PDA

View Full Version : Just Joined

Woof
3rd June 2010, 06:46 PM
Hi all, my name is Wayne and I live in Mandurah WA, I am the Vice President of the Western Patrol Club Inc over here.
Currently own a 1990 GQ Patrol with the following mods:

TD42 with DTS aftermarket turbo kit and custom air to air intercooler
-3" exhaust
-Has new custom built fuel pump from united fuel injection
-Dual batteries
-Lightforce 240 spotties
-Opposite lock winch bar with 12,000lbs winch with synthetic rope
-Uhf
-Couplertec electronic rust protection kit
-Pyro and boost gauges... and now a aux battery Voltmeter plus all 3 mounted in a binnacle
-4" Tough Dog suspension with snake lower adjustable control arms,panhards etc and RTC damper
-35" BFG mudders on 15x8 black kings rims
-4.6 Diff centres and re shimmed Lsd...
-ARB Front Air Locker
-ARB Under bonnet Air Compressor
-Outback draw system
-XLR8 steps/sliders
-Rear light bracket with 2 lights
-Sony CD player
-Cargo barrier
-Central locking
-Aux 12V sockets front and rear
-60L Drop Down Fridge Slide

Thanks to Andrew for letting me know of this site.
Photo of the "Q"
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm190/Uriah57/Image0002-1.jpg

BLACK-GU
3rd June 2010, 06:56 PM
Nice setup Dogman!

I must be getting too old (or out of the scene too long) but Iv'e never seen synthetic rope on winch systems.

Makes perfect sense though, the old cable twisting and kinking used to give me the sh*its!

AB
3rd June 2010, 07:11 PM
No problem Wayne, welcome to the community!

I posted a thread here (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?58-Australian-4x4-Clubs-Information.)and there was a small chat here (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?57-Hello-from-sunny-Karratha) from some of our members in regards to all the 4x4 clubs around Australia and how some of us are finding it hard to get the latest info about trips and meetings etc.

I got a few emails from members about how a lot of the sites are down or unusable, etc.

Just a thought but if any of your individual clubs are struggling to keep their members informed of events, meetings and trips, etc then they are more than welcome to use this site as a discussion and "go to" site for updates on their club.

If it catches on I'll be more than happy to create a categorie for each state and the clubs involved to have their own section for discussions.

Woof
3rd June 2010, 07:13 PM
Hi Black-GU, thanks for the comments mate, yeah the synthetic ropes are used by the comp trucks but are getting fairly common on your everyday 4x4s now.

Woof
3rd June 2010, 07:18 PM
No problem Wayne, welcome to the community!

I posted a thread here (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?58-Australian-4x4-Clubs-Information.)and there was a small chat here (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?57-Hello-from-sunny-Karratha) from some of our members in regards to all the 4x4 clubs around Australia and how some of us are finding it hard to get the latest info about trips and meetings etc.

I got a few emails from members about how a lot of the sites are down or unusable, etc.

Just a thought but if any of your individual clubs are struggling to keep their members informed of events, meetings and trips, etc then they are more than welcome to use this site as a discussion and "go to" site for updates on their club.

If it catches on I'll be more than happy to create a categorie for each state and the clubs involved to have their own section for discussions.

Thanks Andy, we have only just re-vamped our website and I still have a bit to do to complete it but we are getting there.
The club has only been going for a bit over 2 years and we already have 73 financial members, all Nissan Patrol, Mavericks and Safari owners.
Wayne

AB
3rd June 2010, 07:28 PM
Nice work Wayne, PM me if you need help mate we have a lot of knowledgable staff behind us with web developing, etc so don't hesitate to yell out if you need help mate We're happy to help!

There's a lot of web designers out there ripping people off and not making sites user friendly so just let me know!

Cheers.

DX grunt
3rd June 2010, 09:07 PM
Welcome to the forum Wayne.

Ross
DX grunt

Timbo
4th June 2010, 07:10 AM
Thanks Andy, we have only just re-vamped our website and I still have a bit to do to complete it but we are getting there.
The club has only been going for a bit over 2 years and we already have 73 financial members, all Nissan Patrol, Mavericks and Safari owners.
Wayne

That is good stuff! Wouldn't mind joining a 4wd club here in Vic because it sounds pretty damn good!

Top truck dogman.. GQ's imo are the staple Nissan Patrol with the GU being the luxury model and the MQ being the base model. The GQ is a great mix of both.. such a tough 4wd. Yours is awesome man, love all of the mods. Gotta be wrapt.

Cheers

Finly Owner
23rd August 2010, 11:19 PM
We already know each other Doggie..... Tim

RustyNails
25th August 2010, 12:39 PM
Hi Doggy, sorry I missed your intro before

Rusty