PDA

View Full Version : The forgotten Patrols in Costa Rica...

Patrol Tico
1st September 2011, 12:25 PM
Well, just as I write it...

Here in CR we have been forgotten by Nissan. Today I went to buy the brake hoses (front) for my Y60 and they don't have them...I tried to buy the master cylinder's kit and they don't have it... I wanted then to buy the whole master cylinder and guess what? they don't have it.... I went to a bunch of other places where I thought I could buy these parts and nothing. So I wonder, since I first had a Patrol 1986 SD33 and I could almost always find whatever I needed, now I own a ten years younger car and they don't have anything and if they do is horrible expensive. Those hoses that I am talking about are US$30 each!!!
Now, I think I red here some place that a convertion can be made, let me explain: I can put the booster and master cylinder of a Y61 (GU) on a Y60 (GQ), now, is this correct? Would I see a big difference in the braking department of my Y60? this is a very heavy car and we have spent some money and time in making this car to brake as it is suppoused. Any help is very welcome. PT

YNOT
1st September 2011, 04:04 PM
I've never put Y60 and Y61 master cylinders side by side to see if the bolt pattern and pipe layout is the same, if they are the same and it can be bolted up the next issue will be bore/piston size. All Y61 in Australia (may be different in other markets) ran twin piston front brakes so the master cylinder is likely to have a larger bore which may throw out the front/rear brake balance, unless you are lucky enough to have a Y60 with similar twin piston front brakes - only fitted to 4.2 EFI Y60 in Oz.

Tony

Patrol Tico
2nd September 2011, 12:11 PM
Thanks a ton Tony!
Today we are trying very hard to adjust the brakes and no good luck but a ''spongy'' pedal...I've red a lot on that here today but now I will have to see what I can apply tomorrow morning when we try again with the master cylinder, we put a new replacement kit there and bled the whole system but is stobourn.

ablast
21st September 2011, 12:56 PM
As far as the hoses go you can call in a mobile hose man that does hydraulic lines. I have not bought a genuine hose for more than 25 years and have owned heavy equipment including prime movers, excavation equipment and factory engineering equipment. A good hydraulic hose man will manufacture the hoses you need with the correct size hoses fittings at your vehicle. The hoses are stronger and cheaper than original parts. Of course you would only do this when your vehicle is out of warranty.

Hope this helps.

Finly Owner
21st September 2011, 10:02 PM
Thanks a ton Tony!
Today we are trying very hard to adjust the brakes and no good luck but a ''spongy'' pedal...I've red a lot on that here today but now I will have to see what I can apply tomorrow morning when we try again with the master cylinder, we put a new replacement kit there and bled the whole system but is stobourn.
Reverse bleed it, are you used to the terminollogy of this?

Tim

twinotter600
12th November 2011, 10:21 AM
I have all the seals for the brake system. Let me know if you need.

ShuttleVan1
18th January 2012, 12:23 PM
Welcome to Central America Tico, TRY Grupo Q in Honduras 504-2290-3700 or 2235-9290

en espanol claro!!!

Dirtydog16
18th February 2012, 01:55 PM
You may be also able to order and have them shipped to you without all the mucking about.

For example you could try ebay.com.au as there are some genuine Australian companies that try and increase their potential market by selling their products on ebay Australia and I have bought headlights, swaybar link pins, bonnet bump stops, etc and I have been happy so far.

Might be another option for you to follow up.