PDA

View Full Version : GIC Camper Trailers

Cadbury
31st August 2011, 09:57 PM
Hi all,
I know this might not be the right place for it, but I am looking at getting a camper trailer. Has anyone got a GIC or know anyone who has? If so how are ther?
Cheers
Tim

dasemm
31st August 2011, 10:07 PM
I have a friend who has one, we took our campers to fraser island a couple of weeks ago. He has the alloy one, cost around 10k i think. Not too bad, some of the welding looks a bit weak or done in a hurry. Not everything lines up nicely either. The canvas is fairly light weight and all Chinese made. For the price you pay, you seem to get pretty good value, but I personally wouldn't buy one (I have a lifestyle camper) as I don't think it would make it across the Gibb River Road (next years trip).

You usually get what you pay for..

Darren

Maxhead
31st August 2011, 10:08 PM
Hi all,
I know this might not be the right place for it, but I am looking at getting a camper trailer. Has anyone got a GIC or know anyone who has? If so how are ther?
Cheers
Tim

I was looking at them when I bought mine year and a half ago. From the research I did they where pretty good for the price.
I ended up buying one from a company from Melbourne..the camper is now for sale...lol

Cadbury
31st August 2011, 10:24 PM
Thanks guys, I thought it could not be too bad with all the coverage they are getting in the 4wd action mags and dvd's

Dhuck
31st August 2011, 11:07 PM
I am also looking at one of these Cadbury. For the price you can't go wrong.

Bigrig
31st August 2011, 11:46 PM
I was looking at them when I bought mine year and a half ago. From the research I did they where pretty good for the price.
I ended up buying one from a company from Melbourne..the camper is now for sale...lol

Is it posted up on here mate? One of these lads or someone else on the forum may be interested in taking it off your hands.

Maxhead
1st September 2011, 06:58 AM
Is it posted up on here mate? One of these lads or someone else on the forum may be interested in taking it off your hands.

Yeah, I might do soon mate. Just got to get organised and find some photos or take some.

Cheers

Maxhead
1st September 2011, 07:08 AM
In the meantime there is some info on it here: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?943-Camper-Trailers&highlight=camper+trailer

EDIT: sorry for the hijack Cadbury....sort of on the GIC subject...lolo

macca
1st September 2011, 07:24 AM
Thanks guys, I thought it could not be too bad with all the coverage they are getting in the 4wd action mags and dvd's

Keep in mind these people are paying to promote their product with the mag.
Not saying its a bad camper or anything, but that mag have a history of talking stuff up.
Next month new advertiser and new best product IYKWIM.
A hands on look and compare can not be beaten, that show at Rosehill has plenty to compare. Imagine Brisbane show would be the same.
Found a web site of Australian CT manufacturers years ago, there were 148 listed!
Macca

YNOT
1st September 2011, 07:47 AM
Best bet is to have a close look at the them and compare them with other brands, from what I've heard their quality is below average.

Tony

rkinsey
1st September 2011, 01:12 PM
Hi all,
Cheers
Tim

Hi Cadbury,

I went to the 4X4 Show at Eastern Creek on the weekend and there were quite a few companies there selling their wares, including camper trailers. As we are also looking to buy one I spoke to most of the vendors there.

I found that most of the trailers and equipment were basically the same quality but prices varried wildly and some were down right decieving. "Starting from $1990.00"!!! then you have to buy the trailer and then the ..... etc you get the drift.

I did come accross Mike from MDC and these boys seem to be the real deal and relativley honest enough. Their packages are all complete and there seems to be no hidden catches. Have a look at their website http://www.marketdirectcampertrailers.com.au/

I'm looking at the Off Road T-Box V2 Camper Trailer myself and the missus even likes it... (Crikey!) just have to get het dollars together and we are away.

Cheers,

Rob

Cadbury
1st September 2011, 08:40 PM
Oh well I am going for it. I am placing the order tomorrow.
I will keep you all updated as to how we go with it.
Cheers
Tim

Bigrig
1st September 2011, 08:53 PM
Oh well I am going for it. I am placing the order tomorrow.
I will keep you all updated as to how we go with it.
Cheers
Tim

Fingers crossed mate - should be fine and be interested in seeing it in the flesh!

Cadbury
1st September 2011, 09:00 PM
Well now that rugby season is over I am free on weekends so keen to get out at least once a month.
I am heading out 30th Sep so I am keen to try it out.

Maxhead
1st September 2011, 09:15 PM
Well now that rugby season is over I am free on weekends so keen to get out at least once a month.

On ya mate, Love the attitude, "just get it and get out there",,,,lol

next step will be a caravan...hahahah

Cadbury
1st September 2011, 09:18 PM
One step at a time,
I am just upgrading from a tent to the camper, so a caravan is a few years off.
Cheers
Tim

Bigrig
1st September 2011, 09:23 PM

Where you headed? If invitation is open, we might be able to join you (even for a day or something for some wheeling and a coldie).

Cadbury
1st September 2011, 09:28 PM
Big 4 park in Tweed so not far at all.
As I say always a cold one for you mate.
Up to now I still have not been able to find out if you can drive on Kingscliff beach.

Bigrig
1st September 2011, 09:40 PM
Big 4 park in Tweed so not far at all.
As I say always a cold one for you mate.
Up to now I still have not been able to find out if you can drive on Kingscliff beach.

We'll find something ... Will let you know!!

Cadbury
3rd September 2011, 07:30 PM
Camper ordered yesterday.
Can,t wait to start setting it up the way I want it.

Bigrig
3rd September 2011, 09:32 PM

Looking forward to the happy snaps boss!!

Dhuck
4th September 2011, 09:49 AM
Let me know when you get it Cadbury. Will have to come and check it out.

Maxhead
4th September 2011, 11:32 AM

Good onya mate, now the fun begins ......lol....ENJOY!

rkinsey
9th September 2011, 01:46 PM

Hey Cadbury,

How did you get on?

Which camper did you pickup?

Cheers,

Rob