 plus rigs there on the day .. a great start to the concept and I'm sure it'll be successful and continue to build from there.

Cool I might get the recovery kit I bought off them too. waiting for it to be in stock

hekarewe
15th September 2011, 08:08 PM
Howdy all

The address is:

Unit 3/82
Johnson Road
Hillcrest

sounds like a good plan will have to ty and make it over there for that is for no other reason then offer moral support lol sounds like a hoot keep m,e posted

Bigrig
15th September 2011, 08:20 PM
sounds like a good plan will have to ty and make it over there for that is for no other reason then offer moral support lol sounds like a hoot keep m,e posted

No need to be posted mate - Saturday 8th at 9am at Torq4x4 - lock it in Eddie!!!

Yendor
15th September 2011, 08:38 PM
Howdy all

The address is:

Unit 3/82
Johnson Road
Hillcrest

Well that's nice and close for me.

A big thanks to Dave and Murray for the offer.

Dhuck
16th September 2011, 06:10 AM
Howdy all

The address is:

Unit 3/82
Johnson Road
Hillcrest

On ya lads. They have a good size workshop available.

Bigrig
16th September 2011, 06:28 AM
On ya lads. They have a good size workshop available.

They have the long travel shocks in also that you were after ...

Dhuck
16th September 2011, 07:18 AM
mmmmmmmmm will have to come up with some $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Ben-e-boy
16th September 2011, 04:36 PM
mmmmmmmmm will have to come up with some $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

a 12 inch shock with that bump stop extension of yours will go straight in

scotty83
18th September 2011, 09:23 AM
too late to sign up?? i am looking at fitting my dawes value. possible catch can. Would love to see how others have done it.

ScottyB

Bigrig
18th September 2011, 01:42 PM
too late to sign up?? i am looking at fitting my dawes value. possible catch can. Would love to see how others have done it.

ScottyB

More the merrier mate - come along, meet a few people and get a hand with what you're looking to do ..

So far I think it's:

Scotty (BigRig)
Dave (Dhuck)
Benny (ben-e-boy)
Adrian (Hekarewe)
Rodney (Yendor)
Scotty (Scotty83)
Steve (Frenzy)
Ryan
Steve (Macca)
Jason (Peacemaker)
Murray and Dave of course (Torq4x4)

And possibly Nick (nickpeacock36), Tim (Cadbury) who are going to let me know, and a few others who are yet to respond (Mal, Steve 04OFF, Gav GUtsy Ute, Tony YNOT, etc).

And that's with Chris (Chrissey), Steve (steve67au), Tim (Finly Owner), Blair (Blazza), etc unable to make it!!!

Nice effort lads!!! Should be a cracking day of top productivity on the rigs ...

I only want to do the rear seal on my transfer case, so apart from about 1.5 hours, I'm free labour for the rest of day - we'll have a great range of capabilities there (including the beer openers and bbq'ers!!! lol) so should be able to knock over a fair bit of stuff on your trucks!!!

Can't wait!!!

macca86
18th September 2011, 02:24 PM
this trip I'm after greasing undercarriage rust proofing ( what do I need to do such a task? just fish oil or other things?) and fix my exhaust not sure if it needs welded or just new bolts or flange and gasket

Bigrig
18th September 2011, 02:35 PM
this trip I'm after greasing undercarriage rust proofing ( what do I need to do such a task? just fish oil or other things?) and fix my exhaust not sure if it needs welded or just new bolts or flange and gasket

I'm bringing HTB grease, grease gun, and a range of tools, as well as a new seal for the transfer case, etc ... just bring the parts, oils etc u need mate, and the labour will be sorted ...

I'll bring the arc welder if wanted unless someone has a small portable mig ...

macca86
18th September 2011, 03:28 PM
I'm bringing HTB grease, grease gun, and a range of tools, as well as a new seal for the transfer case, etc ... just bring the parts, oils etc u need mate, and the labour will be sorted ...

I'll bring the arc welder if wanted unless someone has a small portable mig ...

Cool that's all I'll need might ask work if I can borrow the tig i welding on exhaust is needed.
I am unsure as to what is needed to rust proof can someone let me know so I can buy the right parts paints thinners etc. I have spray gun and assume compressed air will be at the shop

Ben-e-boy
18th September 2011, 04:05 PM
Cool that's all I'll need might ask work if I can borrow the tig i welding on exhaust is needed.
I am unsure as to what is needed to rust proof can someone let me know so I can buy the right parts paints thinners etc. I have spray gun and assume compressed air will be at the shop

Can you tig weld?? you'll have to teach me. its been on my to do list for a long time

macca86
18th September 2011, 04:50 PM
Can you tig weld?? you'll have to teach me. its been on my to do list for a long time

I did it at tafe while I was doing my boilermaker apprenticeship. I've only done mild steel not stainless and aluminum But I can bring my tafe welding books for mig tig and stick for those who want to read up on some theory

Ben-e-boy
18th September 2011, 05:14 PM
I did it at tafe while I was doing my boilermaker apprenticeship. I've only done mild steel not stainless and aluminum But I can bring my tafe welding books for mig tig and stick for those who want to read up on some theory

That would be good....I'm ok with a stick and mig, never so much as picked up a tig

macca86
18th September 2011, 05:21 PM
That would be good....I'm ok with a stick and mig, never so much as picked up a tig

remind me ans I'll bring all my books

Ben-e-boy
18th September 2011, 05:28 PM
I'm booking myself in for a power steering cooler kit for the working bee

Bigrig
18th September 2011, 06:25 PM
I'm booking myself in for a power steering cooler kit for the working bee

That'll be an interesting one ...

Ben-e-boy
18th September 2011, 07:00 PM
That'll be an interesting one ...

piece of piss its on the return line

Bigrig
18th September 2011, 07:04 PM
piece of piss its on the return line

Sweet - never done anything around power steering so I'll be a willing assistant ... and good student ... honest!! lmao

frenzy
20th September 2011, 02:44 PM
I need to braze in my boost gauge connector and change all my oils and fluids.

I've got the skills and tools for the oils and fluids bit but don't have access to any brazing kit. Can anyone assist please?

Ben-e-boy
21st September 2011, 12:03 AM
I need to braze in my boost gauge connector and change all my oils and fluids.

I've got the skills and tools for the oils and fluids bit but don't have access to any brazing kit. Can anyone assist please?

for someone to bring an oxy-actylene kit may be a tall order (hopefully not). But, is there any reason why it cant be drilled and tapped??
Benny

Bigrig
21st September 2011, 06:21 AM
for someone to bring an oxy-actylene kit may be a tall order (hopefully not). But, is there any reason why it cant be drilled and tapped??
Benny

I'm bringing a full tap and die set with me ...

frenzy
21st September 2011, 08:51 AM
I'm bringing a full tap and die set with me ...

Noice! Better dig out that connector....

scotti27
21st September 2011, 06:24 PM
Not really a star at anything, but willing to have a crack

Bigrig
21st September 2011, 07:55 PM
Not really a star at anything, but willing to have a crack

Top stuff mate!!! We have professional beer openers and sausage sizzlers going also, so no drama - join in and we'll help out with taking you through some stuff ... you'll be doing your own work and saving dollars before you know it!!!

Look forward to meeting you mate!

Finly Owner
21st September 2011, 09:47 PM
Ok best I let you all in a little secret that Big Rig has been keeping to himself as I asked of him.........
As of 30/09/11 I no longer work for Kennards Hire. I will be getting 75% of my weekends back to myself. So I will turn up around lunch time on the 8th to help out!

