PDA

View Full Version : Expressions of Interest. S.E Qld and Northern N.S.W (The Springs 4X4 Park)

Dhuck
31st August 2011, 08:37 PM
This is going out to all Qld And N.S.W folk who are keen. We will still have to confirm a date.

This is to The Springs 4X4 Park.

Details as follows:

Situated on the New England Highway 25 Kilometers south of Warwick. At Warwick take the New England Highway to Stanthorpe. After approx 27 kms the property will be found on the left.

Amenities:

Modern toilet and shower block with real flush toilets!

A small kiosk with some of the things you may have forgotten including bread, milk and ice.
We also have Swap N Go Gas cylinders available at the Office.

The Springs offers differing standards of tracks for 4X4 enthusiasts. This ranges from simple touring to extreme hill climbs and rock tracks.
Your choice is dependant on your level of experience and confidence.

If you don't want to drive all day there are a number of natural attractions where you can stop, take a walk, have a BBQ or simply just admire the views.

Pricing:

4WD ONLY (DAY TRIP) $20.00 CAMPING PER NIGHT 2WD ONLY $20.00
ONE NIGHT CAMPING ONE DAY 4WD (24HR STAY) $35.00
ONE NIGHT CAMPING PLUS 2 DAYS 4WD $55.00
TWO NIGHTS CAMPING PLUS 2 DAYS 4WD $70. TWO NIGHTS CAMPING PLUS 3 DAYS 4WD $90.00
THREE NIGHTS CAMPING PLUS 3 DAYS 4WD $105.00

Dhuck +2 are a definite

Bigrig
31st August 2011, 08:45 PM
I'm in!!!! ....

frenzy
31st August 2011, 08:53 PM
Bring it on! I'm off to Straddie for first week of school hols, so that is out for me. Anyone keen for some camping, fishing and drinking at Straddie, let me know...

04OFF
31st August 2011, 09:04 PM
Put me down as in for da springs duckie. ;)

perhaps even a night on straddie ?

Dhuck
31st August 2011, 09:19 PM
This will be a trip for after the school holidays as there is some work being done on a couple of vehicles in 3 weeks. If we can get a good response to this we will work on a date.

Yendor
31st August 2011, 09:27 PM
You can count me in as well.

Dhuck
31st August 2011, 11:02 PM
Cool so far

Dhuck + 2
Bigrig + 3 or 5 and a Jeep thing (Possibly 2 extra vehicles, 4 adults and umpty dozen kids)
Frenzy + 3
04OFF
Yendor
Possibly Redmond (Adam my brother) + 1
Peacemaker + 5 with the C.V Destroyer
Possibly Cadbury
Mal + 1 (Possibly more)
Ryan + Pro Driver + Pro Passenger lol

Keep em coming peeps

Peacemaker
1st September 2011, 09:00 AM
Why would any one want to go out with a bunch if Nissan loving knuckle draggers, drinking p!ss, feasting on camp fire food, telling yarns, throwing there pride and joys around god knows what tracks, trying to see if they can almost destroy sh!t, show off who's got the bigger....... Flex and generally have a fat time? Sounds like a ball......... Count me in!+ 5.......... I'll register and pay.... Lmao. ........And I'll even bring the Tojo just in case you need to be recovered (+ a few extra CV's.)

Dhuck
1st September 2011, 09:49 AM
Why would any one want to go out with a bunch if Nissan loving knuckle draggers, drinking piss, feasting on camp fire food, telling yarns, throwing there pride and joys around god knows what tracks, trying to see if they can almost destroy shit, show off who's got the bigger....... Flex and generally have a fat time? Sounds like a ball......... Count me in!+ 5.......... I'll register and pay.... Lmao. ........And I'll even bring the Tojo just in case you need to be recovered (+ a few extra CV's.)

Cool another. So now you have registered, where is the payed bit.

Bigrig
1st September 2011, 10:43 AM
Why would any one want to go out with a bunch if Nissan loving knuckle draggers, drinking p!ss, feasting on camp fire food, telling yarns, throwing there pride and joys around god knows what tracks, trying to see if they can almost destroy sh!t, show off who's got the bigger....... Flex and generally have a fat time? Sounds like a ball......... Count me in!+ 5.......... I'll register and pay.... Lmao. ........And I'll even bring the Tojo just in case you need to be recovered (+ a few extra CV's.)

Have you registered and paid yet??? lmao

Private joke from the last trip people!!! We're not completely insane ... Note, I said "not completely" ... lol

Peacemaker
1st September 2011, 06:52 PM
Cool another. So now you have registered, where is the payed bit.

Next time your around "helping" with the gear box I'll give ya a deposit!

frenzy
1st September 2011, 07:00 PM
When I said I was in I should have included the fam as well. That's me + 3 then.

