PDA

View Full Version : 19-20th November - Expressions of Interest

Pages : [1] 2

belzi82
8th September 2011, 10:18 PM
Who would like to see where parts of the Man from Snowy River was filmed?? Well come and explore Mt Stirling and enjoy lunch at CRAIG"S HUT! We will be cooking at King Hut Campground for the weekend.

big_fletch
8th September 2011, 10:19 PM
I love that area so I'm in for sure lol

katwoman
8th September 2011, 10:33 PM
Me, me me !!!!!
But can we get over the Oct meet first ?

belzi82
8th September 2011, 10:38 PM
Me, me me !!!!!
But can we get over the Oct meet first ?

Yeah just getting in early!!!

belzi82
4th October 2011, 07:21 PM
BUMP - Roofy dates for Craig's Hut!

Sir Roofy
4th October 2011, 07:35 PM
bump - roofy dates for craig's hut!

i missed it but alls good mate where in

:cheers:

belzi82
4th October 2011, 10:49 PM
i missed it but alls good mate where in

:cheers:

WOO HOO Party time!!!!

fullbost
8th October 2011, 03:13 PM
im intrested forsure although is it going to be a boys weekend away or more of a family thing?

Sir Roofy
8th October 2011, 05:09 PM
im intrested forsure although is it going to be a boys weekend away or more of a family thing?

bit of both mate bring the family

big_fletch
17th October 2011, 09:28 PM
Bump.......

AB
17th October 2011, 09:31 PM
Ok, I will be in on this too.

About time I got my bum out to meet up again!!!

big_fletch
17th October 2011, 09:37 PM
Ok, I will be in on this too.

About time I got my bum out to meet up again!!!

Good to hear AB, will be good to meet up with a few people for a beer again.. Hopefully can get a few members to this one as well

Rossco
17th October 2011, 10:04 PM
Sounds good, I'm in! I love that area, beuitiful scenery and plenty of river crossings. Plus it will be good to get the truck out and use it now it's going, and meet up again - It's about time.

big_fletch
17th October 2011, 10:20 PM
Sounds good, I'm in! I love that area, beuitiful scenery and plenty of river crossings. Plus it will be good to get the truck out and use it now it's going, and meet up again - It's about time.

Ripper Rossco, good to hear the trucks up and running, cant wait to see it mate.. Should be a ripper meetup, absolutly love high country lol

Rossco
17th October 2011, 10:42 PM
Yeah bloody oath Fletch - the High Country's wicked. Can't wait to get the truck out, it's running awsome - love it!

big_fletch
17th October 2011, 11:30 PM
Awesome Rossco, looking forward to having a cold one with you all :cheers:

belzi82
18th October 2011, 02:43 PM

Last time I checked I wasn't a boy so won't be a boys weekend. All welcome

belzi82
18th October 2011, 02:44 PM
Okay I have worked out the tracks and it should be fun!!

big_fletch
18th October 2011, 07:31 PM
Okay I have worked out the tracks and it should be fun!!

Good to hear Belzi, cant wait !! Which tracks you looking at doing atm?

belzi82
18th October 2011, 07:37 PM
Good to hear Belzi, cant wait !! Which tracks you looking at doing atm?

Circuit Road, Monument Track, Speculation Road, King Basin Road, LIttle Cobbler, Cobbler Lake, Long Spur Track,Stockyard Track just to name a few! What do you think??

big_fletch
18th October 2011, 08:05 PM
Circuit Road, Monument Track, Speculation Road, King Basin Road, LIttle Cobbler, Cobbler Lake, Long Spur Track,Stockyard Track just to name a few! What do you think??

Ripper, sounds like some awesome tracks there belzi.. Clear hills track would also be a good one to the top of Mt Sterling, some awesome views from up there, and back down the Howqua Gap track to the circuit rd.. All the tracks you have listed are all awesome areas, i havent been all the way up to the Cobbler lake so am keen to do that :thumbup:

big_fletch
18th October 2011, 08:07 PM
Any1 else keen to come for a trip up to magic Craigs hut?? Plassy be good time to catch up for a cold one mate lol

Sir Roofy
18th October 2011, 08:23 PM
Wheres plassy time you came along mate glad to hear rossco has his truck going
will be good to catch up
wheres timbo he,s got to be in

glad to see andy comming along as well,you still comming to licola andy?this w/end

belzi82
18th October 2011, 08:24 PM
Ripper, sounds like some awesome tracks there belzi.. Clear hills track would also be a good one to the top of Mt Sterling, some awesome views from up there, and back down the Howqua Gap track to the circuit rd.. All the tracks you have listed are all awesome areas, i havent been all the way up to the Cobbler lake so am keen to do that :thumbup:

Yeah I was looking at Clear Hills but wasn't sure - will add that to the list!! I haven't been down the Cobbler Lake tracks either but from what I have heard and photos I have seen it looks like fun!

nickpeacock36
18th October 2011, 08:27 PM
I was watching the DVD of that area that came with 4wd Action this month. It looked awesome, hope you all have a great trip.

AB
18th October 2011, 08:27 PM
Wheres plassy time you came along mate glad to hear rossco has his truck going
will be good to catch up
wheres timbo he,s got to be in

glad to see andy comming along as well,you still comming to licola andy?this w/end

Sorry Roofy, I can't make Licola. It's my mum's birthday and I have to be there for the old duck...LMAO

I am 100% coming to Craig's Hut though!!!

belzi82
18th October 2011, 08:31 PM
http://www.wasabitv.com.au/index.php?s=going4wd

Watch the above link - This is when a few collegues and I from 'Going 4WD' TV did the Craig's hut area last year

belzi82
18th October 2011, 08:51 PM
Okay so, so far we have
Belzi
Roofy
Katwoman
Fletch and
AB
coming. Who else is interested, it should be a great weekend away!

AB
18th October 2011, 08:54 PM
Don't forget Rossco...

Timbo is a maybe, he may have to paint his nails that weekend though..LMAO

snicko
18th October 2011, 08:58 PM
Like I keep saying....." I LIVE TOO BL@@DY FAR AWAY!!"

belzi82
18th October 2011, 09:01 PM
Like I keep saying....." I LIVE TOO BL@@DY FAR AWAY!!"

You drive a Patrol Nothing is TOOO far away!!!!

snicko
18th October 2011, 09:05 PM
You drive a Patrol Nothing is TOOO far away!!!!

Yeah I do but its the handbrake!!...........hahahahahaha

belzi82
18th October 2011, 09:08 PM
Yeah I do but its the handbrake!!...........hahahahahaha

Leave him @ home (I do!!!)

snicko
18th October 2011, 09:19 PM
Leave him @ home (I do!!!)