Tim

beansathome
21st September 2011, 11:42 PM
man u guies are making me want to come. i might b able to drop in and lend a hand. i have had some practic on tig mig and stick welding if that can be of use. just not sure if i am looking after the little 1 or not till closer to the date. is there a pipe bender or anything in the shop? for beding up a set of rock sliders or the arm that goes from the bull bar the the rocksliders etc ??

cheers ben

Bigrig
22nd September 2011, 07:17 AM
Ok best I let you all in a little secret that Big Rig has been keeping to himself as I asked of him.........
As of 30/09/11 I no longer work for Kennards Hire. I will be getting 75% of my weekends back to myself. So I will turn up around lunch time on the 8th to help out!

Tim

Good stuff and congrats on the new role.

Bigrig
22nd September 2011, 07:18 AM
man u guies are making me want to come. i might b able to drop in and lend a hand. i have had some practic on tig mig and stick welding if that can be of use. just not sure if i am looking after the little 1 or not till closer to the date. is there a pipe bender or anything in the shop? for beding up a set of rock sliders or the arm that goes from the bull bar the the rocksliders etc ??

cheers ben

Hope you can make it mate - don't know if there'll be a pipe bender ...

Airstrike
22nd September 2011, 03:48 PM
I can make exotic shots?!?!?

Bigrig
22nd September 2011, 06:03 PM
I can make exotic shots?!?!?

Well, someone has to!!! lmao

GUtsy ute
22nd September 2011, 08:17 PM
Looks like I'll be able to make it there to assist if needed.
Distance to travel will be a killer though, at least 3 k's!!

Finly Owner
22nd September 2011, 08:44 PM

cheers ben
I'll see what I can do

Tim

Finly Owner
22nd September 2011, 08:44 PM
Good stuff and congrats on the new role.
Thanks Big Guy.

Tim

beansathome
22nd September 2011, 09:36 PM
I'll see what I can do

Tim

thanks

i got a cheep ark welder if thers nothing else to weld with but i better practice lol
i need to bend up some rock sliders aswell. there might be more people that would like this done so we might b able to bend up a few.

Bigrig
22nd September 2011, 09:52 PM
Looks like I'll be able to make it there to assist if needed.
Distance to travel will be a killer though, at least 3 k's!!

Be great to have you there Gav!! So long as the distance isn't off putting for you!!!!! lmao

Bigrig
22nd September 2011, 09:53 PM
thanks

i got a cheep ark welder if thers nothing else to weld with but i better practice lol
i need to bend up some rock sliders aswell. there might be more people that would like this done so we might b able to bend up a few.

I'll have a fairly decent arc welder there mate, but happy to have multiple ...

beansathome
22nd September 2011, 09:55 PM
I'll have a fairly decent arc welder there mate, but happy to have multiple ...

cool never have to many lol. i might not even b able 2 go yet lol i might have my daughter to look after

hekarewe
22nd September 2011, 10:34 PM
i will be there as well may have some work to do on the green machine rock sliders and front locker if i can get it all organised by the day will see how we are travelling but either way will be there

Ben-e-boy
23rd September 2011, 12:17 AM
I'm thinking that we are goin to need some sort of shedual as to what work is being done. the servicing, electrical, lockers, sliders some jobs take hours and will have a rig sitting in one area when we want to have a turn around rigs in and out of the workshop so everyone has a go.

Do we have a (so far ) official count of whose coming and what they want done.

Myself-power steer cooling kit 1-1.5 hour max including set up and clean up

Bigrig
23rd September 2011, 06:54 AM
I'm thinking that we are goin to need some sort of shedual as to what work is being done. the servicing, electrical, lockers, sliders some jobs take hours and will have a rig sitting in one area when we want to have a turn around rigs in and out of the workshop so everyone has a go.

Do we have a (so far ) official count of whose coming and what they want done.

Myself-power steer cooling kit 1-1.5 hour max including set up and clean up

Spot on mate - I'll put a schedule together this weekend and post it up - we have about 10 trucks coming, but most are basic maintenance. We should be able to team off as it were and get the bulk done of what's been stated thus far though ...

macca86
23rd September 2011, 02:28 PM
I'll be quick just need shown all grease nipples and what needs greased etc and spray fish oil over her. so 1hr tops I'd say. Anyone wanting welding tips tricks and advice I'll be bringing my tafe cooks and can give demo or guide you as to what you're doing right or wrong. Sorry can't get the tig welder down for that weekend we don't have the gas for it atm and the boss is doing his boat sorry.

Peacemaker
23rd September 2011, 03:29 PM
:hijacked: Although knocking up a few sets of sliders would be fantastic (as I want a set), I do think that kind of thing would suit another day dedicated on them only. We could gauge interest on the weekend, work out the amount of pipe and plate needed and go to town........ . I don't see any reason why we cant do "Dedicated" weekends every now and then E.g. Sliders and bar work, Rear power outlets or wiring lights, Fitting Locker's(group Buy?), suspension lifts, as most of these things need some "Professional" assistance but a basic service and check over day will get us all in and give us a start point to plan from..........Just my thoughts, ill go crawl back under my rock now.

Bigrig
23rd September 2011, 04:38 PM
:hijacked: Although knocking up a few sets of sliders would be fantastic (as I want a set), I do think that kind of thing would suit another day dedicated on them only. We could gauge interest on the weekend, work out the amount of pipe and plate needed and go to town........ . I don't see any reason why we cant do "Dedicated" weekends every now and then E.g. Sliders and bar work, Rear power outlets or wiring lights, Fitting Locker's(group Buy?), suspension lifts, as most of these things need some "Professional" assistance but a basic service and check over day will get us all in and give us a start point to plan from..........Just my thoughts, ill go crawl back under my rock now.

Good thoughts too ...

Ben-e-boy
23rd September 2011, 07:02 PM
If multiple people want sliders youll have to decide on a design and make a jig

Warnie
24th September 2011, 10:26 AM
I am in need of doing a front crank shaft seal and will probably change oil and filters that day. So count me in.

hekarewe
24th September 2011, 10:35 AM
will be picking up my sliders from bolsys this week after speeking to him this morning woo hoo will be ordering the lokkka over the weekend double woo woo hoo hoo

Ben-e-boy
24th September 2011, 10:59 AM
I am in need of doing a front crank shaft seal and will probably change oil and filters that day. So count me in.

while you are here you coming to beerburrum on the 9th (day after woorking bee)

Dhuck
24th September 2011, 11:07 AM
I will not be up for a day run on the 9th. There is something more important to be done that day. Consuming copious amount of alcohol and sitting on my but all day (maybe with a bbq thrown in) watching cars going round and round the f@#$%^& track. How so f@#$%^& pleasurable. Only if I could be in Bathurst that weekend.

Warnie
24th September 2011, 11:57 AM
na mate another day I cant make, its my housemates birthday and we are going out and getting on the sauce that arvo

Ben-e-boy
24th September 2011, 02:24 PM
both of you are as soft as a pensioners S^!T

beansathome
24th September 2011, 03:02 PM
If multiple people want sliders youll have to decide on a design and make a jig

exacty as they can all be bent up at once all i need is mine bent and then i can weld them at home

DX grunt
24th September 2011, 09:13 PM
If I could, I would. Seems I can't, I won't.

If I did come, all I'd want is for some one to wash my truck and give me an endless supply of drinkies, while I watch them wash my truck.

