PDA

View Full Version : Hi peeps

Timbo
20th May 2010, 10:45 AM
I have a '99 GU ST 2.8TD Wagon and it's a glorious white! I've had this GU for about 2 years, maybe a bit more. When I bought it, it had 17 cracks in the head! Shonky car dealers... they are still out there!

So because of that, I had an engine rebuild which cost $7500. I managed to get $2500 through the car dealers warranty. I fought the bastard for weeks and weeks to get that too. So all up cost me $5000 which is pretty good for a rebuild.

Then, not so long afterward, I rolled it! My luck just keeps getting worse. It was off the road for about a year while I fixed it. I chopped the roof off and welded a new one on with the help of a mate who is a professional panel beater. I've had to replace panels, strip the inside out and scrub it down because all of the gearbox oil came out through the gearbox onto the inside of the roof. I still to this day have a bit of an oily smell in the car but I think it's the carpet.

Anyway, she's back on the road now and going great. She's done 11,000km's, got a 3" suspension lift, 3" exhaust with no mufflers from the Turbo and 35" baja claws on black 15" Sunraysia rims.

I'll have to post some pics up soon.

AB
20th May 2010, 11:32 AM
Welcome to the community G-Unit.

Shame about the dodgy car dealer but 5k is not bad deal to get rebuilt again.

Post some pics for us to see when you get a chance.

Finly Owner
24th August 2010, 12:27 AM
Tim has just popped in to say Hi to G-Unit

locks
24th August 2010, 08:22 PM
Locks has also just popped in to say to G-Unit too :)

RustyNails
25th August 2010, 12:11 AM
Hey mr G man.

Paul