PDA

View Full Version : 4WD ACTION Mag, Looking for GQ or GU for an adventure next week near Sydney/Newcas

Jason L
1st September 2011, 12:03 PM
G'day all,

Just would like to introduce myself, My name is Jason Liddell, I'm the newly appointed Customs Vehicle Coordinator for Australian 4WD Action Magazine.

We are currently on the look out for a GQ (preferably) or a GU for a 4 day trip next week from Tuesday 6th to Friday 9th September. Sorry for the short notice.

If anyone has a nice wagon tourer with 33 perferably and all the bells and whistles, can you please reply here with some pictures.

We want to Photograph for an up coming magazine plus a DVD.

So here is your chance to show up your mates and get featured.

Even if you can't make the trip, please post some images up for future magazines.

Thanks,
Jason Liddell.
jason@4wdaction.com.au

JoeG
1st September 2011, 12:17 PM
Hi Jason
I've got a 2010 GU stretched with slide on Camper and front diff lock and 33"s
we no longer work (so could come) but are more off road drivers than hard core drivers you can see pics on my profile
Joe

AB
1st September 2011, 12:18 PM
Welcome to the forum Jason, sounds like a good opportunity for a member or two, hopefully you get someone to come along.

If someone from the forum joins your group on the trip please don't forget to mention the forum in the magazine write up too mate!

More then happy to deck out the chosen member's vehicle with NissanPatrol.com.au stickers if they wish, just PM me if you are chosen!

MudRunnerTD
1st September 2011, 12:49 PM
G'day Jason and welcome to our forum mate,

Some good people here and some good cars

I am not available for a mid week trip next week but would be happy to sort something else out with you if your interested in my GQ, here is a pic and if you click on my build thread in my Sig line you will find my ground up restoration of it.

http://nissanpatrol.com.au/images/Stripping%20the%20GQ/GQ%20gauges%20and%20stuff/GQ%20Done/IMG_0517-1.jpg

Thanks for looking and thanks for asking. We are the converted here and love the Nissans

Cheers Darren

growler2058
1st September 2011, 01:26 PM
Gday Jason welcome aboard mate theyre a good mob here. You guys should get down to Loveday 4wd adventures then i could get in your mag:D

Jason L
1st September 2011, 03:10 PM
G'day Jason and welcome to our forum mate,

Some good people here and some good cars

I am not available for a mid week trip next week but would be happy to sort something else out with you if your interested in my GQ, here is a pic and if you click on my build thread in my Sig line you will find my ground up restoration of it.

http://nissanpatrol.com.au/images/Stripping%20the%20GQ/GQ%20gauges%20and%20stuff/GQ%20Done/IMG_0517-1.jpg

Thanks for looking and thanks for asking. We are the converted here and love the Nissans

Cheers Darren

Darren,

Are you sure, very nice looking rig, seriously mate if you can get the time off, you will have a ball, photo shoot, video and all with the Australian 4WD Action Magazine, what is the logo on front windscreen blurred out?

Jason L
1st September 2011, 03:11 PM
Mate, you just never know, we do end up all over Aus, so send some clean pics (if you have any, lol)

Jason L
1st September 2011, 03:13 PM
Welcome to the forum Jason, sounds like a good opportunity for a member or two, hopefully you get someone to come along.

If someone from the forum joins your group on the trip please don't forget to mention the forum in the magazine write up too mate!

More then happy to deck out the chosen member's vehicle with NissanPatrol.com.au stickers if they wish, just PM me if you are chosen!

AB,
Yeah that shouldn't be a problem, stickers are ok as well, not to many though, we don't want it plastered

Jason L
1st September 2011, 03:16 PM
Hi Jason
I've got a 2010 GU stretched with slide on Camper and front diff lock and 33"s
we no longer work (so could come) but are more off road drivers than hard core drivers you can see pics on my profile
Joe

JoeG,

This is not a hardcore article, its more about tourers, etc. And It sounds like it could work, Photos would be great, what have you done to it, other then the camper, which if you do join us we would most likely want it on.
can you post some pics, or send them to my email address jason@4wdaction.com.au

MudRunnerTD
1st September 2011, 03:40 PM
Darren,

Are you sure, very nice looking rig, seriously mate if you can get the time off, you will have a ball, photo shoot, video and all with the Australian 4WD Action Magazine, what is the logo on front windscreen blurred out?