Not a big ask, is it? Sorry for the hyjack, but you did prompt a pathetic answer. lol

hekarewe
25th September 2011, 04:10 PM
will be picking up my sliders from bolsys this week after speeking to him this morning woo hoo will be ordering the lokkka over the weekend double woo woo hoo hoo

it is done lokka's ordered for the front of hekarewes green machine may her awsumness grow lol looking forward to the working bee woot woot

Ben-e-boy
25th September 2011, 05:11 PM
sweet now all you need is 7 inchs of lift and 38inch tyres then the green machine will have super dooper awsumness lmao

Bigrig
25th September 2011, 05:31 PM
sweet now all you need is 7 inchs of lift and 38inch tyres then the green machine will have super dooper awsumness lmao

Now there's a build thread I'll watch with excitement!!!! lmao

Ben-e-boy
25th September 2011, 05:55 PM
Now there's a build thread I'll watch with excitement!!!! lmao

yeah I coulda said 4 inch and 35s but thats been done to death lol

Bigrig
25th September 2011, 06:02 PM
yeah I coulda said 4 inch and 35s but thats been done to death lol

Hahaha ... very good fella, very good!!

scotty83
25th September 2011, 06:03 PM

if your in QLD, are you calling this a comp truck!!!

Ben-e-boy
25th September 2011, 06:17 PM
if your in QLD, are you calling this a comp truck!!!

nah mate purely road driven

Ben-e-boy
25th September 2011, 06:18 PM
I think its great the we have sorted out hekarewe s build and he dosnt even know about it

Bigrig
25th September 2011, 06:25 PM
I think its great the we have sorted out hekarewe s build and he dosnt even know about it

Hahaha ... well, someone's gotta get him moving in the right direction!!! May as well be you!!! lmao

Ben-e-boy
25th September 2011, 07:25 PM
well if wasnt me it would be some other bozo

Bigrig
25th September 2011, 07:57 PM
well if wasnt me it would be some other bozo

You calling me a bozo??!!! lmfao!!!

hekarewe
25th September 2011, 07:59 PM

if ben e boy does not i will what the hell ya bozo LOL

hekarewe
25th September 2011, 08:02 PM

almost as much awsumness as its driver LOL

Bigrig
25th September 2011, 08:02 PM
if ben e boy does not i will what the hell ya bozo LOL

Ha bloody ha big boy!!! Get cracking on that 7" lift and then call me what you will!!!! lmao

hekarewe
25th September 2011, 08:04 PM

i do now bud so will be keeping a very close eye on you around my prcious LOL

hekarewe
25th September 2011, 08:06 PM
Ha bloody ha big boy!!! Get cracking on that 7" lift and then call me what you will!!!! lmao

10% car ability 90%driver ability the defence rests your homer :)

Bigrig
25th September 2011, 08:07 PM
10% car ability 90%driver ability the defence rests your homer :)

I've seen the 10%, but what about the rest???!! lmao

hekarewe
25th September 2011, 08:08 PM
I've seen the 10%, but what about the rest???!! lmao

you blinked and missed it!!!

Bigrig
25th September 2011, 08:17 PM
you blinked and missed it!!!

Haha ... obviously wasn't hard to miss it!!!!

hekarewe
25th September 2011, 08:19 PM
Haha ... obviously wasn't hard to miss it!!!!

just too good and too fast,,, you snooze or blink you miss out,,,, next time i will go slower so you catch it :)

hekarewe
25th September 2011, 08:26 PM
on a serieus note al thats left is for me to aquire a set of manual locking hubs now leaning to ward AVM's as they proved fantastic on the old paj (yes i know scotty i mentioned that word agian lol)

Ben-e-boy
25th September 2011, 08:29 PM
avm dont warrent diff with lockers just so you know
thats why i suggest these its a hub reinforcing ring

http://www.offroadboss.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/mini-IMG_0082.jpg

hekarewe
25th September 2011, 08:31 PM

please explain????/ teach me Obi wan???

Ben-e-boy
25th September 2011, 08:35 PM

Long story short ............................. yes hahahahahahahha

Bigrig
25th September 2011, 08:35 PM
thats why i suggest these its a hub reinforcing ring

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/

X2 - they'll die a death pretty quick under the load you put on the right boot ... walk up the side of Camp Road at Landcruiser and you'll see a beautiful endorsement of AVM hubs - heaps of them shattered beside the track!!

Ben-e-boy
25th September 2011, 08:37 PM
i do now bud so will be keeping a very close eye on you around my prcious LOL

I'd watch ouT coz the minute you look away BAM Big lift big tyres

Ben-e-boy
25th September 2011, 08:39 PM
with this hub reinforcement ring give me a few days and i'll see if you can get a discount. scotty it will be the same place as the coil retainers

hekarewe
25th September 2011, 08:46 PM
X2 - they'll die a death pretty quick under the load you put on the right boot ... walk up the side of Camp Road at Landcruiser and you'll see a beautiful endorsement of AVM hubs - heaps of them shattered beside the track!!

reason i was looking at manual locking hubs is because i have been warned that with the auto lokka in the front and auto hubs theres a risk that they may still lock in 2wd around town got that tit bit from Bruce(i think) from torqe 4x4

on the flip side it would be easier to replay AVM then replace CV's yes/no ????

Ben-e-boy
25th September 2011, 08:53 PM
reason i was looking at manual locking hubs is because i have been warned that with the auto lokka in the front and auto hubs theres a risk that they may still lock in 2wd around town got that tit bit from Bruce(i think) from torqe 4x4

on the flip side it would be easier to replay AVM then replace CV's yes/no ????

yes you dont even need to take the wheel off.... BUT you cant garentee that the hub will break chromoly cv will help make the hubs the weak point that reinforcing ring is only to stop the hub housing from shattering.. my advice id go genuine

NissanGQ4.2
25th September 2011, 09:05 PM
When: 3 weeks ago
What: RE403A Gearbox rebuild
Where: Pub somewhere in Sydney

Working bee, working on a gearbox that is in 100 billion parts, just need 2 know where 99.9 billion parts go, everyone is welcome, know knowledge needed.

This is a Sydney working bee isn't it???

hekarewe
25th September 2011, 09:08 PM
yes you dont even need to take the wheel off.... BUT you cant garentee that the hub will break chromoly cv will help make the hubs the weak point that reinforcing ring is only to stop the hub housing from shattering.. my advice id go genuine

i take it you mean genuine locking hub yes

Ben-e-boy
25th September 2011, 09:16 PM
i take it you mean genuine locking hub yes

yeah go to th wreckers and get some

hekarewe
25th September 2011, 09:24 PM
right one around the corner from work will have a look after work during the week do have to same model or are they one model fits all (sorry about all the questions ben)

Bigrig
25th September 2011, 09:30 PM

X2 - Tony gave me the same advice and I swapped the auto hubs for genuine Nissan - fair enough, I flog my rig more than others, but still, I take comfort in knowing the whole thing is strong rather than simply waiting for the hubs to fault due to being the "weak point" ... I'd rather none of them break at all ... that my furry friend is 'generally' up to the driver (remember that 90% driver comment someone made??!!! lmao).

Bigrig
25th September 2011, 09:34 PM
right one around the corner from work will have a look after work during the week do have to same model or are they one model fits all (sorry about all the questions ben)

One size fits all - may have to change the locking nut and circlip, but manual hubs for GQ and GU ate the same I believe ...

Anyone? Happy to be wrong on this one and would like confirmation either way.

NissanGQ4.2
25th September 2011, 09:35 PM
No knockin the auto locking hubs Scottie, nothing wrong with them, treat them with respect and they will love u back!!!

hekarewe
25th September 2011, 09:37 PM
X2 - Tony gave me the same advice and I swapped the auto hubs for genuine Nissan - fair enough, I flog my rig more than others, but still, I take comfort in knowing the whole thing is strong rather than simply waiting for the hubs to fault due to being the "weak point" ... I'd rather none of them break at all ... that my furry friend is 'generally' up to the driver (remember that 90% driver comment someone made??!!! lmao).

that last bit was really like a brick of the roof LMAO now i am still doing my patrol owns apprenticship so still learning so back to the question on the hubs are they interchangable ie gq to gu etc etc,,,,,

and yes the 90% let me down last weekend which is why i will enlisting those paintless dent removal guys some time soon lol

Bigrig
25th September 2011, 09:41 PM
No knockin the auto locking hubs Scottie, nothing wrong with them, treat them with respect and they will love u back!!!

