PDA

View Full Version : YNOT is dangerous

Finly Owner
13th August 2010, 10:15 PM
Well Tony after reading some your posts it could be deemed dangerous to be your friend. With tech knowledge and Mod advice you have and the close proximity to me , you could rub off on me. Only problem is my pockets aren't deep enough.

I think we need to sit by my fire and have a brew to chin wag about possibilities.

AB
13th August 2010, 10:19 PM
I agree Finly.

if Tony was close to my area I would pick his brain for hours on end.

Be glad your miles away from me Tony...haha

YNOT
13th August 2010, 11:01 PM
I've just been looking at a few other websites, come back to this one and there's a thread titled "YNOT is dangerous", WHAT THE ????
Thanks guys, I enjoy helping people with their fourby's, Patrols in particular. That's why the QLD Nissan Patrol club keep electing me as their technical advisor.
Having owned 4 Patrols so far, and worked on many more, I've built up a fair knowledge of them. Sites like this are a great source of information as well.
All the mods I've done have been on a reasonably tight budget, so plenty of research, second hand parts where possible, and doing nearly all the work myself. You don't necessarily need a big budget, but it will help with me being a bad influence!

Finly, I will have to catch up and have a beer with you soon. I nearly dropped in to your work on Thursday to say G'day, but my work phone rang and I had to go to an urgent breakdown.

Andy, I'm only a phone call away, and I can talk fourby's for hours.

I have a new project sitting in my shed, it's a Nissan but not a Patrol !

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx224/tonyh01/P1010669-1.jpg
This is Nugget, my Terrano.

Tony

Finly Owner
13th August 2010, 11:05 PM
too easy Tony PM u my Mob

AB
13th August 2010, 11:12 PM
Jimboomba. I just did a quote for your local primary school today. You guys have a wn50 wind rating which made my quote very expensive as we had to use 275mm poles for the shade sails @ 1.8 m deep...Now that's what I call a:hijacked:

YNOT
14th August 2010, 12:37 PM
PM's sent to Andy and Tim

patch697
14th August 2010, 12:53 PM
Tony If its OK with you I wouldn't mind jumping on this as you can never know to much (although knowing what I do gets me into all sorts of strife.......lol)

Cheers
Paul

YNOT
14th August 2010, 02:05 PM
PM sent Paul.

YNOT
14th August 2010, 02:44 PM
Cheers guys, I have more tech articles coming as time allows. They're articles that I wrote or compiled for my club website.

Tony

YNOT
14th August 2010, 05:41 PM
How many of you jokers are on facebook?
I just hijacked a thread about myself...:hijacked:

Tony

AB
14th August 2010, 07:33 PM
How many of you jokers are on facebook?
I just hijacked a thread about myself...:hijacked:

Tony

Im still on there but don't use it anymore. Too many crazy ex girlfriends and old school friends wanting to catch up and it got out of hand...haha

Woof
14th August 2010, 10:23 PM
I'm on FaceAche, not bad for keeping in touch with people you have not seen for years.

YNOT
23rd August 2010, 08:46 PM
So Tim, do you still think I'm dangerous now that you've met me?

Tony

Finly Owner
23rd August 2010, 10:28 PM
Well let's see....Bigger exhaust, turbo pressure gauge and bits. Then getting me sparked on idea of technicle 4WDing with coil sprung lifted 4B.

What do you think....? hahaha

Finly Owner
30th August 2010, 09:49 PM
I'm on facebook but can't get in. I had a different carrier and now I can't remeber my password and can't have it sent to me. Have asked FB 3 times to help to no avail.

And Tony still happy to have you come over after the trip

YNOT
30th August 2010, 11:11 PM
That was a bad joke I put in. Girl friend is not pregnant (wife would not be happy if she was!), and not going over seas. I'll change it to something else.

Tony

Finly Owner
31st August 2010, 12:11 AM
wife would be unhappy if she was preggers or if girlfriend was preggers?
PML

Finly Owner
18th December 2010, 12:45 AM
Tony has struck again. While visiting he looks over Finlys' heart, and says ooh, you've got a head gasket gone. And your power steer belt is in need of replacing.

I new there was oil leak there, but was un able to assertain where it was coming from. Everything else has been going as well as expected, so haven't lifted bonnet for a while. Hence the unnoticed belt.

But it's all good Tony Mate, I am now thinking the head may save me a whole rebuild. And I am going to check all the belts properly.
Don't stop looking for ways to improve life of Finly

Tim

Bigrig
18th December 2010, 12:54 AM
I'll add to that ... as some of you know, I completed a 2536 kilometre trip last week, and this week headed out to Tim's to catchup - Tony was there also and I asked him to have a quick squiz under the bonnet as there was a slight whining sound (not Tim talking lolol) just above idle which I thought could be water pump. Tony susses it out with his trusty stethoscope (long chisel tip screwdriver), and low and behold says (and I quote) "you're alternator is noisier than your water pump" ... soooo ... not 48 hours later the alternator dies!!!! Just did a killer trip, car runs like a dream, Tony touches it, gives it the kiss of death, and it costs me $800 for a new 110amp Hitachi alternator being fitted today!!!! Thanks old mate ... please don't look under my bonnet any more!! *LMFAO* ...

YNOT
18th December 2010, 08:04 AM
Oooops! Did the new alternator fix the noise?

Jimmyjack brought his Patrol around to my place yesterday for me to have a look at his injector pump............... we'll see what happens!

Tony

Bigrig
18th December 2010, 10:48 AM
Oooops! Did the new alternator fix the noise?

Jimmyjack brought his Patrol around to my place yesterday for me to have a look at his injector pump............... we'll see what happens!

Tony

I'll let you know in a couple of hours mate - haven't picked it up yet as I got the radiator done also - full alloy number so hopefully things will be somewhat 'cooler' for Tank from now on!! Tomorrow should give him a workout to test things anyway!!!

Finly Owner
18th December 2010, 11:30 PM
Tony you can look under my hood any day mate, but one day you better have spanners at the ready

LOL

YNOT
19th December 2010, 12:14 AM
Thanks Tim, spanners are always ready, even if I'm not!

Tony

Dhuck
19th December 2010, 12:31 AM
But he needs a winch to be really ready for an interesting day or at least a bit of bar work

Finly Owner
19th December 2010, 11:34 PM
Who Tony or Me?