If only!!..........hahahahahaha

big_fletch
18th October 2011, 09:20 PM
Well thats 6 Trolls so far so the list is growing, hopefully get a few more takers who would like to join

Sir Roofy
18th October 2011, 10:13 PM
like i keep saying....." i live too bl@@dy far away!!"

hey snicko like i keep telling ya move closer mate
we need more ppl here lol

belzi82
20th October 2011, 08:46 PM
Bump!!!!!!!!

big_fletch
21st October 2011, 08:45 PM
Bump!!!!!!!!

I reckon this will be a good trip belzi, im actually really excited about it lol

belzi82
21st October 2011, 10:38 PM
I reckon this will be a good trip belzi, im actually really excited about it lol

Yeah I am really looking forward to it as well I can't wait to meet you and the others!! It should be lots of fun!!!

AB
21st October 2011, 10:42 PM
Ive got this booked in with the finance manager and the fun police as well so I'm 100%

belzi82
21st October 2011, 10:45 PM
That is great news AB!! Is the whole family coming or just u??

AB
21st October 2011, 10:48 PM
That is great news AB!! Is the whole family coming or just u??

Just me mate. Princess has other plans...LMAO

GUtsy ute
21st October 2011, 10:51 PM
Don't forget plenty of pics and vids of the outing people, for the rest of us to be envious of.!!

belzi82
21st October 2011, 10:54 PM
Just me mate. Princess has other plans...LMAO

Well It will be great to meet you!

Rossco
23rd October 2011, 07:17 PM
Sounds good Belzi, maybe even down to Lake William Hovell if there's time. It's hard tho as theres so many good spots in that area. Lake Cobler's a ripper spot I, I reckon thats a must. Which King Hut are you thinking of camping at upper or lower? . . Last time I was at the upper one the hut was gone- still a beutifiull spot tho.

Bob
24th October 2011, 11:33 AM

If my shoulder is Ok and I havnt sold the Patrol by then I will be in this as my last trip.

The King Hut was burnt down but is a great spot to Camp. The trip up the Staircase to Lake Cobbler is a good trip and also Wild Horse Gap track which will bring you back to Pineapple Flat and back up king basin road.

If I come which is likely I will be going up on the Friday and should be able to get some Wood in for our Camp Fires.

AB
24th October 2011, 11:38 AM
If my shoulder is Ok and I havnt sold the Patrol by then I will be in this as my last trip.

The King Hut was burnt down but is a great spot to Camp. The trip up the Staircase to Lake Cobbler is a good trip and also Wild Horse Gap track which will bring you back to Pineapple Flat and back up king basin road.

If I come which is likely I will be going up on the Friday and should be able to get some Wood in for our Camp Fires.

Great stuff Bob, will be good to catch up again mate!

Sir Roofy
24th October 2011, 03:08 PM
hope you can make it BOB will be great to catch up

Bob
25th October 2011, 09:38 AM
Will anybody else be going up on the Friday ?
Perhaps we could meet up and go in together. I have been to this area numerous times and it is a great spot.

BTW My Avatar Pic was taken from Craigs Hut

belzi82
25th October 2011, 11:03 AM
Will anybody else be going up on the Friday ?
Perhaps we could meet up and go in together. I have been to this area numerous times and it is a great spot.

BTW My Avatar Pic was taken from Craigs Hut

HI Bob, I will be heading up Friday and probably staying in Mansfield the night - still not sure at this stage, I don't want to be camping on my own and if other's are camping the Friday night then I may depending on what time I arrive. Roofy and Kat are planning on heading up on Friday but Roofy was talking about possibily staying in Shep on Friday.
I was thinking that we could all meet on Saturday morning at Telegraph Junction.

Bob
25th October 2011, 11:12 AM
HI Bob, I will be heading up Friday and probably staying in Mansfield the night - still not sure at this stage, I don't want to be camping on my own and if other's are camping the Friday night then I may depending on what time I arrive. Roofy and Kat are planning on heading up on Friday but Roofy was talking about possibily staying in Shep on Friday.
I was thinking that we could all meet on Saturday morning at Telegraph Junction.

I will most likely be going up Friday Morning. Will have to liase with Roofy & Kat to see what time they intend to come in.
If you are going to Craigs Hut on the way in then as you come over the King Saddle on the Circuit road you can turn left and go up over Mt Stirling which is magnificent and then drop down to Craigs Hut.
I would come up to Craigs Hut from the Circuit road and meet you all there for Lunch.
Will fit in with whatever you have planned

AB
25th October 2011, 12:15 PM
I'll hopefully sneak off from work early and be up there on dusk Friday evening....

big_fletch
25th October 2011, 12:19 PM
Well I'm trying to get the Friday off work, so if I manage I'm quite happy to meet somewhere, maybe even meet up with Bob and head ova together, this all depends on how nice the boss is feeling lol

Bob
25th October 2011, 12:26 PM
well i'm trying to get the friday off work, so if i manage i'm quite happy to meet somewhere, maybe even meet up with bob and head ova together, this all depends on how nice the boss is feeling lol

i am quite flexible so will work in with whoever.
Maybe we can meet up with ab at mirimbah (foot of bulla) and go in together.
I know this area like the back of my hand so going in after dark IS NO TROUBLE.
bel could meet us there and come in.

AB
25th October 2011, 12:28 PM
i am quite flexible so will work in with whoever.
Maybe we can meet up with ab at mirimbah (foot of bulla) and go in together.
I know this area like the back of my hand so going in after dark IS NO TROUBLE.
bel could meet us there and come in.

I will be most likely heading up with Rossco too but I will most likely get lost if the night sets in....lol

Having saying that I would expect to be at Mirimbah at 6pm ish....

I'll chat with Rossco this weekend about it.

Bob
25th October 2011, 12:31 PM
i will be most likely heading up with rossco too but i will most likely get lost if the night sets in....lol

having saying that i would expect to be at mirimbah at 6pm ish....

I'll chat with rossco this weekend about it.

as i said above it will not be any trouble for me to find my way in after dark as i have done it many times.
You should be able to find mirimbah. Lol
even if you are running a little late it wont matter

Dhuck
25th October 2011, 12:41 PM
Good to see your name popping up Bob

Bob
25th October 2011, 12:53 PM
Good to see your name popping up Bob

Thanks mate . This will be my last trip so hopefully will be a good one.

Dhuck
25th October 2011, 01:09 PM
Just remember to stay in contact with us all mate

belzi82
25th October 2011, 01:50 PM
I am getting excited it should be a great trip. Had a ball last time I was there in the Rav know with a REAL 4wd it should be even better! Thanks to everyone that is coming, it will be great to meet up with you all.

We should be camping near a river so maybe bring your fishing rods along!! Roofy and Jane taught me how to fish on the weekend and I can now say that I am ADDICTED!!!

Sir Roofy
25th October 2011, 01:53 PM
Ok at this stage the boss and i will hopefully be at mirimbah by 6pm

will hopefully get kat and steve up there with us

belzi you can meet us there to we,,l wait for you are you ok with that?