That's the problem - I and a lot of others don't - and under stress, they will fail you at some stage (don't forget also, your auto hubs are essentially unlocked in reverse!). Manuals are the way to go for any form of semi extreme work mate - I used to manually lock my autos in with the tyre iron for this very reason even before I swapped them out for manuals.

Bigrig
25th September 2011, 09:42 PM
so back to the question on the hubs are they interchangable ie gq to gu etc etclol

I believe so, but as said, may have to change circlips etc which I'd like confirmation on from others.

frenzy
25th September 2011, 09:46 PM
I'm constantly worried my auto hubs will fail.... Guys at the Patrol club have all told me to get rid of them and get manuals.

Bigrig
25th September 2011, 09:51 PM
I'm constantly worried my auto hubs will fail.... Guys at the Patrol club have all told me to get rid of them and get manuals.

Auto hubs are great for beach work and lighter off road, and I was a convert after I had them in this one for the first time, however, mine failed me the minute I started getting into the heavier workloads and unfortunately that was in the middle of the day in the middle of Beerburrum state forest!! They were clicking so bad, I didn't even try to manually lock them in and had to get out of the forest (about 4klms of reasonably rutted tracks where we were) in 2WD!!!

hekarewe
25th September 2011, 09:53 PM
I believe so, but as said, may have to change circlips etc which I'd like confirmation on from others.

waiting with baited breath lol will be doing more investigating during the week myself will post up what i find out

Bigrig
25th September 2011, 09:54 PM
waiting with baited breath lol will be doing more investigating during the week myself will post up what i find out

Not sure where Tony is at, but he'd know for sure.

NissanGQ4.2
25th September 2011, 10:01 PM
That's the problem - I and a lot of others don't - and under stress, they will fail you at some stage (don't forget also, your auto hubs are essentially unlocked in reverse!). Manuals are the way to go for any form of semi extreme work mate - I used to manually lock my autos in with the tyre iron for this very reason even before I swapped them out for manuals.

yes they will unlock in reverse in the auto position...that's how they were designed 2 work, but getting out and locking them in with the Tyre iron is no different 2 getting out and locking in manuals, if your doing any sort of extreme work they should be locked in manually. Under stress everything will fail eventually, still have yet 2 see real proof that manual hubs are better than auto's.......and yes my auto mechanism has been taken out recently, but like the rest of my 4b, they were abused and abused :)

Bigrig
25th September 2011, 10:05 PM
yes they will unlock in reverse in the auto position...that's how they were designed 2 work, but getting out and locking them in with the Tyre iron is no different 2 getting out and locking in manuals, if your doing any sort of extreme work they should be locked in manually. Under stress everything will fail eventually, still have yet 2 see real proof that manual hubs are better than auto's.......and yes my auto mechanism has been taken out recently, but like the rest of my 4b, they were abused and abused :)

I hear you mate, but after about the third time of getting in and out with a tyre iron you develop a very quick appreciation of the ones that can be done by hand!!

hekarewe
25th September 2011, 10:06 PM
Not sure where Tony is at, but he'd know for sure.

might drop ynot a pm with question see whqt comes back

NissanGQ4.2
25th September 2011, 10:15 PM
I hear you mate, but after about the third time of getting in and out with a tyre iron you develop a very quick appreciation of the ones that can be done by hand!!, yeh.... but why didn't u just get out once and lock them in like u would do manual hubs......no real difference between auto and manual hubs ( tyre iron / hand same thing still have 2 get out ), auto's on the other hand u have the luxury of not getting out of the 4b when you know there is know reversing involved :)

Yendor
25th September 2011, 10:27 PM
So what you's guy are saying is that with auto locking hubs (in auto mode) you only have 2wd in reverse?

Bigrig
25th September 2011, 10:28 PM
, yeh.... but why didn't u just get out once and lock them in like u would do manual hubs......no real difference between auto and manual hubs ( tyre iron / hand same thing still have 2 get out ), auto's on the other hand u have the luxury of not getting out of the 4b when you know there is know reversing involved :)

So where do you keep your tyre iron whilst you're 4wd'ing??? My fingers however are usually really handy!! lmao

Bigrig
25th September 2011, 10:30 PM
So what you's guy are saying is that with auto locking hubs (in auto mode) you only have 2wd in reverse?

They disengage in reverse mate - not sure if they stay off as such, but definitely disengage ... not something you want to happen on a soft 45 degree slope ...

Yendor
25th September 2011, 10:36 PM
They disengage in reverse mate - not sure if they stay off as such, but definitely disengage ... not something you want to happen on a soft 45 degree slope ...

I thought they stayed engaged in reverse until you drove forward again?

Is this not correct?

hekarewe
25th September 2011, 10:37 PM

not a 100% sure on how the nissan ones work but with the old mitsi ones they worked in centrificul fashion. engage 4wd drive forward and they would lock to disengage you select 2wd and revers for a bit hubs would disengage. down side was that in 4wd if you got in a tight situation and had to back up for a better line,,, the hubs would disengage leving you stuck and very embarrest esp if you could not drive forward farenough to reengage them LOL ergo i threw AVM hubson the old paj problem solved

Bigrig
25th September 2011, 10:40 PM
I thought they stayed engaged in reverse until you drove forward again?

Is this not correct?

They disengage on reverse ... it's the way you get them to disengage when you go back into 2wd and the hubs don't unlock - you roll backwards to get them to release.

Bigrig
25th September 2011, 10:41 PM
not a 100% sure on how the nissan ones work but with the old mitsi ones they worked in centrificul fashion. engage 4wd drive forward and they would lock to disengage you select 2wd and revers for a bit hubs would disengage. down side was that in 4wd if you got in a tight situation and had to back up for a better line,,, the hubs would disengage leving you stuck and very embarrest esp if you could not drive forward farenough to reengage them LOL ergo i threw AVM hubson the old paj problem solved

Same as the Nissans

hekarewe
25th September 2011, 10:44 PM
Same as the Nissans

right defenatly got to get rid of the autos then!!!! i thought they might just wasnt sure thank big rig

Yendor
25th September 2011, 10:48 PM
They disengage on reverse ... it's the way you get them to disengage when you go back into 2wd and the hubs don't unlock - you roll backwards to get them to release.

Yes, but what happens when you go backwards with 4wd selected.

Do the auto hubs lock in, so you are in 4wd in reverse?

Yendor
25th September 2011, 10:49 PM

That make sense.

I can see where that could be a problem.

hekarewe
25th September 2011, 10:56 PM
Yes, but what happens when you go backwards with 4wd selected.

Do the auto hubs lock in, so you are in 4wd in reverse?

in 4wd they will lock if you go far enough in revers they normally unlock then relock in revers and vis versa. thats where i used to get in trouble with the old paj

Yendor
25th September 2011, 10:57 PM

I'm keen on these as well.

I will be able to check them out on your rig.

hekarewe
25th September 2011, 11:00 PM
I'm keen on these as well.

I will be able to check them out on your rig.

i got onto these through the 4wd club i was in in sydney they did a bulk order through bolsys for about 6 or 7 sets he actually delivered them himself to sydney and they are a hard playing group and as yet have not bent any of them,,,, but your more then welcome to take a lookat them.

