PDA

View Full Version : Sub Tank warning light

Jock
8th September 2011, 08:35 AM
I purchased a 2010 3l ST with 65K on the clock a week ago. Had the RAA check it out at a cost of $232. Report shows no mechanical problems. Paid and took possesion and going through the owners manual and vehicle noticed Sub Tank warning light was on. Took it to Nissan dealer Southern Suburbs of Adelaide on Monday. They initially could not find reason for problem. Now they say previous owner (Govt) may have cut into electrical system to add options and altered the impeadances in circuit. St is still there under new car warranty. I will repost outcome.

Enjoy !

Bigrig
8th September 2011, 09:26 AM
My question would be, why? Why was it done? Answer that one and maybe the result could be the answer as to what to do to change it back?

Maybe? Good luck with it mate.

YNOT
8th September 2011, 09:47 AM
Have a read of this thread; http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?503-Sub-fuel-tank-light-issues

You'll probably have a better idea of how to fix it than your Nissan Dealer!

Tony

Yendor
8th September 2011, 11:19 AM
If the problem was caused by something the previous owner has done.

Now they say previous owner (Govt) may have cut into electrical system to add options and altered the impeadances in circuit. St is still there under new car warranty.

Then no, it wont be covered under Nissan warranty.

But it might be covered under the vehicle statutory warranty.

Jock
9th September 2011, 03:42 PM
After 4.5 days at nissan dealer and many tests dealer discovered harness to top of sub tank missing.They reckon something had caught on the tailshaft and pulled the harness out. The $748 bill was covered by the used car warranty. Everything working beautifully. Am now going to play with my new toy.

Enjoy!