And any other vic members as well,come on girlsand guys should be a great w/end
come along and chat to our most distinguished member bob who loves the high country
as much if not more as we do

belzi82
25th October 2011, 02:01 PM

come along and chat to our most distinguished member bob who loves the high country

Thanks Roofy. I am happy to meet you guys in Mirimbah on Friday and go in together. Sounds like most of us are heading up on friday anyways!!
Thanks for the fishing lessons too.

Okay so so far I have coming.
-Belzi
-Katwoman
-Roofy
-AB
-Fletch
-Rossco
-Bob
-Timbo ????

ANYONE ELSE COMING???

AB
25th October 2011, 02:06 PM
Ok done....I'll leave at 3:30-4pm and should be there by 6pm.

belzi82
25th October 2011, 08:01 PM
Ok done....I'll leave at 3:30-4pm and should be there by 6pm.

i will be trying to leave around the same time so may see you on the road!

big_fletch
25th October 2011, 08:31 PM
Awesome good to hear guys, i should also be there before 6 as ill just meet with everyone.. Where we planning on camping for the fri night?

Sir Roofy
25th October 2011, 08:39 PM
Awesome good to hear guys, i should also be there before 6 as ill just meet with everyone.. Where we planning on camping for the fri night?
if we all make it about the same time our fearless leader should have a spot in mind aye bob?

big_fletch
25th October 2011, 08:42 PM
if we all make it about the same time our fearless leader should have a spot in mind aye bob?

Sounds good to me Roofy, im excited about this trip mate, should be a ripper i reckon

Sir Roofy
25th October 2011, 08:47 PM
Sounds good to me Roofy, im excited about this trip mate, should be a ripper i reckon

where looking forward to it as well be great to catch up with everyone again

you got he big fella going as well (daniel) and turtle and his misses

big_fletch
25th October 2011, 08:48 PM
where looking forward to it as well be great to catch up with everyone again

you got he big fella going as well (daniel) and turtle and his misses

Nah daniel cant for that weekend.. Im trying to convince Turtle, but he isnt sure if he can make it yet, doesnt look like he will at this stage

AB
25th October 2011, 08:56 PM
i'm taking Monday off work too...lol

Rossco and I may do some extra travelling on Monday.

I rung Rossco today about the trip and Iv'e never seen him so excited about something before...LMAO...He loves it up there and knows the area well so this will be a blast!

Let's pray for bloody good weather though!!!

Sir Roofy
25th October 2011, 09:00 PM

I rung Rossco today about the trip and Iv'e never seen him so excited about something before...LMAO...He loves it up there and knows the area well so this will be a blast!

looking forward to this mate drowling at the mouth just thinking of it

big_fletch
25th October 2011, 09:01 PM

Well i also might have the monday off work as well as i have asked for it, so may explore wit ya AB lol
Hopefully the weather is nice and sunny, for some awesome views

AB
25th October 2011, 09:03 PM
Well i also might have the monday off work as well as i have asked for it, so may explore wit ya AB lol
Hopefully the weather is nice and sunny, for some awesome views

Nice mate, I was planning on taking the Monday off to recover from the weekend but the way Ross explained how much he loved the place he quickly convinced me to stay there another day to explore more...LMAO

Bring it on!!!

Bob
26th October 2011, 08:41 AM

Belz was talking about the Burnt out King Hut site which is a great spot to Camp.
You can radiate out from there to some good treks.(Craigs Hut-Lake Cobbler-Bluff Hut etc).
This is Belz's trip so lets see what she has planned.

I am looking forward to this Trip

Sir Roofy
26th October 2011, 08:51 AM
Belz was talking about the Burnt out King Hut site which is a great spot to Camp.
You can radiate out from there to some good treks.(Craigs Hut-Lake Cobbler-Bluff Hut etc).

looks like that will be the spot then bob im sure everybody will be happy with that
where all looking forward to catching up with you mate going to be a good meet up

belzi82
26th October 2011, 10:06 AM

Hi Bob, that is exactly where I was planning for us to camp!!

big_fletch
26th October 2011, 07:41 PM
Sounds good to me everyone, cant to roll the swag out and have a cold one around the campfire!!

AB
26th October 2011, 08:40 PM
Sounds good to me everyone, cant to roll the swag out and have a cold one around the campfire!!

We should organise a big cook up again for Saturday night....lol

big_fletch
26th October 2011, 08:43 PM
We should organise a big cook up again for Saturday night....lol

That sounds like a good plan AB, what ya thinking? Another Roast?

AB
26th October 2011, 08:47 PM
That sounds like a good plan AB, what ya thinking? Another Roast?

I guess so thats the easiest thing to do when camping with a group...

What about Mussels, clams and tomato broth?...lol
http://www.lifestylefood.com.au/content/cache/400x225/Recipes/Thumbnails/foodsource_mussel-clam-soup.jpg

MY FAVOURITE!!!

Sir Roofy
26th October 2011, 08:58 PM
I guess so thats the easiest thing to do when camping with a group...

What about Mussels, clams and tomato broth?...lol
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/

MY FAVOURITE!!!

your the man AB that looks good we,l have that just love fresh mussel and oysters

big_fletch
26th October 2011, 09:06 PM
Im cooking chicken wings then as i dont eat mussel and oysters lol

Bob
27th October 2011, 11:30 AM
Thoughts for the Trip :-

Fire Wood : If everybody that can bring in some Wood for Friday Night as we wont have time to collect any on the way in. Wont need much if we all take a little . We can get a Load on our trips on the Saturday.I will have a Chain Saw.

Cook Up Saturday Night : I can purchase a couple of Boned Roasts from the Kyneton Abbatoir on the way down. How many Camp Ovens do we need ??. I think three one for each of the Roasts and one for the Vegies. I can bring one.
Who else ??. Not you AB as from previous Posts I think yours might be a bit rusty LOL LOL. And NO MUSSELS AND OYSTERS Will need some Vegies

belzi82
27th October 2011, 12:07 PM
Thoughts for the Trip :-

Fire Wood : If everybody that can bring in some Wood for Friday Night as we wont have time to collect any on the way in. Wont need much if we all take a little . We can get a Load on our trips on the Saturday.I will have a Chain Saw.

Cook Up Saturday Night : I can purchase a couple of Boned Roasts from the Kyneton Abbatoir on the way down. How many Camp Ovens do we need ??. I think three one for each of the Roasts and one for the Vegies. I can bring one.
Who else ??. Not you AB as from previous Posts I think yours might be a bit rusty LOL LOL. And NO MUSSELS AND OYSTERS Will need some Vegies

I have a small camp oven I can bring!!
I will try and find some wood for us as well.
I have just applied for annual leave and waiting to hear back if I can have Friday, Monday and Tuesday off cause I deserve a break, and why not since we are doing something different!!!