04OFF - We're camping on Flinders beach from 17-24 Sep. Come on down!

Cheers,

Steve

Dhuck
1st September 2011, 07:44 PM
Next time your around "helping" with the gear box I'll give ya a deposit!

You could always help me out with my 5th gear. lol

When I said I was in I should have included the fam as well. That's me + 3 then.

04OFF - We're camping on Flinders beach from 17-24 Sep. Come on down!

Cheers,

Steve

Cool the more the merrier

Bigrig
1st September 2011, 09:09 PM
I should have Hempo and Tash coming as well, and possibly my brother, his missus and his 72 kids (I've lost count ... I'm sure they live in a boot though!!! lmao). We'll have a couple of tag alongs also (people, without fourbies) ...

Cadbury
1st September 2011, 10:00 PM
That trip sounds good.
Another chance to dirty the new camper trailer.

Bigrig
1st September 2011, 10:02 PM
That trip sounds good.

Good stuff mate!!

It's building into another beauty dhuck!!

Dhuck
2nd September 2011, 07:18 AM
That trip sounds good.

So am I adding you to the list Cadbury?

Good stuff mate!!

It's building into another beauty dhuck!!

Certainly is mate. Will have to organize a date soon.

Peacemaker
2nd September 2011, 10:01 AM
What do ya need 5th for? Just chuck another box in there easy to do. Or better still put in an auto, there trouble free....... Pigs ass!

Dhuck
2nd September 2011, 10:51 AM
What do ya need 5th for? Just chuck another box in there easy to do. Or better still put in an auto, there trouble free....... Pigs ass!

Yeh I know a bloke that had nothing but trouble with an auto. LOL.
My 5th gear issue is apparently just a selector shaft, rod or something. 5th gear has not worked since my mate put the box in when he had the truck. By all accounts he says that it is not the 5th gear issue that the GU box had back in the day of stripping the splines. When I select 5th there is no noise but engine revs

Airstrike
2nd September 2011, 11:41 AM
Hi Dhuck has a date ben set yet for this trip?

Dhuck
2nd September 2011, 12:08 PM
Hi Dhuck has a date ben set yet for this trip?

Not as yet mate will sort one out soon. But will be after the school holidays

Airstrike
2nd September 2011, 12:14 PM
Ah good copy. Then we should be right once I have fixed the front end hassles. SO plenty of time.

Dhuck
2nd September 2011, 12:28 PM
Ah good copy. Then we should be right once I have fixed the front end hassles. SO plenty of time.

You need to stop that woman of yours driving it so hard when off road. She is showing you up but causing the truck grief. She will drive it anywhere while you sit in the passenger seat sucking on soft drink. lol

Bigrig
3rd September 2011, 10:39 AM
Bump

C'mon ... where's Silver, Mal, Nick, Murray and Dave (old mate! lol), Benny, Hekarewe, and all the other QLD contingent?? Surely you can put up with us once every few months!! lol

Airstrike
3rd September 2011, 01:08 PM
Yeah ur right she has no care for safety lol

Bigrig
3rd September 2011, 03:53 PM
Yeah ur right she has no care for safety lol

Bless her!!! lol ...

Dhuck
4th September 2011, 09:51 AM
Come on peeps. Is there going to be more interest.

Ben-e-boy
4th September 2011, 10:54 AM
i'm keen but ill have to work around a date though

macca86
4th September 2011, 11:06 AM
I shall make jenni and I available pending on her work rosters but we might not camp there as our friends 680 acre farm is literally next door( the driveway before the springs) So might go bunny shooting one day and 4wding the next keep me informed of the dates

Dhuck
4th September 2011, 03:10 PM
I shall make jenni and I available pending on her work rosters but we might not camp there as our friends 680 acre farm is literally next door( the driveway before the springs) So might go bunny shooting one day and 4wding the next keep me informed of the dates

Will sort out dates shortly. But am looking forward to another trip.

Mal H
5th September 2011, 08:58 AM
Mal and missus (Deidre) very keen, will check with Dean and family also.

Bigrig
5th September 2011, 09:02 AM
Mal and missus (Deidre) very keen, will check with Dean and family also.

Good stuff mate - hopefully I'll have new underbody (the rig, not me!! lol) protection by then!!

Whaddyayoureckon?? lol

nickpeacock36
5th September 2011, 09:10 AM
Bump

C'mon ... where's Silver, Mal, Nick, Murray and Dave (old mate! lol), Benny, Hekarewe, and all the other QLD contingent?? Surely you can put up with us once every few months!! lol

Sorry, i was just waiting for some dates. Of course were interested. Any idea yet Dave?