Yendor
25th September 2011, 11:05 PM
Thanks mate,

From what I have read, Steve (04Off) is very happy with his as well.

hekarewe
25th September 2011, 11:15 PM
Thanks mate,

From what I have read, Steve (04Off) is very happy with his as well.

did he get his from bolsys as well???? if he did he gave them a woek out the last trip up to the glass mountians the other week and they work well for him

Yendor
25th September 2011, 11:20 PM
I think he did???

Last I heard that was where he was getting them from.

frenzy
25th September 2011, 11:31 PM
Geez, those bolsys bars look great.

hekarewe
25th September 2011, 11:35 PM
bolsys do the side bars rear bars tube bars for the front they all kinda bars lol

frenzy
25th September 2011, 11:42 PM
bolsys do the side bars rear bars tube bars for the front they all kinda bars lol

Yeah, I was just browsing their website. I would like to order front bars, sliders and rear bar but would probably wake up dead the day after my wife saw the bank balance! LOL!!!

hekarewe
26th September 2011, 06:16 PM
i am keen on their rear bar did ask for a quote on it but have not heard from him yet looks the goods and has to be better then the standard bar on the back of the trolls had a look at the other rear bars on the market and they are just so friggin expensive.

Bigrig
26th September 2011, 08:01 PM
i am keen on their rear bar did ask for a quote on it but have not heard from him yet looks the goods and has to be better then the standard bar on the back of the trolls had a look at the other rear bars on the market and they are just so friggin expensive.

Build your own! Not as 'pretty' but heaps cheaper and more satisfying.

beansathome
26th September 2011, 08:08 PM

im really thinking about making my own rear bar and sliders i might invest in a cheep bender from supper cheep or something and give it a go. i have no problem wih welding and grinding i recon i couuld make them look prety.

do u know anywhere to get some cheep steel from? im going to get some prices round brisbane in the next few weeks.

hekarewe
26th September 2011, 08:08 PM

now how do i put this for you,,,,,,, my father could a steaming turd and with his bear hands turn it into diamonds and pearls,,,,,, as can my brother,,,,, i how ever missed that end of gene pool and was for that part my fahters biggest disappointment LOL

Bigrig
26th September 2011, 08:19 PM
im really thinking about making my own rear bar and sliders i might invest in a cheep bender from supper cheep or something and give it a go. i have no problem wih welding and grinding i recon i couuld make them look prety.

do u know anywhere to get some cheep steel from? im going to get some prices round brisbane in the next few weeks.

I went to Brisbane Steel Supplies on Capalaba and their prices seemed fine. My rear bar isn't that pretty as such, but strong as and only cost $155 total (steel, bolts, disks, paint, the lot).

Bigrig
26th September 2011, 08:20 PM
now how do i put this for you,,,,,,, my father could a steaming turd and with his bear hands turn it into diamonds and pearls,,,,,, as can my brother,,,,, i how ever missed that end of gene pool and was for that part my fahters biggest disappointment LOL

You sure that's the only reason??!! lmao

hekarewe
26th September 2011, 08:40 PM
You sure that's the only reason??!! lmao

hahahahha YES!!!!!

macca86
26th September 2011, 09:09 PM
If you need steel ordered tell me how much and what size and I'll get a trade quote for you and compare to your retail price for all plate plate and round bar and pipe I may even get stainless through a mate too

beansathome
26th September 2011, 09:48 PM
If you need steel ordered tell me how much and what size and I'll get a trade quote for you and compare to your retail price for all plate plate and round bar and pipe I may even get stainless through a mate too

i think stainless is a waist of money when compared to the price in steel. but i am interested in some steel pipe ill do some mesureing when i remember to when the sunn is out lol.

ill send u a pm

macca86
26th September 2011, 09:57 PM
i think stainless is a waist of money when compared to the price in steel. but i am interested in some steel pipe ill do some mesureing when i remember to when the sunn is out lol.

ill send u a pm

stainless roof racks or ladder racks are great but when I make them for mates I normally use mild stell and hot dip them for looks and rust proofing.

beansathome
26th September 2011, 10:37 PM
stainless roof racks or ladder racks are great but when I make them for mates I normally use mild stell and hot dip them for looks and rust proofing.

i rather mild steel as it can be welded buy a ark welder easily

Ben-e-boy
28th September 2011, 06:34 PM

Mate its all well and good getting a cheap bender I have wanted to go down this road before. whats going to hurt is the price of the dies. and there is a knack to bending..I think (happy to be corrected) that you loose the diameter of tube thats being bent in length per bend I know that with flat bar and plate that you loose the thickness of material per bend

What would be better I think would be to pitch in and hire a bender with dies and bend up everyones tube, at once

Its also a good excuse to have another working bee/bbq/pissup

macca86
28th September 2011, 06:38 PM
Mate its all well and good getting a cheap bender I have wanted to go down this road before. whats going to hurt is the price of the dies. and there is a knack to bending..I think (happy to be corrected) that you loose the diameter of tube thats being bent in length per bend I know that with flat bar and plate that you loose the thickness of material per bend

What would be better I think would be to pitch in and hire a bender with dies and bend up everyones tube, at once

Its also a good excuse to have another working bee/bbq/pissup

You have to work to the mean of all your bends and plus or minus for your length

hekarewe
28th September 2011, 06:41 PM
looks like my plans for the working bee might be coming apart at the seams,,,, sliders arewnt ready yet and 2 to 3 weeks fore the delivery of the lokka,,,,, not friggin happy jan!!!

:1087::1087::SNruQWn369624407::SNruQWn369624407:

macca86
28th September 2011, 06:48 PM
here's an example

Ben-e-boy
28th September 2011, 07:26 PM
You have to work to the mean of all your bends and plus or minus for your length

so if that is the case if i do 2 90 degree bends it would be 90/2= 45mm + or-

Ben-e-boy
28th September 2011, 07:30 PM
here's an example

I replied before I saw this

I understand now

macca86
28th September 2011, 07:32 PM
so if that is the case if i do 2 90 degree bends it would be 90/2= 45mm + or-

check the pdf I posted for a diagram so the long middle piece in between the 2 bends will be minus the width of the section you are using and the two bit off the 90 degree bends would be minus half the thickness of the section used. I'd allow 10 to 20 mm green on the leg lengths off the 2 90degree bends and cut back to suit.
hope this helps

macca86
28th September 2011, 07:36 PM
you can cheat too. you can buy pre bent elbows and just square cut everything and weld together but bending may be cheaper if you have a bender

GUtsy ute
28th September 2011, 07:38 PM
[QUOTE=beansathome;146055]im really thinking about making my own rear bar and sliders i might invest in a cheep bender from supper cheep or something and give it a go. i have no problem wih welding and grinding i recon i couuld make them look prety.

Don't bother buying a cheap pipe bender, the dies don't work with the chinese pipe you are sold these days.
I have got one with reasonable dies I bought quite a few years ago you can use at the working bee
if you like.
It still doesn't do a nice bend on the pipe you get these days, it almost has to be mandrel bend to get a
nice radius.
Someone mentioned the price of dies that work and for a one off item not worth it. IMHO.

Ben-e-boy
28th September 2011, 07:41 PM
Yeah I get it cheers.

Hopefully for the next few weeks i'll be covering shift at a mill that runs quite smoothly and not many breakdowns so I can have some time to practice on the press and benders

Ben-e-boy
28th September 2011, 07:43 PM
[QUOTE=beansathome;146055]im really thinking about making my own rear bar and sliders i might invest in a cheep bender from supper cheep or something and give it a go. i have no problem wih welding and grinding i recon i couuld make them look prety.

Don't bother buying a cheap pipe bender, the dies don't work with the chinese pipe you are sold these days.
I have got one with reasonable dies I bought quite a few years ago you can use at the working bee
if you like.
It still doesn't do a nice bend on the pipe you get these days, it almost has to be mandrel bend to get a
nice radius.
Someone mentioned the price of dies that work and for a one off item not worth it. IMHO.