Roasts sound good Bob - let us know how much we owe you!

AB
27th October 2011, 12:24 PM
Yep, lets book the roast in Bob.

Rossco and I can bring the veges.

That's a fair call on the condition of my camp oven Bob...lol...I would like to throw something smart assy back to you but I simply do not have a leg to stand on...LMAO

Bob
27th October 2011, 04:46 PM
For those who have not been to the King Hut Camping Area.

Toilets
Fishing in King River
No Dogs
Accessible with Camper Trailer
Rubbish must be taken out
GPS S:37 05.283 E:146 34.341

There is no Hut as it was burnt down a couple of years ago by Deer Hunters allegedly
Water from River can be used as long as it is boiled before hand.

belzi82
27th October 2011, 11:20 PM
For those who have not been to the King Hut Camping Area.

Toilets
Fishing in King River
No Dogs
Accessible with Camper Trailer
Rubbish must be taken out
GPS S:37 05.283 E:146 34.341

There is no Hut as it was burnt down a couple of years ago by Deer Hunters allegedly
Water from River can be used as long as it is boiled before hand.

Thanks mate, where are the toilets? Didn't see them when I was last there - used the bushes

katwoman
28th October 2011, 12:52 AM
I can supply camp oven No 3. Is fairly large. Fits decent leg and veg for 4.
The local caravan park dog from Licola cleaned it last week, and then the ants got what the dog missed, so it"s ready to go !!

katwoman
28th October 2011, 01:08 AM

You lead, we follow Roofy.
LR petrol tank is here, tent is here, roofrack is ordered !!!!!!!
We're goin places !!

Bob
28th October 2011, 07:58 AM
I can supply camp oven No 3. Is fairly large. Fits decent leg and veg for 4.
The local caravan park dog from Licola cleaned it last week, and then the ants got what the dog missed, so it"s ready to go !!

So it is well and truly cured then Kat. LMAO

Looking forward to meeting you and Steve

Bob
28th October 2011, 08:16 AM
Thanks mate, where are the toilets? Didn't see them when I was last there - used the bushes

I should have said one toilet.
It is between the old Hut Site and the first River Crossing.

Sir Roofy
28th October 2011, 01:19 PM
You lead, we follow Roofy.
LR petrol tank is here, tent is here, roofrack is ordered !!!!!!!
We're goin places !!

yep where realy going to do it all kat,im getting square eyes from looking on hear for my xmas present
stay tuned its all go from now on

Bob
1st November 2011, 11:56 AM
Nice mate, I was planning on taking the Monday off to recover from the weekend but the way Ross explained how much he loved the place he quickly convinced me to stay there another day to explore more...LMAO

Bring it on!!!

I now also intend to stay until the Monday.
Should be a ripper of a Weekend

Maxhead
2nd November 2011, 08:27 AM
OK, found this thread.....Sounds like I'm in on this as well. So where are we going, what are we doing, when and how????

OK, Ok I read the bloody thread! KLOLOLO

Bob
2nd November 2011, 08:32 AM
OK, found this thread.....Sounds like I'm in on this as well. So where are we going, what are we doing, when and how????

OK, Ok I read the bloody thread! KLOLOLO

If you came down the Hume Highway and turned off at Benalla you can get across to Mansfield and we are meeting at Mirimbah at 6pm on the Friday which is on the way from Mansfield to Mt Bulla.
You are quite welcome to come

AB
2nd November 2011, 09:28 AM
Great stuff Kris, look forward to catching up mate!!!!

Sir Roofy
2nd November 2011, 12:11 PM
ok, found this thread.....sounds like i'm in on this as well. So where are we going, what are we doing, when and how????

Ok, ok i read the bloody thread! Klololo

alls good mate will see you here on the friday arvo at mirimba

Maxhead
2nd November 2011, 01:25 PM
alls good mate will see you here on the friday arvo at mirimba

Yep, will do mate...Cheers

belzi82
2nd November 2011, 01:31 PM
Okay great news..... leave has been approved for Friday, Monday and Tuesday!!! Woo Hoo.
AB can I also join you guys on the Monday??

belzi82
2nd November 2011, 01:31 PM
Yep, will do mate...Cheers

Glad you're coming mate will be glad to meet you

Maxhead
2nd November 2011, 01:54 PM
Glad you're coming mate will be glad to meet you

Yeah same, getting excited already...LOL

AB
2nd November 2011, 01:58 PM
Okay great news..... leave has been approved for Friday, Monday and Tuesday!!! Woo Hoo.
AB can I also join you guys on the Monday??

Umm, yeah not sure thats a good idea Belzi...lol...Of course mate, bring it on!!!!

Sir Roofy
2nd November 2011, 01:58 PM
Yeah same, getting exited already...LOL

shaw hope you can make it mate we can do the other run another time a bit later in the year maybe

AB
2nd November 2011, 02:00 PM
shaw hoe you can make it mate we can do the other run another time a bit later in the year maybe

I would be super keen to do that trip later on as well!

Maxhead
2nd November 2011, 02:03 PM
So Day off Monday for me as well. Do I need to bring anything besides the usual ????

belzi82
2nd November 2011, 02:03 PM
Umm, yeah not sure thats a good idea Belzi...lol...Of course mate, bring it on!!!!

Umm okay thanks......... lol

belzi82
2nd November 2011, 02:04 PM
So Day off Monday for me as well. Do I need to bring anything besides the usual ????

Lol just the usual!!

What is the other trip that you guys are referring too??

Maxhead
2nd November 2011, 02:13 PM
Lol just the usual!!

What is the other trip that you guys are referring too??

Cool.

Roofy and myself were planing to go to talbotville near wonnangatta on the weekend of 12th, but then I realised there was this trip a week after so we decided to can that one...LOL

belzi82
2nd November 2011, 02:25 PM
Cool.

Roofy and myself were planing to go to talbotville near wonnangatta on the weekend of 12th, but then I realised there was this trip a week after so we decided to can that one...LOL

Roofy is a EXCELLENT tour guide around that area. Learnt so much from him last time we went!! I would highly recommend joining any of Roofy's 4x4 adventures!!
If you don't mind, let me know when you are heading out that way and I might join you!

Sir Roofy
2nd November 2011, 02:33 PM
I would be super keen to do that trip later on as well!

mate your welcome any time as with the rest of the forum
you have to learn to check on here for meet ups before saying
yes to your wife ---------lol

Sir Roofy
2nd November 2011, 03:10 PM
Roofy is a EXCELLENT tour guide around that area. Learnt so much from him last time we went!! I would highly recommend joining any of Roofy's 4x4 adventures!!
If you don't mind, let me know when you are heading out that way and I might join you!

thanks bel your a legend

Bob
2nd November 2011, 03:12 PM
thanks bel your a legend

Love your new Avatar Roofy. It suits you.
Looking forward to the trip mate and meeting you again.
Good to see nisspat is coming.

belzi82
2nd November 2011, 03:12 PM
thanks bel your a legend

You're a legend too!!!!