Hey Jason, yeah mate, to be honest i did not see the title of this thread mate, i am in Geelong Victoria so a quick trip to Newcastle is just not going to happen. lol.

I'd be keen though if you ever get down this way. The sticker on the windscreen is a club sticker but has since been removed, I blurred it out for a bit of security to be honest.

any time you want to come down this way i can get you out in the bush for some fun maybe. Happy to get my GQ into your mag mate, i have a pretty cool GUIV too ;)

http://nissanpatrol.com.au/images/GU%20IV/DSC_5056_2.jpg?t=1293705352

more of the GQ

http://nissanpatrol.com.au/images/Stripping%20the%20GQ/GQ%20gauges%20and%20stuff/GQ%20Done/IMG_0516-1.jpg

http://nissanpatrol.com.au/images/Stripping%20the%20GQ/GQ%20gauges%20and%20stuff/GQ%20Done/IMG_0515-1.jpg

Jason L
1st September 2011, 04:15 PM
Hey Jason, yeah mate, to be honest i did not see the title of this thread mate, i am in Geelong Victoria so a quick trip to Newcastle is just not going to happen. lol.

I'd be keen though if you ever get down this way. The sticker on the windscreen is a club sticker but has since been removed, I blurred it out for a bit of security to be honest.

any time you want to come down this way i can get you out in the bush for some fun maybe. Happy to get my GQ into your mag mate, i have a pretty cool GUIV too ;)

http://nissanpatrol.com.au/images/GU%20IV/DSC_5056_2.jpg?t=1293705352

more of the GQ

http://nissanpatrol.com.au/images/Stripping%20the%20GQ/GQ%20gauges%20and%20stuff/GQ%20Done/IMG_0516-1.jpg

http://nissanpatrol.com.au/images/Stripping%20the%20GQ/GQ%20gauges%20and%20stuff/GQ%20Done/IMG_0515-1.jpg

Yeah I prob should have picked up on that as well, hey send some pics clean and out and about to my email address, I think there would be spot in our mag.
email: jason@4wdaction.com.au . also mention that you are from this forum, I'm always 100 of emails daily

Jas

Bigrig
1st September 2011, 04:26 PM
G'day Jason (not related to Peter Liddell by any chance??).

Where's the trip to/from? I'm out on the road at the moment, but hopefully someone else can cut and paste my build thread up here for me ...(Please!! lol)

I'd be interested and have a few more things happening in the coming weeks also (turbo engine punching out 200 + rear wheel kw's, long range fuel, wolf ECU, TigerzII 12000lb winch, etc). Currently has:

5" lift (snake racing springs, tough dog shocks)
Dropboxes
TJM Prolocker in front (ARB compressor though under passenger seat)
Marks 85% reduction gears
33" Bighorns (15" King Rims)
Custom front and rear bars
Rock sliders
Lightforce spots (genesis 240's; Stryker 170's
Ironman Drawer/Shelf System
Uniden UHF under passenger seat (remote console)
Ironman Snorkel
In car camera
SE lower control arms
SE upper adjustable control arms
SE adjustable panhards
Harris Hardcase Diff Protector (got to get that in there for ya Mal !!!!)
Rear quarter chop
LED entry lighting (all doors - aftermarket)
Etc, etc

Personally MR's truck is tougher looking and he got in first (damn you!!! lmao), but happy to be considered for future mags ... be kinda cool !!!

Only one catch, I'd have to be allowed to plug the forum!!!!

growler2058
1st September 2011, 04:47 PM
Heres the link to Big Rigs build thread on TANK http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?1654-quot-The-Tank-quot-Big-Grey-and-Ugly-..&highlight=tank+grey and heres mine a bit cleaner, 33's front Lokka Rear 1/4 cut 4"lift

Bigrig
1st September 2011, 05:05 PM
Heres the link to Big Rigs build thread on TANK http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?1654-quot-The-Tank-quot-Big-Grey-and-Ugly-..&highlight=tank+grey and heres mine a bit cleaner, 33's front Lokka Rear 1/4 cut 4"lift

Thanks mate!!

Jason L
1st September 2011, 05:20 PM
Thanks all for replying and we could probably shoot them in the future, but we need someone close to "SYDNEY or NEWCASTLE" that area. If you will allow me I will add to our database so when we are your way, we can organise a trip or at least a photo shoot for a feature in our mags.