Yeah that was me. I priced some dies and nearly fell over when I saw the price. I could of bought a few benders for the price

beansathome
28th September 2011, 09:49 PM

if you like.
nice radius.

im not to fussed on the perfact looking bend all i want be stronger then the standard side step . i hope i can make it to the working bee all i want to do is get the bends in it not build them i can do that part at home
but i think this should be a seprate day as this does sound like a big job if to many people want to get on the pipe bender

Bigrig
28th September 2011, 10:13 PM
[QUOTE=GUtsy ute;146814]

im not to fussed on the perfact looking bend all i want be stronger then the standard side step . i hope i can make it to the working bee all i want to do is get the bends in it not build them i can do that part at home
but i think this should be a seprate day as this does sound like a big job if to many people want to get on the pipe bender

Separate day sounds the go, as I want to re-do my back bar now also, so it looks like between us all, we have a good days bending and welding.

Ben-e-boy
29th September 2011, 04:52 PM
[QUOTE=beansathome;146890]

Separate day sounds the go, as I want to re-do my back bar now also, so it looks like between us all, we have a good days bending and welding.

dont forget the 10mm roud bar and I havnt sorted the coil retainers yet. I have an rdo tomorrow so i should be able to sort something

Finly Owner
29th September 2011, 08:45 PM
If you want real tight nice bends, get a pipe bender with roller dias'. As the pipe rolls ins tead of under going friction v force through slide dia.

Tim

Warnie
1st October 2011, 10:12 AM
Has anyone got a harmonic balancer puller that they could bring to the working bee. Need it to do my crank shaft seal. Thanks in advance

Dhuck
1st October 2011, 03:44 PM
Has anyone got a harmonic balancer puller that they could bring to the working bee. Need it to do my crank shaft seal. Thanks in advance

yep I have but don't know if I have the bolts for a Nissan balancer

Ben-e-boy
2nd October 2011, 02:15 PM
What time is this thing getting underway on saturday????

Bigrig
2nd October 2011, 02:19 PM
What time is this thing getting underway on saturday????

9am - I'll be there about half eight though.

04OFF
3rd October 2011, 11:49 AM
So anyone care to re-cap on exactly whats happanin, save sifting through the whole thread ?

Whats getting done to whos car, whos doin what, where and when exactly ?? :smile:

Ben-e-boy
3rd October 2011, 12:27 PM
Me power steering cooler, about 1-1.5 hours scotty still Helping???
I might still be knocking up some drop out cones for scott.
Dhuck maybe fixing front wheel
warnie Front main seal??

Bigrig
3rd October 2011, 08:41 PM
This is what I'll be fitting on the weekend!! My latest additions from the Harris Hardcase collection!! They look awesome.

Mal is expanding his range and has mocked up a front bash plate - had to get the new Hardcase also to match the colour (trying to sorta kinda marry in with the blue filters on the spotties).

Can't wait to fit em!!! Very heavy duty gear!!!

You're a star Mal ...

hekarewe
3rd October 2011, 08:52 PM
This is what I'll be fitting on the weekend!! My latest additions from the Harris Hardcase collection!! They look awesome.

Mal is expanding his range and has mocked up a front bash plate - had to get the new Hardcase also to match the colour (trying to sorta kinda marry in with the blue filters on the spotties).

Can't wait to fit em!!! Very heavy duty gear!!!

You're a star Mal ...

be looking forward to seeing the bash plate could be very interested in how it looks and how strong it is.

Bigrig
3rd October 2011, 09:16 PM
be looking forward to seeing the bash plate could be very interested in how it looks and how strong it is.

Looked great even before powder coating, an is super strong without a doubt - made to bend if required though but I'll take you through that on Saturday.

macca86
4th October 2011, 02:08 PM
I'm having to pull out of the maintenance day guys have to move house this weekend or get another 6 month lease. I'll swing by at 9am with my welding tafe books for those who want to borrow them. Just theory behind it and to improve skills. there will be mig tig and stick books there.

Bigrig
4th October 2011, 02:55 PM
I'm having to pull out of the maintenance day guys have to move house this weekend or get another 6 month lease. I'll swing by at 9am with my welding tafe books for those who want to borrow them. Just theory behind it and to improve skills. there will be mig tig and stick books there.

No good, but understood mate. Good luck with the move!

beansathome
4th October 2011, 04:18 PM
i wont be able to get there either the misses had to swap her days off around so we can have sunday to pack for our trip on monday. way to hard looking after a todler in a workshop lol
hope it all goes well. should organise a working bee on the north side of brissy nex time :D (maybe a rock slider build day )

Bigrig
4th October 2011, 04:50 PM
Bummer fella ... yep, we'll definitely mix up the locations ongoing to suit etc.

Sir Roofy
4th October 2011, 07:02 PM
looked great even before powder coating, an is super strong without a doubt - made to bend if required though but i'll take you through that on saturday.

has mal made these to fit the g.u,s as well? Looks a strong bash plate

patch697
4th October 2011, 07:07 PM
Less talking & more working........

I wonna see the pics Bigus........ I what........ to see........ the pics.......... hahahahahaha

Bigrig
4th October 2011, 07:26 PM
has mal made these to fit the g.u,s as well? Looks a strong bash plate

He is - not sure if he's finished them, but they are definitely on his list. They're bloody awesome mate (not being paid to say it either!!! lol). Super strong, look a dead set treat, and are like nothing else I've seen to date ...

Bigrig
4th October 2011, 07:27 PM

I wonna see the pics Bigus........ I what........ to see........ the pics.......... hahahahahaha

I'm on it brother!!!! So let it be written ... so let it be done!!!!

Sir Roofy
4th October 2011, 07:29 PM
he is - not sure if he's finished them, but they are definitely on his list. They're bloody awesome mate (not being paid to say it either!!! Lol). Super strong, look a dead set treat, and are like nothing else i've seen to date ...

goodo then will be waching out for it then
got the helmet for the diff very impressed with the workman ship

Yendor
4th October 2011, 07:30 PM

This may well be left up to me (seems no one has anything electrical)

That is unless one of the Steves turn up!!!!,,,,,,, I may be left to opening the beers,.....I hope they are the twist type......lol

Bigrig
4th October 2011, 07:55 PM

That is unless one of the Steves turn up!!!!,,,,,,, I may be left to opening the beers,.....I hope they are the twist type......lol

I want some electrical done, but was waiting to see what others had they may take priority - so trust me, I can keep you busy!!! lol

Yendor
4th October 2011, 07:59 PM
I want some electrical done, but was waiting to see what others had they may take priority - so trust me, I can keep you busy!!! lol

So is Tank showing up????? or is he still stuck in the trenches........so to speak!!!!!

frenzy
4th October 2011, 08:16 PM

Yeeessssssss? You rang? I'll be there. Wanna do some oil and grease changes and just generally hang out.....:cheers:

Yendor
4th October 2011, 08:33 PM
Yeeessssssss? You rang? I'll be there. Wanna do some oil and grease changes and just generally hang out.....:cheers:

Looks like I'm on beer duty.....unless Tank can make it????

Dhuck
4th October 2011, 09:35 PM
I have some tidying on the Pigtrol Rodney. But not real worried what happens to my truck. I was going just to be social more than anything

Yendor
4th October 2011, 10:12 PM
I have some tidying on the Pigtrol Rodney. But not real worried what happens to my truck. I was going just to be social more than anything

I'm the same, more then happy to help if needed, but also happy to just socialise.

Bigrig
4th October 2011, 11:31 PM
So is Tank showing up????? or is he still stuck in the trenches........so to speak!!!!!