Love the photo oh I mean avatar!!

Sir Roofy
2nd November 2011, 03:13 PM
thanks bel your a legend

and on the right we have an old mine site it was used in 1889 and produced 300oz of pure gold

i just love these places

belzi82
2nd November 2011, 03:14 PM
Look who's coming:

Belzi
Roofy and the boss
Katwoman and her other half
AB
Fletch
Rossco
Bob
Nisspat
Timbo - still to confirm

Should be a great weekend guys!

Sir Roofy
2nd November 2011, 03:18 PM
Love your new Avatar Roofy. It suits you.
Looking forward to the trip mate and meeting you again.
Good to see nisspat is coming.

will be great bob ill even bring a beer or so this time glad kris is comming as well
your going to like the girls to mate fun to be with and willing to go most places

Bob
2nd November 2011, 03:19 PM
Look who's coming:

Belzi
Roofy and the boss
Katwoman and her other half
AB
Fletch
Rossco
Bob
Nisspat
Timbo - still to confirm

Should be a great weekend guys!

Quite a few GU's in that group.

belzi82
2nd November 2011, 03:19 PM
will be great bob ill even bring a beer or so this time glad kris is comming as well
your going to like the girls to mate fun to be with and willing to go most places

willing to go most places??? Please clarify!! (Oh right, family forum)

belzi82
2nd November 2011, 03:20 PM
quite a few gu's in that group.

go the gu's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob
2nd November 2011, 03:20 PM

Might have to get you to use my Chain Saw mate as my shoulder is cactus.

Sir Roofy
2nd November 2011, 03:22 PM
Might have to get you to use my Chain Saw mate as my shoulder is cactus.

noworrys mate ill have mine on board any way

Sir Roofy
2nd November 2011, 03:25 PM
willing to go most places??? Please clarify!! (Oh right, family forum)

mmmmmmm your a bit of a devil but i like it
hows them new gauges working are you happy with them

belzi82
2nd November 2011, 03:40 PM
mmmmmmm your a bit of a devil but i like it
hows them new gauges working are you happy with them

Gone from Legend to Devil in minutes
Yeah loving the guages

Sir Roofy
2nd November 2011, 03:47 PM
Gone from Legend to Devil in minutes
Yeah loving the guages

excellent glad you follow the advice given on here

belzi82
2nd November 2011, 03:49 PM
excellent glad you follow the advice given on here

Yeah forum's been a huge help!!

Bob
2nd November 2011, 03:51 PM
Yeah forum's been a huge help!!

Now all we have to do is get you to stop supporting Collingwood. RAFLMAO

belzi82
2nd November 2011, 03:55 PM
Now all we have to do is get you to stop supporting Collingwood. RAFLMAO

The chances of that happening is (Nathan) Buckley's to none!!!!

GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD FOREVER!!!! Love my boys.

I am still a great person with that added bonus!!

Bob
2nd November 2011, 03:57 PM

yeah whatever. BTW i barrack for the mighty blues so we might continue this conversation on the trip LOL

belzi82
2nd November 2011, 03:58 PM
yeah whatever. BTW i barrack for the mighty blues so we might continue this conversation on the trip LOL

lol maybe we should make the trip a FOOTBALL free event!!

Sir Roofy
2nd November 2011, 04:32 PM

ill stick with ya bel strength in numbers

AB
2nd November 2011, 04:39 PM

There will be 2 other Blues supporters coming too so be careful you lot...lol

Maxhead
2nd November 2011, 04:43 PM
There will be 2 other Blues supporters coming too so be careful you lot...lol
and a Aussie Rules guru....me ..LOLOLOL

belzi82
2nd November 2011, 05:29 PM
okay boys if want to talk footy - just wait to the weekend the campsite will be covered in black and white!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AB
2nd November 2011, 05:31 PM
okay boys if want to talk footy - just wait to the weekend the campsite will be covered in black and white!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that the smoke from your GU's when you start them up Bel.....LMAO

Sir Roofy
2nd November 2011, 07:01 PM
Dont forget the black and yellow supporters!! We will be there in numbers too! ( Roofys Boss )

big_fletch
2nd November 2011, 07:41 PM
Good to hear Nisspat is coming along on this trip, be good to meet ya mate.. im excited about this one.. Cant wait to get up the high country

AB
2nd November 2011, 08:24 PM
Ive got some bad news guys and hopefully I can fix it before the trip....i'll post it up now in the other section....Not happy Jan!!!!

big_fletch
2nd November 2011, 08:31 PM
Ive got some bad news guys and hopefully I can fix it before the trip....i'll post it up now in the other section....Not happy Jan!!!!

Whats goin on buddy?? Hope its nothing to serious mate?

Sir Roofy
2nd November 2011, 08:32 PM
ive got some bad news guys and hopefully i can fix it before the trip....i'll post it up now in the other section....not happy jan!!!!
turbo issuses mate

AB
2nd November 2011, 08:43 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?6891-Oil-leak-from-turbo-oil-feed-flange-on-turbo

See here...lol...I'm so peed at myself right now!!!

Maxhead
2nd November 2011, 08:46 PM
Bloody GQ's LOL. Hope it gets sorted out soon mate....

AB
2nd November 2011, 08:48 PM
I will put the effort in and get this fixed though. If I can't then I'll just jump in the car with Rossco and drown my sorrows on the whole trip as a passenger, navman and the drunken bum on the forum trip...LMAO

big_fletch
2nd November 2011, 08:50 PM
Maaaatttttteeee.. Thats gotta suck..... If Ya eva need to u can come out with me mate.. Will be a ripper trip so cant have you missing out lol

Sir Roofy
2nd November 2011, 09:32 PM
Can we get fuel at mirimbah or only mansfield
gas and petrol?

Rossco
2nd November 2011, 11:16 PM
I will put the effort in and get this fixed though. If I can't then I'll just jump in the car with Rossco and drown my sorrows on the whole trip as a passenger, navman and the drunken bum on the forum trip...LMAO
Drunken bum passenger Eh? . . . I don't know about this. Ha Ha! Don't worry AB I'm sure we can get it fixed - these things sure are a pain in the butt tho. Let us know how you go with it, good luck dude.

Maxhead
3rd November 2011, 08:11 AM
gas and petrol?

Not sure mate, some sites say yes fuel available between Thursday to Monday. Some sites say closest is Mansfiels...not sure

Bob
3rd November 2011, 08:30 AM
gas and petrol?

I usually fill up at Mansfield as Mirimbah is a bit of a Raffle whether they are open or not.