04OFF
1st September 2011, 05:28 PM
The sticker on the windscreen is a club sticker but has since been removed, I blurred it out for a bit of security to be honest.

Psssss !......... you missed one (the last pic)

Hi Jason, welcome to the forum.

When you get to QLD, we have some great cars up here, and Scotty's Rig does look tuff in the flesh........

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/DA-TANK.jpg

XTC
1st September 2011, 05:38 PM
Jason I have a slightly modified GU Patrol wagon and live in the Hunter Valley. What dates are you looking to do your trip?

Here is a pic of my Patrol. If you want any more info on it please let me know. I can probably swing a bit of leave if you are keen to include my Patrol in your trip.

P.S. I have a set of 33" BFG muddies for play trips.

http://www.myswag.org/gallery/d/30020-1/Complete+004b.jpg

growler2058
1st September 2011, 07:59 PM
Thanks all for replying and we could probably shoot them in the future, but we need someone close to "SYDNEY or NEWCASTLE" that area. If you will allow me I will add to our database so when we are your way, we can organise a trip or at least a photo shoot for a feature in our mags.

Yeah sorry mate some of us are shockin hijackers (scotty) oops sheesh dun it again:1056:

Bigrig
1st September 2011, 08:58 PM
Yeah sorry mate some of us are shockin hijackers (scotty) oops sheesh dun it again:1056:

Why pointed at me?? Seriously ...

Anyway, back to the topic ... I was in the tackle shop yesterday and saw some awesome specials on Jarvis rods and reel combos for the kids, and ....

lmao

Sorry Jase - sad I know!! Be great if you get someone from the forum for next week ... be just as great if you get up this way and we get the opportunity as well ... Roothy isn't that far from us ... and the beers are always cold!!!

Dhuck
2nd September 2011, 07:25 AM
Why pointed at me?? Seriously ...

Anyway, back to the topic ... I was in the tackle shop yesterday and saw some awesome specials on Jarvis rods and reel combos for the kids, and ....

lmao

Sorry Jase - sad I know!! Be great if you get someone from the forum for next week ... be just as great if you get up this way and we get the opportunity as well ... Roothy isn't that far from us ... and the beers are always cold!!!

Here here. We are regularly out for a trip/play. You guys are more than welcome to come join in and see how the SE Qld mob do it.

Jason L
2nd September 2011, 08:45 AM
G'day Jason (not related to Peter Liddell by any chance??).

Where's the trip to/from?

Not related to Peter to my knowledge, I keep getting told our family is quite extensive and more then half I've never met, so sho knows

Trip is near Sydney

Jason L
2nd September 2011, 08:47 AM
Jason I have a slightly modified GU Patrol wagon and live in the Hunter Valley. What dates are you looking to do your trip?

Here is a pic of my Patrol. If you want any more info on it please let me know. I can probably swing a bit of leave if you are keen to include my Patrol in your trip.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/

Very nice truck Yeah the trip is next week from Tuesday 6th through to the 9th, sorry about the late notice, we did have someone they dropped out only yesterday.
Do you have a pic with you 33' tyres on for play?

Jason L
2nd September 2011, 08:50 AM
Here here. We are regularly out for a trip/play. You guys are more than welcome to come join in and see how the SE Qld mob do it.

All good, if I'm ever up that way, I would love to join in,
When I see Roothy (um I still haven't met him, lol) ok I am new to this role, see what I can do.

DX grunt
2nd September 2011, 08:58 AM
G'day Jason

I'm in the process of getting a 3 metre annex to come off the left hand side of the truck and a 5m awning to go the length of the annex plus 2m to go across the back of the truck/awning made up for my ex Telstra 4.2 TDi ute - which should be finished in about a month.

I'm setting it up as a camper, with solar, etc.

Feel free to check out 'My Ride' and get back to me if I'm of any value. http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?139-DX-grunt...-in-the-flesh&highlight=grunt+flesh

PS. I tried to send some pics in for the monthly magazine competition, but my pics didn't get through for some reason. I tried twice. Words only, never came back, but pics bounced back.

Take care out there.

Rossco

Dhuck
2nd September 2011, 08:58 AM
All good, if I'm ever up that way, I would love to join in,
When I see Roothy (um I still haven't met him, lol) ok I am new to this role, see what I can do.

