PDA

View Full Version : Leather... Hot or not ?

luxo barge
9th September 2011, 05:35 PM
Looking at getting a ST-L or TI with leather trim. From what I can gather, I got 2 colour choices, black and the lighter grey. There are more black on the market, so do you think black would be much much hotter in summer, or just a tad hotter.
I know from experience vinal is hot no matter what colour.
What about Leather ?

Clunk
9th September 2011, 07:12 PM
I had black leather in me old XTrail, it did get a little warm but not so hot that it would burn your back side or anything, never had an issue with them and nice and easy to keep clean

Maxhead
9th September 2011, 07:15 PM
I had black leather in my Honda and wasn't too bad. Hot but not burning hot. I got the windows tinted, just standard legal tint and it made a big difference

And as said above easy cleaning!

NissanGQ4.2
9th September 2011, 07:26 PM
I didn't have any probs with the grey, think black would only be a tad hotter, Just try and keep it out of direct sunlight.....if you go leather just make sure you keep the leather shampoo / conditioner up 2 it or it will crack.....split and turn 2 crap.........just like mine did :(

Silver
9th September 2011, 07:38 PM
depends who's wearing it. Not hot if it is me :-)

luxo barge
9th September 2011, 07:46 PM
depends who's wearing it. Not hot if it is me :-)

We'll be the judge of that. Your post is pointless without pics.
:toot:

Silver
9th September 2011, 07:49 PM
We'll be the judge of that. Your post is pointless without pis.
:toot:

Are you taking the pis, luxo barge ? :-)

luxo barge
9th September 2011, 07:55 PM
Are you taking the pis, luxo barge ? :-)

You wouldn't be able to afford it.

Silver
9th September 2011, 09:02 PM
You wouldn't be able to afford it.

not sure where you are from luxo barge or whether you are quite as old as me, but 'taking the p1ss' for me means are you stirring/teasing me in a way that makes me look bad, but in a friendly way. In my circles we don't usually charge for this service :-)

And just to make sure, if I caused offence, I apologise, and no, I'm not taking the p1ss. :-)

NissanGQ4.2
9th September 2011, 09:45 PM
what was this thread about???? *L* was it leather or LEATHER ;)???????

luxo barge
10th September 2011, 07:51 AM
not sure where you are from luxo barge or whether you are quite as old as me, but 'taking the p1ss' for me means are you stirring/teasing me in a way that makes me look bad, but in a friendly way. In my circles we don't usually charge for this service :-)

And just to make sure, if I caused offence, I apologise, and no, I'm not taking the p1ss. :-)

LOL... yep taking the p1ss out of ya. I'm sure your comment read "are you taking the pics luxo barge" hence my comment "you couldn't afford it". Pics, pis as you can see the "C" will always get you in trouble.

Dam typos, Dam C's... lol, my bad

Bigrig
10th September 2011, 08:31 AM
If you're anything like me, you'll just throw a set of seat covers over them anyway - one for protection, but primarily as my covers have pockets etc in them for things like the deflators, pressure guage, leatherman, etc ... very handy ... colour makes no difference behind the veil of seat covers ... if the windows are tinted, then I'd say buggar all temp difference between the grey and the black (for the rears especially with the youngun in the back) unless they have direct sunlight shining on them