Sir Roofy
3rd November 2011, 08:32 AM
I usually fill up at Mansfield as Mirimbah is a bit of a Raffle whether they are open or not.

thanks for that bob /hows your day so far

Bob
3rd November 2011, 08:34 AM
thanks for that bob /hows your day so far

Quiet one but it looks like a nice day coming up.

Sir Roofy
3rd November 2011, 08:36 AM
Quiet one but it looks like a nice day coming up.

hope so mate over all this spring rain at the moment but its shaping up to be a cool summer

Bob
3rd November 2011, 08:58 AM
Follow this for a Map of the Area that we are going to

http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0005/313619/map11.pdf

Just above item 15 on the Map is King Hut where we are Camping

belzi82
3rd November 2011, 10:34 PM
Roofy - I agree with Bob - safer to fill up at Mansfield!!

AB how;s the car going??

AB
4th November 2011, 06:28 AM
Roofy - I agree with Bob - safer to fill up at Mansfield!!

AB how;s the car going??

Hopefully good news Bel. I will 100% be ready by this trip though!!!

Sir Roofy
4th November 2011, 08:25 AM

thats good news andy looking forward to catching up

belzi82
4th November 2011, 10:29 AM

YAY that is excellent news!!! C ya there then

belzi82
7th November 2011, 12:30 PM
10 sleeps to go!!!

Sir Roofy
7th November 2011, 12:49 PM
10 sleeps to go!!!

hey bel you got that fridge tyed down yet in the back

belzi82
7th November 2011, 01:11 PM
Hi, yeah I will figure it out. Maybe will take it out of the car for the few days and run it using a gas bottle.

Which way are you heading up???

Sir Roofy
7th November 2011, 01:16 PM
Hi, yeah I will figure it out. Maybe will take it out of the car for the few days and run it using a gas bottle.

Which way are you heading up???
up thru alex

belzi82
7th November 2011, 01:20 PM
up thru alex

that is the way i go!! How long you staying for???

Sir Roofy
7th November 2011, 01:22 PM
that is the way i go!! How long you staying for???

ill probably stay till monday but i think jane is getting a ride home with kat
thats what she has told me wants me to stay longer withy you guys

belzi82
7th November 2011, 01:36 PM
ill probably stay till monday but i think jane is getting a ride home with kat
thats what she has told me wants me to stay longer withy you guys

That's really nice of her!! YOu have a great woman except for the Richmond thing!!!!

Sir Roofy
7th November 2011, 01:37 PM
Congrats bel 2000 posts go girl

Sir Roofy
7th November 2011, 01:38 PM
that's really nice of her!! You have a great woman except for the richmond thing!!!!

cant have every thing mate

belzi82
7th November 2011, 01:38 PM
Congrats bel 2000 posts go girl

2000 terrible posts!!!!!

Sir Roofy
7th November 2011, 01:40 PM
2000 terrible posts!!!!!

dont put yourself dowm mate they are worthy of a legend

belzi82
7th November 2011, 01:50 PM
dont put yourself dowm mate they are worthy of a legend

lol not putting myself down!!!

So in need of a break!!

Sir Roofy
7th November 2011, 01:52 PM
lol not putting myself down!!!

So in need of a break!!

10 more sleeps and you got it 4 days off??

belzi82
7th November 2011, 02:04 PM
10 more sleeps and you got it 4 days off??

ummm including the weekend 5 days off. WOO HOO!!! I am off work Friday, Monday and Tuesday!! Was thinking about going fishing on the Tuesday!

Sir Roofy
7th November 2011, 02:12 PM
ummm including the weekend 5 days off. Woo hoo!!! I am off work friday, monday and tuesday!! Was thinking about going fishing on the tuesday!

where was you thinking about

belzi82
7th November 2011, 02:25 PM
where was you thinking about

dunno, hadn't looked into that yet.

Sir Roofy
7th November 2011, 08:29 PM
dunno, hadn't looked into that yet.

have you thought about it yet

Sir Roofy
7th November 2011, 08:31 PM
had a look for that plastic stuff you got but they dont have it here in moe

belzi82
7th November 2011, 08:37 PM
had a look for that plastic stuff you got but they dont have it here in moe

u want me to get you some???

Still dunno where to go finishing, going to google fishing spots!! Where's your favourite place???

Sir Roofy
7th November 2011, 08:51 PM
u want me to get you some???

Still dunno where to go finishing, going to google fishing spots!! Where's your favourite place???

how did you know

belzi82
7th November 2011, 08:59 PM
how did you know

mmmmmmm psychic!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sir Roofy
7th November 2011, 09:01 PM
mmmmmmm psychic!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats a thought you being psychic

belzi82
7th November 2011, 09:09 PM
thats a thought you being psychic

nah just learnt to read people when I worked in the disability field!!

Sir Roofy
7th November 2011, 09:14 PM
nah just learnt to read people when I worked in the disability field!!

now you cant possibly be able to read this old fella ---lol

belzi82
7th November 2011, 09:17 PM
now you cant possibly be able to read this old fella ---lol

lol maybe, maybe not.....

belzi82
8th November 2011, 01:13 PM
9 sleeps and counting!!

Maxhead
8th November 2011, 02:12 PM
9 sleeps and counting!!

You're not excited at all are ya? LOLOLOLOl

AB
8th November 2011, 04:46 PM
Has anyone got a decent camera to take on this trip?

Where we are heading will be some of the best opportunities for some cracking Victoria photos to show the forum...

Bob
8th November 2011, 05:13 PM

Where we are heading will be some of the best opportunities for some cracking Victoria photos to show the forum...

My Digital Camera takes a reasonable Pic

This shows the quality and those pics were taken in that area

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?3563-My-favourite-view-of-the-high-country

Maxhead
8th November 2011, 05:17 PM

I've got a waterproof one for when BLUEY is under water....lolololol

AB
8th November 2011, 05:20 PM
I've got a waterproof one for when BLUEY is under water....lolololol

Iv'e learnt my lessons mate...lol...Or have I...LMAO.

I'm more worried about the clutch and towing the camper now....

Maxhead
8th November 2011, 05:29 PM
Iv'e learnt my lessons mate...lol...Or have I...LMAO.

I'm more worried about the clutch and towing the camper now....

No problems mate, I have a slow mo camera as well....hahahahahhahahahahah

snicko
8th November 2011, 05:53 PM
Hey Bel.........

belzi82
8th November 2011, 06:25 PM

I have a great camera. It is fairly new and takes great photos

belzi82
8th November 2011, 06:26 PM
Hey Bel.........

Hey Snicko............

belzi82
8th November 2011, 06:26 PM
9 sleeps and counting!!

Opps 10 sleeps!!!!

Maxhead
8th November 2011, 06:33 PM
I have a great camera. It is fairly new and takes great photos

Where's the spider Bel? LOL

belzi82
8th November 2011, 06:35 PM
Where's the spider Bel? LOL

Didn't want to scare the 'girls' on here!!!