Stuck in the trenches at the moment mate ... fingers crossed!!!

scotty83
5th October 2011, 07:05 PM
i have bough my provent catch can , just wondering what else i need to install it this weekend??

EG. hose, reducers etc??

Bigrig
5th October 2011, 08:42 PM
i have bough my provent catch can , just wondering what else i need to install it this weekend??

EG. hose, reducers etc??

Can someone lend a hand on this one - I don't know the answer, but would be good to sort it for Scotty so we can do it on Saturday.

Finly Owner
5th October 2011, 09:13 PM
Any use me turning up after 1pm?

Tim

frenzy
6th October 2011, 06:43 PM
Can someone lend a hand on this one - I don't know the answer, but would be good to sort it for Scotty so we can do it on Saturday.

Doesn't the Nissan Patrol Reference Doc include this in detail?
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?89-Nissan-Patrol-Reference-Document.

frenzy
6th October 2011, 06:44 PM

Tim

Why not? At least to socialize..... There should be some stuff to do. See ya there!

scotty83
6th October 2011, 07:12 PM
all good Bigrig and Frenzy found what i need on the Western Filter Website.

frenzy
6th October 2011, 07:36 PM
Righto then. See you there mate.

Bigrig
6th October 2011, 07:44 PM

Tim

Yep ... simple as that really! lol

scotty83
6th October 2011, 09:19 PM
bigrig might be worth you putting the important info for saturday in the first post as an update..

Bigrig
6th October 2011, 09:35 PM
bigrig might be worth you putting the important info for saturday in the first post as an update..

Good idea boss - was going to have a 'toolbox meeting' at the start of the day anyway to go over the process as some of the attendees don't get on here often.

frenzy
6th October 2011, 09:44 PM
Good idea boss - was going to have a 'toolbox meeting' at the start of the day anyway to go over the process as some of the attendees don't get on here often.

hardhats, safety boots, safety glasses and long sleeves gents!

scotty83
6th October 2011, 09:53 PM
hardhats, safety boots, safety glasses and long sleeves gents!

stuff like this maybe important if true. also BYO tools or not??

frenzy
6th October 2011, 09:59 PM

True. Whats been organised with Mal (old mate)?

Bigrig
6th October 2011, 11:16 PM

There'll be plenty of tools on hand but good to being your own - long pants, steel caps are good ideas ... not so sure on the hardhat though??!! lmao

Bigrig
6th October 2011, 11:17 PM
True. Whats been organised with Mal (old mate)?

Dave is "old mate" ... he and Murray own/run the joint ... they'll have tools etc, but would like to ensure everyone uses mostly the forum members gear to make sure nothing goes missing etc.

Ben-e-boy
7th October 2011, 01:10 AM
I'm only bringing the basic hand tools which will do most jobs on a patrol.

Peacemaker
7th October 2011, 08:24 AM
I'm only bringing the basic hand tools which will do most jobs on a patrol.

What zip ties and a lighter! If ya can't zip tie it...... Burn it.

Bigrig
7th October 2011, 08:43 AM
What zip ties and a lighter! If ya can't zip tie it...... Burn it.

You know my toolkit ... sikaflex and a hammer ... if it can't be fixed with either, it just can't be fixed!!! lol

Bigrig
7th October 2011, 09:29 AM

Done - first post edited.

Ben-e-boy
7th October 2011, 10:34 AM
You know my toolkit ... sikaflex and a hammer ... if it can't be fixed with either, it just can't be fixed!!! lol

INCORRECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if it cant be fixed with either of them its an electrical fault

Ben-e-boy
7th October 2011, 10:48 AM
is any one bringing scrap steel for those who want to practice welding?? I have a little bit but not much not enough to give someone a lesson with

Bigrig
7th October 2011, 11:54 AM
is any one bringing scrap steel for those who want to practice welding?? I have a little bit but not much not enough to give someone a lesson with

Yes sir ... I'll bring some flat steel, mild steel angle etc (all 6mm, so will do the trick).

Bigrig
7th October 2011, 11:55 AM
INCORRECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if it cant be fixed with either of them its an electrical fault

Haha ... forgot that 'addition' boss!!!! lmao

Peacemaker
7th October 2011, 11:55 AM

yeah im bringing my GQ lmao

Peacemaker
7th October 2011, 11:58 AM
i should bring some of that plate i have out back....... its only Hardox 500

Bigrig
7th October 2011, 12:46 PM
yeah im bringing my GQ lmao

Happy to reintroduce that ban mate!!! Don't be on here with your Patrol ownership whilst still proclaiming your love of Toy Motor's ... go join their forum and enjoy yourself bagging Patrols over there ... not here ...

Have I made myself clear?? I personally thought you'd want to bring a Toyota that can't even make it through a little ditch without breaking a CV, than the Patrol which carries all the payload when you go away!!! lol

F'ing clown!!!! We know deep down your just trying to adjust!! But it's ok brother - let it go!!!! lmfao!!!

patch697
7th October 2011, 01:08 PM
Happy to reintroduce that ban mate!!! Don't be on here with your Patrol ownership whilst still proclaiming your love of Toy Motor's ... go join their forum and enjoy yourself bagging Patrols over there ... not here ...

Have I made myself clear?? I personally thought you'd want to bring a Toyota that can't even make it through a little ditch without breaking a CV, than the Patrol which carries all the payload when you go away!!! lol

F'ing clown!!!! We know deep down your just trying to adjust!! But it's ok brother - let it go!!!! lmfao!!!

& to think Bigus, you stack your neck out for this bloke??? begged & pleaded with me to give him go????? Even vouched for him & stuck your own reputation on it?????

Bet your sorry now........................hahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahaha

Bigrig
7th October 2011, 01:30 PM
& to think Bigus, you stack your neck out for this bloke??? begged & pleaded with me to give him go????? Even vouched for him & stuck your own reputation on it?????

Bet your sorry now........................hahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahaha

I know mate - but as intellectual types, we need to understand and appreciate the psychological "hold" put on people who haven't yet seen the light ... we can help him mate ... get him through this tough time, and show him the 'path to enlightenment'!!!!

Seriously giggling like a f'ing infant now!!!

We love ya Jase!!! Even if no-one else will !!!!! lmao

hekarewe
7th October 2011, 04:34 PM
yeee haw picking up the rock slider this afternoon ready for fittting tomorrow bummer is lokkar has not turned up yet so will have to impose on my forum buddies for some hands on help when they turn up :)

up side is i picked a set of Narva 225 pencile beams this afternoon for $140.00 under RRP @ highway sunvisors rocklea so can fit them tomorrow by the by if anyone has an old work light 12volt that they want to sell and will fit on the back of my roof rack bring it with you and we can talk turky over it in the am see you all in morn:)

Peacemaker
7th October 2011, 06:12 PM

F'ing clown!!!! We know deep down your just trying to adjust!! But it's ok brother - let it go!!!! lmfao!!! I was actually referring to the big fkn hole in the passenger front floor, we could weld it up....... But i think that if you own a type of car you are entitled to bag it, be it a shit box 75 series or an old crappa GO there both cars and like women, always play up at the worse times and cost you everything........I Wouldn't have it any other way.....apparantly? pmsl

Peacemaker
7th October 2011, 06:13 PM

Bet your sorry now........................hahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahaoh and dont worry ill save ya the troubble, this will be my last post....laters.

just joking im only warming up..... GQ patrols are sh!t boxes and i've never spent so much money or time on a car before........... but i still love it....... :smileyvault-cute-bi

Oh Bigrig and Patch ya still a pair of shirt lifters................. lmao

Sir Roofy
7th October 2011, 07:01 PM
[b]12 hours to go hope it all goes well for every body tomorrow hope to see some pics of happy little vegimites
all working happily together

