PDA

View Full Version : installing a ridge ryder in gu winch bar

beansathome
7th September 2011, 07:38 PM
just some quick advice is it safe to put the ridge ryder 9000 pound winch in upside down?
as the instructions say that it needs to be fed from the bottom but the rolers sit to high and lign up with it set in upside down ??

macca
7th September 2011, 07:45 PM
Had a warn upside down in my last 4B, got full of water and stuffed it. The drain holes didn't point to the bottom so water got in and stayed there.
Only found out about them when I bought a new winch.
It worked fine though so I guess yours will as well
Macca

beansathome
7th September 2011, 08:43 PM
Had a warn upside down in my last 4B, got full of water and stuffed it. The drain holes didn't point to the bottom so water got in and stayed there.
Only found out about them when I bought a new winch.
It worked fine though so I guess yours will as well
Macca

Thanks for the reply macca. The drain holes is what I first thought of but I can't find any I could b blind lol.

dasemm
7th September 2011, 08:55 PM
I put a 12000lb ryde ryder in my gu last weekend. I could not see any drain holes either.. you putting it in a nissan steel bar ?

macca
7th September 2011, 09:10 PM
In the Warn manual it said to take the motor off, there is a slot that is sealed with silicon and one that is not.
One of them has to be open and at the bottom and reseal the other with silicon.
No idea about what you have though.
Macca

beansathome
7th September 2011, 10:03 PM
I put a 12000lb ryde ryder in my gu last weekend. I could not see any drain holes either.. you putting it in a nissan steel bar ?

yep going into the steel bar. i got the 9000LB for round 300 cant remember exactly it was in there catalog a few weeks ago..

In the Warn manual it said to take the motor off, there is a slot that is sealed with silicon and one that is not.
One of them has to be open and at the bottom and reseal the other with silicon.
No idea about what you have though.
Macca

i should have taken some picks when it was apart.. i pulled both sides off i turned the clutch side so as it can be used maybe i should try figure out the same on the motor side.
might pull it apart again tomorrow and have a good look im a little worried about striping it down and not getting it back together again.