Maxhead
8th November 2011, 09:10 PM
Ok ! have we got a plan for food? No point everyone bringing same stuff....

AB
8th November 2011, 09:14 PM
I think Bob was going to bring some meat. Rossco and I will stock up on a heap of veges for the cook up on Saturday night.

I guess if other people want to they can organise something for another night or just give Bob some money for the meat, etc.

AB
8th November 2011, 09:15 PM
Actually we should see Bob says as it might be better and easier for Bob if other people bring some other meat to join in the cook up.

Bob
8th November 2011, 09:24 PM
Actually we should see Bob says as it might be better and easier for Bob if other people bring some other meat to join in the cook up.

I was going to bring a couple of Roasts for Saturday and I thought that others could bring Chops,Saugages etc for their other meals.(ie Cater for themselves except for Saturday Night.

Let me know

belzi82
8th November 2011, 09:30 PM
I was going to bring a couple of Roasts for Saturday and I thought that others could bring Chops,Saugages etc for their other meals.(ie Cater for themselves except for Saturday Night.

Let me know

I am happy either way!!

Maxhead
8th November 2011, 09:35 PM

Let me know
night
Sounds good Bob, just let us know what we owe you mate and we'll organise something for Friday and Sunday night.......so has any one got a spit they can bring???????

AB
9th November 2011, 06:32 AM
Spit would be good...I don't have one unfortunately...If no one has a spit then the old camp oven will do the trick.

belzi82
9th November 2011, 09:29 PM
9 sleeps to go!!! So looking forward to getting out of the rat race!

snicko
9th November 2011, 09:58 PM
Hey Bel........

big_fletch
9th November 2011, 10:19 PM
Getting closer now everyone haha.. Wish the weekend would hurry up

snicko
9th November 2011, 10:26 PM
Hey Bel.....you there??

Bob
10th November 2011, 04:30 PM
Have just checked with DSE at Mansfield and they advise that

Circuit Road has been reopened together most tracks in that area with the exception of Burnt Top Track and Wild Horse Track

Those two tracks are quite good drives however there are plenty of others .

Not a great deal of Rain in that area last night.

Will check again next week.

BTW Phone no for DSE Mansfield is 5733 1200

AB
10th November 2011, 04:37 PM
I'm really excited about this trip, can't wait to get amongst it again and talk bollocks around the campfire!!!

I just need to finish off the car this weekend and hopefully It's all set to go!!!

belzi82
10th November 2011, 07:27 PM
Hey Bel.....you there??

Hey Snicko....

snicko
10th November 2011, 07:28 PM
Hey Bel......guess what??

belzi82
10th November 2011, 07:29 PM
I'm really excited about this trip, can't wait to get amongst it again and talk bollocks around the campfire!!!

I just need to finish off the car this weekend and hopefully It's all set to go!!!

I agree AB I getting excited too. Hope your car is all ready to go by next week!!

belzi82
10th November 2011, 07:29 PM
Hey Bel......guess what??

what????????????

snicko
10th November 2011, 07:36 PM
what????????????

I am 99.9% THAT WE ARE COMING ON YOUR TRIP!!

belzi82
10th November 2011, 07:37 PM

WOO HOO that is great news!!!! SO excited!!! Will you being coming till the Monday???

I am now even MORE EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob
10th November 2011, 07:40 PM

Hang on we might have a vote on that RAFLMAO

Seriously that is great News

No Gas Bottles for you though

snicko
10th November 2011, 07:44 PM
WOO HOO that is great news!!!! SO excited!!! Will you being coming till the Monday???

I am now even MORE EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been wanting to tell you for a while but it has taken this long to get all to fall into place.

We leave here on Wed morning and stay in Port Pirie that night.
Thursday drive to Horsham
Friday need to find where we can catch up with someone.
Sat and Sun with you guys leave Mon morning to drive home to be back at work on Thursday morning.
Worked out about 3200km plus what we do with you guys.
Shall put the roof top tent on. Am I excited?? YES!!

I cant wait to meet everyone!!

big_fletch
10th November 2011, 07:45 PM
Hope all goes to plan AB, will be good to have a cold one with ya around the fire mate.. Good to hear we have another member coming across for the meet, the more the merrier and cant wait to meet ya Snicko

Fletcha

snicko
10th November 2011, 07:46 PM
Hang on we might have a vote on that RAFLMAO

Seriously that is great News

No Gas Bottles for you though

Hahahahaha Will be well and truly checked..... .or maybe just get someone else to feed us.............now thats a plan!! hahahaha

belzi82
10th November 2011, 07:51 PM
I have been wanting to tell you for a while but it has taken this long to get all to fall into place.

Sat and Sun with you guys leave Mon morning to drive home to be back at work on Thursday morning.

Wow, you should get the award for a dedicated forum member!!! You have made my night!
Which way will you be coming on the Friday from Horsham???

snicko
10th November 2011, 07:57 PM
Wow, you should get the award for a dedicated forum member!!! You have made my night!
Which way will you be coming on the Friday from Horsham???

I'm at work at the moment and don't have the maps in front of me. So when I get home I will post what I have worked out so far.

belzi82
10th November 2011, 08:00 PM
I'm at work at the moment and don't have the maps in front of me. So when I get home I will post what I have worked out so far.

okay sounds good. I can't wait to meet you.

Bob
10th November 2011, 08:00 PM

Bendigo is 200 K's from Horsham and I could meet you in Bendigo on Friday Morning sometime and we can travel accross to Mansfield during the aftrenoon to meet everybody at Mirimbah at 6pm. Approx 2 1/2 hours from Bendigo

belzi82
10th November 2011, 08:09 PM
Bendigo is 200 K's from Horsham and I could meet you in Bendigo on Friday Morning sometime and we can travel accross to Mansfield during the aftrenoon to meet everybody at Mirimbah at 6pm. Approx 2 1/2 hours from Bendigo

cool thanks Bob, hopefully that helps Snicko!

Maxhead
10th November 2011, 08:14 PM
Good to hear Snicko, we'll see yous next week...

snicko
10th November 2011, 08:22 PM

Excellent. We will do that...........I am so excited now that you guys all know we are coming it now feels real!!

Before we leave on Wed Bob I will PM you to get a phone number from you so I can ring you when we leave Horsham.

AB
11th November 2011, 09:10 AM
Umm might be a slight change of plans for Rossco and I....lol

We are both taking the Friday off work so we might head up at sparrows on Friday morning and set up camp.

At least this way we can get fire wood and a perfect camp spot ready for you guys on dusk....

Bob
11th November 2011, 09:15 AM

We are both taking the Friday off work so we might head up at sparrows on Friday morning and set up camp.

At least this way we can get fire wood and a perfect camp spot ready for you guys on dusk....

That is good. Does Rossco know where the King Hut Camp Site is ??

