PDA

View Full Version : DD Dirty Wheels

Dirty Driver
7th September 2011, 11:09 PM
Folks,

This not the best photo of my GU.:SNruQWn369624407:

This is what happens when you're not pay attention to the road and thinking about of all things work!!!:1087:

End result is a vary sad looking bullbar, a steering tie rod that's bent like a banana and a bruised ego...

Arhh well, no one was hurt and life will go on...

I still trying to dig out a photo of my old GQ. They're proving to be elusive at present.

:cheers:

DD

nowoolies
7th September 2011, 11:10 PM
Folks,

This not the best photo of my GU.:SNruQWn369624407:

This is what happens when you're not pay attention to the road and thinking about of all things work!!!:1087:

End result is a vary sad looking bullbar, a steering tie rod that's bent like a banana and a bruised ego...

Arhh well, no one was hurt and life will go on...

I still trying to dig out a photo of my old GQ. They're proving to be elusive at present.

:cheers:

DD
bugga not good at all mate

you ok ??????

Silver
7th September 2011, 11:11 PM
Crikey! Hope you are ok.

Dirty Driver
7th September 2011, 11:18 PM
Yes thanks NW.
Went into the ditch at about 20 - 30 Km/H.
It's a piece of road I've driven heaps of times and gone through the corner at twice the speed (when I've been concentrating).
Bus is going in for repairs tomorrow with the local "black hander". He just nodding and said he could try and straighten the tie rod out like he does for so many local farmers who've done the same thing, but I've declined that offer in favour of having it replaced.
The bull bar has been remodelled (with the use of a crowbar) for now so it doesn't look as offensive to the eye. Will replace it with a steel version down the track.

DD

nowoolies
7th September 2011, 11:31 PM
Yes thanks NW.
Went into the ditch at about 20 - 30 Km/H.
It's a piece of road I've driven heaps of times and gone through the corner at twice the speed (when I've been concentrating).
Bus is going in for repairs tomorrow with the local "black hander". He just nodding and said he could try and straighten the tie rod out like he does for so many local farmers who've done the same thing, but I've declined that offer in favour of having it replaced.
The bull bar has been remodelled (with the use of a crowbar) for now so it doesn't look as offensive to the eye. Will replace it with a steel version down the track.

DD
cool .................glad all`s well mate

AB
8th September 2011, 08:36 AM
No good DD, but glad everyone is safe!

Woof
8th September 2011, 04:38 PM
So glad that you were not injured mate, cars can be fixed

Dirty Driver
8th September 2011, 08:44 PM
Local fellas have finished rattling spanners for the day. End result was a seriously bent tie rod (will try to get photo up soon) and a small amount of deformation in the steering arm but no cracks.
Tie rod has been replaced and I'll get another steering arm in the coming weeks so we can straighten up the steering wheel again.
The alloy bull bar is knackered, but given this component is only cosmetic, I'll look at replacing it some time down the track with a steel bar if possible.
Total cost to date, about $250 - $300. It's only money they say!!!

It just goes to show how strong the front end of these vehicles are... If I'd been in the better half's car (Ssangyong Rexton) I reckon the front of the car would have been a good couple of inches shorter and I'd be still washing the Airbag powder from behind my ears...

DD

Bigrig
8th September 2011, 08:55 PM
Too right mate - not as bad as it could have been, so some solace in that!!