Peacemaker
7th October 2011, 07:05 PM
yeee haw picking up the rock slider this afternoon ready for fittting tomorrow bummer is lokkar has not turned up yet so will have to impose on my forum buddies for some hands on help when they turn up :)

up side is i picked a set of Narva 225 pencile beams this afternoon for $140.00 under RRP @ highway sunvisors rocklea so can fit them tomorrow by the by if anyone has an old work light 12volt that they want to sell and will fit on the back of my roof rack bring it with you and we can talk turky over it in the am see you all in morn:) if ya pay any more than $260 for the narva's ya got ripped, there not a bad light ive got 2 sets but for the money they want there way over priced. Ive got a set of 200 nite stalkers that cost me $100 new and there just as good in lighting than the 225's. As the old saying goes with lights.... its all in the reflector. Ive got a few sets of hella lights ill bring along with me for rear lights.

patch697
7th October 2011, 08:14 PM

& thats when im sober, just wait till I get up there & hit the bourbon Jase..... You very lucky boy you......................hahahahahahahahahahahahau hahahahahahahahah

hekarewe
7th October 2011, 09:29 PM
oh and dont worry ill save ya the troubble, this will be my last post....laters.

just joking im only warming up..... GQ patrols are sh!t boxes and i've never spent so much money or time on a car before........... but i still love it....... :smileyvault-cute-bi

i have to agree with you there since owning a patrol i have spent more in accessories and go gear to make it capable off road then i did on the old pajero over the entire nine years that i had it ROFLMAO and whats worse the old paj would go anywhere the patrols would with less wheel travel and clearance LOL

hekarewe
7th October 2011, 09:32 PM
if ya pay any more than $260 for the narva's ya got ripped, there not a bad light ive got 2 sets but for the money they want there way over priced. Ive got a set of 200 nite stalkers that cost me $100 new and there just as good in lighting than the 225's. As the old saying goes with lights.... its all in the reflector. Ive got a few sets of hella lights ill bring along with me for rear lights.

thx pal way to make me feel good about to days purchase!!!!! LOL

RustyNav09
7th October 2011, 09:47 PM
hey fellas,

not a patrol owner but scotty83 is my bro. i have a 09 d22 so its still a nissan. i'll prob come down and give you blokes a hand tomoz. just to fill in the morning and may head off just after lunch. dont mind getting my hands dirty and pretty good with most things except electrical + i dont mind learning some new stuff. hope you dont mind the extra hand. ill bring some tools and extra gear just incase we need them.

i could prob use an oil change? ive got everything :D. ill stick the gear in car anyway and if it happens it happens if not im not fussed itll give me something to do during the week.

cheers
Rusty

Peacemaker
7th October 2011, 09:58 PM
& thats when im sober, just wait till I get up there & hit the bourbon Jase..... You very lucky boy you......................hahahahahahahahahahahahau hahahahahahahahahIf that's a promise I'll supply the jack. Lol

Bigrig
7th October 2011, 10:02 PM
hey fellas,

not a patrol owner but scotty83 is my bro. i have a 09 d22 so its still a nissan. i'll prob come down and give you blokes a hand tomoz. just to fill in the morning and may head off just after lunch. dont mind getting my hands dirty and pretty good with most things except electrical + i dont mind learning some new stuff. hope you dont mind the extra hand. ill bring some tools and extra gear just incase we need them.

i could prob use an oil change? ive got everything :D. ill stick the gear in car anyway and if it happens it happens if not im not fussed itll give me something to do during the week.

cheers
Rusty

See you there mate!!!

frenzy
7th October 2011, 10:08 PM
If that's a promise I'll supply the jack. Lol

Just gotta find someone called Daniel..... get it?

Yendor
7th October 2011, 10:14 PM
Just gotta find someone called Daniel..... get it?

I think he's at old No.7

Peacemaker
8th October 2011, 08:42 AM
This is a rippa of a storm going through, hope it doesn't chase people away. Ya gotta love working under wet dripping dirty cars.

patch697
8th October 2011, 09:18 AM
This is a rippa of a storm going through, hope it doesn't chase people away. Ya gotta love working under wet dripping dirty cars.

Bigus & Dhuck do.................hhahahahahahahahaha

Random
8th October 2011, 11:57 AM
wish i had of found this earlier, im doing all the bushing the tappet cover gasket brake pads, fuel pump and brake cylinder today, ive just come in from the rain for some food -_-

patch697
8th October 2011, 12:00 PM
wish i had of found this earlier, im doing all the bushing the tappet cover gasket brake pads, fuel pump and brake cylinder today, ive just come in from the rain for some food -_-

Man.... Your days going to be fun.........

This won't be the only one so keep an eye out for the next working bee dates.

macca86
8th October 2011, 03:26 PM
Great day working and catching up. Thanks for the use of the shop torq4x4. can't wait for the next one and get some real work done to her. See you at the springs

Warnie
8th October 2011, 07:05 PM
wasted post

Warnie
8th October 2011, 07:06 PM
Great day, thanks to all the guys ad girls for the help and work given. Great concept and it went off with out a dramas (apart from scotty's hangover this morning). Many thanks to Murray an Dave at Torq4x4 for their letting us use their workshop and giving their expertise. They even made a buck or two, so all in all good for everybody.

To Dhuck, Bigus Rigus, Ben-e-boy and Adam enjoy the wheeling tonight.

frenzy
8th October 2011, 07:07 PM
Hi All,

Another great day with the SE Qld chapter today. There was lots of sharing of tools, knowledge, skills, sausages and beer.

A MASSIVE THANK YOU must go to Murray and Dave from TORQ4X4 (http://www.torq4x4.com.au/) for opening up their workshop for us, putting on a barbie and putting up with us all day.

Thanks also to those that assisted me with work I did on my truck: engine oil and filter, locking hubs regrease, boost gauge sender and brake fluid change.

It was great to hang out, check out everyone's trucks and get some work done all at once.

Cheers,

Steve

04OFF
8th October 2011, 08:58 PM
Big thanks to TORQ4x4, so very generous to offer the use of their workshop.

The day started off raining and miserable...

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/01Large-1.jpg

Plenty of room inside to work out of the weather

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/02Large-1.jpg

4 hoists gave everyone heaps of space...

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/08Large-1.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/06Large-1.jpg

new sliders !

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/04Large-1.jpg

Some cars got to huddle in the rain for a while

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/03Large.jpg

Some custom welding ..

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/09Large-1.jpg

Steve was working hard.........he was offered a hand as he looked "exhausted" (ha-ha)

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/10Large.jpg

And some sort of new pole dance...

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/05Large-1.jpg

Some clown tryin to smoke fumes from the drill press i think ?....

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/07Large-1.jpg

hahahaha !

NissanGQ4.2
8th October 2011, 09:08 PM

had the same here in Sydney 2day, had the joys of laying under the 4b and a stream of water flowing past me and leavin my back soaking wet!

Sir Roofy
8th October 2011, 09:10 PM
big thanks to torq4x4, so very generous to offer the use of their workshop.

The day started off raining and miserable...

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/01large-1.jpg

plenty of room inside to work out of the weather

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/02large-1.jpg

4 hoists gave everyone heaps of space...

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/08large-1.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/06large-1.jpg

new sliders !

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/04large-1.jpg

some cars got to huddle in the rain for a while

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/03large.jpg

some custom welding ..

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/09large-1.jpg

steve was working hard.........he was offered a hand as he looked "exhausted" (ha-ha)

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/10large.jpg

and some sort of new pole dance...

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/05large-1.jpg

some clown tryin to smoke the drill press i think ?....

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/07large-1.jpg

hahahaha !

thanks for the pics mate looks like it went well & another in the wind as well