About a Trailer Load of Wood should be enough for Friday Night LOL

AB
11th November 2011, 09:19 AM
That is good. Does Rossco know where the King Hut Camp Site is ??

About a Trailer Load of Wood should be enough for Friday Night LOL

Yes mate, Rossco knows the area very well so we'll be ok.

Is it a big camp site? Any particular spot there you want us to camp or just grab the best suited?

Bob
11th November 2011, 09:24 AM
Yes mate, Rossco knows the area very well so we'll be ok.

Is it a big camp site? Any particular spot there you want us to camp or just grab the best suited?

It is a reasonable size Site. The area around the old Hut is fenced off. There was a Toilet down near the First River Crossing and we could Camp back from that on the side of the Track from the Burnt out Hut Site.
But you should be able to find a suitable Site.

Channel 17 UHF ??

I am taking my Camper Van.

People I know that are coming

Rossco
Andy
Roofy
Belz
Kat
Snicko
Fletch
Bob

also Kris

AB
11th November 2011, 09:30 AM
No probs, yes lets stick to channel 17....

AB
11th November 2011, 09:31 AM
Also Kris (Nisspat)

Maxhead
11th November 2011, 10:00 AM
Yep, I'll be on 17 and will be leaving ACT first light so hopefully be there just after lunch.

Andy, if you got wood sorted I won't bring my saw

AB
11th November 2011, 10:08 AM
I'll get Rossco to bring his saw.

belzi82
11th November 2011, 10:28 AM

Cool, I have Friday off as well and didn't want to get up to the camp site on my own. I will probably see you guys up there in the afternoon then!!
Hopefully the weather will be great and we will all have a great weekend

belzi82
11th November 2011, 10:29 AM
People I know that are coming

Rossco
Andy
Roofy
Belz
Kat
Snicko
Fletch
Bob

also Kris

Timbo is also on my list!

AB
11th November 2011, 10:46 AM
Timbo is also on my list!

Timbo is in love and not coming anymore....lol

Maxhead
11th November 2011, 06:31 PM
Timbo is in love and not coming anymore....lol

Timbo, Timbo, Timbo, what are you doing mate? Giving up a forum meet up for love...geez get your priorities right!!...lolOLOLOLololOLololOlOLOlOLo
all good mate, we'll catch up on the next one mate

big_fletch
11th November 2011, 06:57 PM
Shame timbo was looking forward to meeting up with ya again.. Knowing us Victorians I'm sure there will another chance very soon lol..

On a side note, upgraded my recovery points, got a new air compressor and winch acc (snatch blocks, tree truck protectors ect) today so I'm all set for this trip.. Only thing left to be ready is the slab of Jack Daniels LOL

Maxhead
11th November 2011, 07:12 PM
Does any one know if there is a track/tracks from Omeo or Hotham Hights to Mt Buller/Craigs hut??? Thinking of doing the whole trip through the mountains... I know the way to Omeo but not sure after that

Sir Roofy
11th November 2011, 09:22 PM
Sniicko well done mate looking forward to catching up
new we could get you over for at least one meet up

snicko
11th November 2011, 09:47 PM
Sniicko well done mate looking forward to catching up
new we could get you over for at least one meet up

Took a lot of persuading!! Can't wait...5 sleeps!! (before we leave)

I read you guys are doing a camp roast well we have a camp oven that we could bring.

Any requests for what to put in it??

Also anything special we need to bring as we don't know the country side??

belzi82
11th November 2011, 09:52 PM
Took a lot of persuading!! Can't wait...5 sleeps!! (before we leave)

I read you guys are doing a camp roast well we have a camp oven that we could bring.

Any requests for what to put in it??

Also anything special we need to bring as we don't know the country side??

There are lots of hoop snakes in the area!!

AB
11th November 2011, 10:04 PM
Does any one know if there is a track/tracks from Omeo or Hotham Hights to Mt Buller/Craigs hut??? Thinking of doing the whole trip through the mountains... I know the way to Omeo but not sure after that

Not sure bud...I can ask a couple of people this weekend who know the area well....i'll get back to you.

Maxhead
11th November 2011, 10:44 PM
Not sure bud...I can ask a couple of people this weekend who know the area well....i'll get back to you.

Yeah mate, that would be good. I'm thinking of doing Tom Groggin track from Thredbo onto Omeo then through to Craigs hut, I know the tom groggin takes 5 hrs so it might be out of my reach but I will have plenty of time

AB
11th November 2011, 10:48 PM
I reckon we'll be there at around 10-11am mate. Come down the highway and meet up with Rossco and I and we can start early...LMAO

Maxhead
11th November 2011, 10:55 PM
I reckon we'll be there at around 10-11am mate. Come down the highway and meet up with Rossco and I and we can start early...LMAO

ok done!!!!!! lolololool

Bob
11th November 2011, 10:57 PM
ok done!!!!!! lolololool

I really think that that is your best option Kris as you dont know if all the Tracks are open as there is still a fair amount of damage from the Floods earlier in the Year

AB
11th November 2011, 10:58 PM
ok done!!!!!! lolololool

Easily persuaded...lol

Nah mate, we'll set up camp, quickly get some wood then do some exploring and then have a few dozen quiet ones in the river waiting for the others...We can play river cricket too...LMAO

Bob
12th November 2011, 08:26 AM
Catering for Trip

Their are 5 Batchelors 1 Spinster and three elderly couples LOL so 12 people

We are having a Camp Oven Roast on the Saturday night which I am bringing the Roasts and Andy is bringing the Vegies.

I suggest that everybody bring their own Food for the rest of the Meals as it would require a fair bit of organisation to purchase for everyone.

What does everybody think of this idea.

PS Can you bring your Camp Oven Snicko

Maxhead
12th November 2011, 08:37 AM
Easily persuaded...lol

Nah mate, we'll set up camp, quickly get some wood then do some exploring and then have a few dozen quiet ones in the river waiting for the others...We can play river cricket too...LMAO

Yeah, sounds like the plan. As Bob said, never know which tracks are closed.....so the highway it is..............

As far as a few dozen quiet ones...I'm not sure!! A dry weekend for me mate....BWAhahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Maxhead
12th November 2011, 08:41 AM
Catering for Trip

We are having a Camp Oven Roast on the Saturday night which I am bringing the Roasts and Andy is bringing the Vegies.

I suggest that everybody bring their own Food for the rest of the Meals as it would require a fair bit of organisation to purchase for everyone.

No probs Bob, sounds good...can't wait for the roast!!!!

big_fletch
12th November 2011, 09:56 AM
Catering for Trip

Mmmmmmmmm camp roast is my favorite.. I think its a good idea Bob.. Also make sure everyone brings sufficient drinking water.. Not long to go now everyone, so far sounds like will be an awesome trip with plenty of scenic photos and great tracks