Excellent. We try to have Qld Forum members meet ups every 8 weeks or so. Our next trip I have actually planned also included any Northern NSW folk as this trip is to the Springs 4x4 Park close to the NSW/Qld border. However all the trips we plan are not just for the Qld contingent of the forum. These trips are organized for the purpose of getting out meeting new people, helping the less experienced and just having a great weekend. So if people want to do the travel, they are more than welcome. We also usually have a spare seat in any of the vehicles that join us.

Jason L
2nd September 2011, 09:08 AM

Has anyone got his contact number, or could call him and ask him to call us or email me (8719 3626) directly jason@4wdaction.com.au

AB
2nd September 2011, 09:14 AM
I'll send him a PM, he should see the message soon Jas and get in contact with you.

XTC
2nd September 2011, 11:18 AM
I've spoken to Jason now, thanks for the message AB.

Jason L
2nd September 2011, 11:47 AM

We have a Winner, thanks Gary, I sure hope you enjoy the trip, I'm sure it will be a great adventure, please let us all know (me and this forum) your experience on how it turned out. I'm personally looking forward to it.

Jas

AB
2nd September 2011, 12:04 PM
Well done Gary, hope you have a blast mate!!!

Wear that NissanPatrol.com.au shirt with pride mate and have fun!!!

MudRunnerTD
2nd September 2011, 06:36 PM
AB send him ups some stickers QUIK!

Good job Gary, have a great time mate.

Good on you Jason for acknowledging our forum mate. dont be a stranger.

Bigrig
2nd September 2011, 07:03 PM
Top stuff Gary!!! Enjoy it mate!!

Maxhead
2nd September 2011, 07:41 PM
Bloody sensational stuff Gary, go for gold mate and show this magazine what Patrols are all about...well done mate.
Thanks Jason for checking out the forum mate, I'm sure you'll be back to get more ....lol

XTC
2nd September 2011, 07:53 PM
Thanks everyone, I'm pumped about getting the opportunity to go away with these guys.

Looks like I just bought my NissanPatrol.com.au polo shirt in time.

Jason L
5th September 2011, 11:29 AM
AB send him ups some stickers QUIK!

Good job Gary, have a great time mate.

Good on you Jason for acknowledging our forum mate. dont be a stranger.

No Problem guys and gals,

I won't be a stranger, I'll keep coming back and posting etc.

I don't have a patrol, buy hey I'm not biased.

Good work here guys, and enjoy Gary, good to here you are stoked.

XTC
5th September 2011, 07:58 PM
I'm packed and ready to go. Looking forward to four days away camping and 4WD'n.

Bigrig
5th September 2011, 08:00 PM
I'm packed and ready to go. Looking forward to four days away camping and 4WD'n.

Good stuff mate!!! Have a blast and looking forward to the writeup and happy snaps!!

Maxhead
5th September 2011, 08:11 PM

Unreal mate. Enjoy and I'm sure we'll see lots of pics...lol

XTC
7th September 2011, 05:32 PM
Well, didn't get off to a very good start with me twisting a rear uni off on the first rock climb of the trip. Sourced a secondhand tailshaft and fitted it, and I was back in the action again. Only lost about 2 hrs of the trip.

Covered all sorts of terrain so far, and now heading south for some more action.

Bigrig
7th September 2011, 05:33 PM
Well, didn't get off to a very good start with me twisting a rear uni off on the first rock climb of the trip. Sourced a secondhand tailshaft and fitted it, and I was back in the action again. Only lost about 2 hrs of the trip.

Covered all sorts of terrain so far, and now heading south for some more action.

Not a good start mate ... but sounds sorted and can't wait to see the happy snaps!!

AB
7th September 2011, 08:07 PM

Shame mate, but glad you got it sorted quickly.

Can't wait for the photos and report either mate!!!

Jason L
8th September 2011, 04:28 PM
Shame mate, but glad you got it sorted quickly.

Can't wait for the photos and report either mate!!!

Congrads for sorting it out quickly and getting back on the track with them again. hope you are enjoying it.

XTC
8th September 2011, 08:59 PM
Home again now from the trip. I didn't take a lot of pics myself, but will try and find a couple tomorrow.

