PDA

View Full Version : traveston state forrest near gympie.

Ben-e-boy
11th September 2011, 07:18 PM
hi all

well what an eventful day today. I thought I would go for a sunday drive to traveston state forrest and explore a little. To start the tracks were steep but easy. I made my way down a valley where there was a big rut I got out to assess and pick my line. I proceeded into the rut when the bank gave way undernieth and I dropped sideways into the rut. It was only just, and in the vid it just looks like I was steering left, the fact of the matter is i was steering right. Anyway this put me in a position I didnt want to be in because my bullbar was digging into the other side. I needed to reverse. so I did and straight away I heard a CRACK!!! knock.knock,knock.... Dammit CV down!!!! and im just moving across the bank deeper into rut the more I revearsed. I was well and truely stuck.
After about an hour and a half of digging and track building and giving the ute a bootful I was stiil stuck, so I called a mate who came to recover me.
We hooked up the winch and all that did was drag him down the hill. luckily he had his brother in his rig with him so we strapped the 2 together and dragged me out.
it didnt end there the hill we came down was too steep to revearse up so we had to go through the rut.
up the next hill turn around, come back through the rut again and head back home this was ok because the huge amount of track building we allowed us to pick a different line and go straight through
I left home a 7.30 this morning and didnt get back until after 2 in the arvo. what makes matters worse I was less than 15 km from home.
hope you enjoy this one
Cheers
Benny

ps
The first vid is me doing the damage, the second and third vid is the damage. there is a couple of pics of me stuck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RqyaLHRCqM

warning I drop the f-bomb in this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyyDKIU2qVc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW2uvWMfquI

Sir Roofy
11th September 2011, 07:41 PM
good one mate next time do a bit of work first good vids and write up mate
keep them comming

Woof
11th September 2011, 08:08 PM
Bummer Benny, glad that you got home OK mate, thanks for the videos and photos.

AB
11th September 2011, 08:37 PM
Shame mate what a disaster!

Good vids though showing us everything...lol..If that helps your day or not!

Ben-e-boy
11th September 2011, 08:54 PM
Cheers guys

When I got the locker put in I found out that things were a bit ordinary in there,cv's, swivel hub bearings etc so it was just a matter of when it was going to go. I just didnt expect to snap the axle lol

for everyone else 48 seconds into the first vid is when it breaks

Ben-e-boy
11th September 2011, 09:00 PM
The thing that sh!t me the most is my drip tray I'm spewin about that lol

Finly Owner
11th September 2011, 09:08 PM
always go bush with a Mate Benny, even when you hav a tough ute like yours.

Glad they got you out though. I bet you go back and try again.............................

Tim

hekarewe
11th September 2011, 10:11 PM
you dont do thinks in halves do you LOL nasty stuff there

Bigrig
11th September 2011, 10:31 PM
What can I say? Funny stuff!!! lmao

Big boys games, big boys bruises old mate, and I know for a fact that you play by those rules ... bummer indeed, but great spot, great effort and great learning experience - wish we were closer so we could nick up to somewhere like this whenever we wanted ..

Good stuff champion and thanks for sharing it!!!!

Ben-e-boy
12th September 2011, 06:33 PM
you dont do thinks in halves do you LOL nasty stuff there

as stated in the video "do it once and do it right" lmfao

Ben-e-boy
12th September 2011, 06:39 PM
What can I say? Funny stuff!!! lmao

Big boys games, big boys bruises old mate, and I know for a fact that you play by those rules ... bummer indeed, but great spot, great effort and great learning experience - wish we were closer so we could nick up to somewhere like this whenever we wanted ..

Good stuff champion and thanks for sharing it!!!!

Dam straight....Why should I spend thousands of $$ on a rig to drive fire trails and dirt roads. sadly though Im unearthing the weak point,. which, my friend you will be too at some stage as our rigs are progressing at a similar rate.

Bigrig
12th September 2011, 10:21 PM
Dam straight....Why should I spend thousands of $$ on a rig to drive fire trails and dirt roads. sadly though Im unearthing the weak point,. which, my friend you will be too at some stage as our rigs are progressing at a similar rate.

I hear ya mate!!! I'm not far off my first CV or other on Tank I would think!! lol