Covered almost 1000km in three days taking in all sorts of terrain from beach to bush. No more issues with the old Patrol thank god.

It was a good insight into what goes on behind the scenes for the magazine articles. Not sure when the pics from the trip will appear in the magazine, or the article on my Patrol. Jason L may be able to add a bit of light on the timing of this.

AB, I had my forum polo shirt on for many of the pics I was in, so hopefully the forum will get a bit of advertising.

Maxhead
8th September 2011, 09:01 PM
Great stuff mate, can't wait for the pics and NP shirts in the mag...lol

AB
8th September 2011, 09:08 PM
Great stuff, thanks for the plug mate!!!

Jason or anyone else, can you please let us know when this will be published too...Cheers!!!

Maxhead
8th September 2011, 09:37 PM
I've just seen this photo and I thought it might be appropriate

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a10/mattyfour/pichers1.jpg

AB
8th September 2011, 09:41 PM
Looks like a younger version of roothy on the right...lol

belzi82
8th September 2011, 09:43 PM
Looks like a younger version of roothy on the right...lol

Just needs a hat!

XTC
9th September 2011, 07:07 AM
Just needs a hat!

And a good feed!!!

Maxhead
9th September 2011, 07:43 AM
Anyone good with Photoshop, should put a nissanpatrol.com.au shirt on Roothy...LOL

XTC
9th September 2011, 07:49 AM
Didn't think the 2.8 had enough grunt!

Quick trip to All Four x 4 Spares Newcastle running on my front tailshaft and for $220 I fitted a secondhand replacement shaft on their driveway. I'll probably take the two shafts to a driveline specialist and they can make one good one up out of the two. I don't really know how much work the replacement one has done, and I'm not willing to take the risk when touring.

It was good service from All Four x 4 Spares, as I rang them from up in the Watagans and they had just finished removing the shaft when I rocked up to pick it up.

Bigrig
9th September 2011, 08:41 AM
It had it in it!!! No doubt!!! lol

Sheered straight through ... just goes to show - another example of Murphy having his way!!

Jason L
9th September 2011, 08:56 AM
glad you enjoyed it, the issue is outdrive your mates, so should see it in a few months, when I know the exact issue I will let you all know.

Bigrig
9th September 2011, 09:01 AM
glad you enjoyed it, the issue is outdrive your mates, so should see it in a few months, when I know the exact issue I will let you all know.

Thanks mate!!

Jason L
9th September 2011, 12:41 PM
Was it Big Rig or XTC that went out, or am I getting if wrong completely . lol. (I've got so many 4WD's to organise photography for, I forgot who it was)
Anyway can the driver of the GU that went out on the trip, send me an email: jason@4wdaction.com.au , so I can send you a technical sheet for you to fill out for your 4WD

AB
9th September 2011, 01:10 PM
It was XTC mate.

XTC
9th September 2011, 06:17 PM
Was it Big Rig or XTC that went out, or am I getting if wrong completely . lol. (I've got so many 4WD's to organise photography for, I forgot who it was)
Anyway can the driver of the GU that went out on the trip, send me an email: jason@4wdaction.com.au , so I can send you a technical sheet for you to fill out for your 4WD

E-mail sent Jason. Thought you were having a go at me there for a while when I read your post.

Jason L
26th September 2011, 04:55 PM
Gday Jason welcome aboard mate theyre a good mob here. You guys should get down to Loveday 4wd adventures then i could get in your mag:D

I've got a photographer coming to adelade soon, as there is plenty of awesome 4WD's down there. seriously that mud hole freaks me out.
did you actually just drive out of there? do you have lockers?

XTC
18th November 2011, 10:59 AM
For anyone interested, some of the write up from my trip away with the mag people will be in Issue 174 of 4WD Action. There are a few little pics in the "Fully Loaded" article in issue 173 also.

I have no idea of the content of the articles so please go easy on me when it comes out.

Here's the teaser from the back page of issue 173.

http://www.myswag.org/gallery/d/34300-1/am.jpg

Bigrig
18th November 2011, 11:44 AM
For anyone interested, some of the write up from my trip away with the mag people will be in Issue 174 of 4WD Action. There are a few little pics in the "Fully Loaded" article in issue 173 also.

I have no idea of the content of the articles so please go easy on me when it comes out.

Here's the teaser from the back page of issue 173.

Awesome - cant wait to suss it out.