Dhuck
5th September 2011, 09:12 AM
This is turning out to be another great one. Roughly 30 people and a dozen or more cars.

OK I will throw up a couple of possible dates to start. The weekend of the 8th or 22nd of October. What are your thoughts? There is alot happening between now and then so earlier I think is a no go (will be for me anyway), but will try for a day trip before then if anyone is interested.

Bigrig
5th September 2011, 10:09 AM
The weekend of the 15th, 22nd or 29th of October are good for us - would prefer the 22nd though ... that's said, we'll go with the flow either way ...

Mal H
5th September 2011, 12:28 PM
Good stuff mate - hopefully I'll have new underbody (the rig, not me!! lol) protection by then!!

Whaddyayoureckon?? lol

I hope you do too mate. I have the prototype, I'll give you a call.

Re:meet-up dates 22nd Oct is good for us, def not 5th Nov if it gets that far.

Ben-e-boy
5th September 2011, 05:03 PM
Those dates are cool with me I just cant confirm There is a big job on up north about that time and I dont know if I will be up there yet. If im covering shift back home im in for sure

glasshouse day trip in a few weeks though???

macca86
5th September 2011, 05:46 PM
22 of october sounds good as weekend after we fly out to N.Z. for my mates wedding

Bigrig
5th September 2011, 06:53 PM
Those dates are cool with me I just cant confirm There is a big job on up north about that time and I dont know if I will be up there yet. If im covering shift back home im in for sure

glasshouse day trip in a few weeks though???

I'm up for glasshouse late Sept/early Oct for sure!!

Bigrig
5th September 2011, 06:54 PM
22 of october sounds good as weekend after we fly out to N.Z. for my mates wedding

I'm out now for the weekend after also - be outta town for three days, so the 22nd is shaping as the best bet ...

hekarewe
5th September 2011, 08:09 PM
keep me in the loop and i will decide when i see the dates

Dhuck
5th September 2011, 11:51 PM
Ok peeps it sounds like the 22nd is it. So lock it in one and all.

Peacemaker
6th September 2011, 12:20 AM
Well, we'll have to pull out of going, were going to cairns the weekend of the 15th/16th so it's to much for the month( especially with other things now coming up) :-(

Dhuck
6th September 2011, 07:15 AM
Damn. Will have to be next time. But you could still make the day trip

Bigrig
6th September 2011, 08:46 AM
Well, we'll have to pull out of going, were going to cairns the weekend of the 15th/16th so it's to much for the month( especially with other things now coming up) :-(

Weak ... and here I was thinking you were a bloke who'd have a dig!! How wrong was I?

Weak I say, weak!! lol

Dhuck
6th September 2011, 08:48 AM
Weak ... and here I was thinking you were a bloke who'd have a dig!! How wrong was I?

Weak I say, weak!! lol

It's all due to that ute and sedan he has in his back yard. Just soft

Bigrig
7th September 2011, 02:04 PM
Bump for some if the newer members and others who may have missed it ...

Peacemaker
7th September 2011, 06:35 PM
no its due to Mr porky pig and my X. If i dont have to spend thousands with lawyers( the poor under payed buggers) i might be able to afford 2 holidays in 1 month but the thought of spending time with you dhuck and scotty makes me think 1 holiday far away would be better....... lmao oh and dhuck what puiece of crap 4wd is sitting out the back uith a stuffed gearbox....again???? hmmmmmmmmm you coming Saturday to help( watch and drink beer) with the auto???

Bigrig
7th September 2011, 06:39 PM
no its due to Mr porky pig and my X. If i dont have to spend thousands with lawyers( the poor under payed buggers) i might be able to afford 2 holidays in 1 month but the thought of spending time with you dhuck and scotty makes me think 1 holiday far away would be better....... lmao oh and dhuck what puiece of crap 4wd is sitting out the back uith a stuffed gearbox....again???? hmmmmmmmmm you coming Saturday to help( watch and drink beer) with the auto???

Hahahaaha ... dems figtin' words fella ... don't cop that sort of touting in the face of the Pigtrol Dhuck!!!! lmao

BTW - glad you're not attending ...

Double BTW - See ya Saturday morning to sort the gearbox!! lol

Dhuck
7th September 2011, 10:29 PM

Mine is running fine mate don't need 5th around town and it sits out the front. But if your still having issues, I can come over watch and drink your beer. But not this Saturday mate. Have a meeting in the city.

Airstrike
9th September 2011, 02:54 AM
ok hows the dedication. I have changed my plans and am coming back early from fraser to go camping with you fellas. So Im in 100% + Pro Driver + Pro Passenger

Bigrig
9th September 2011, 08:57 AM
ok hows the dedication. I have changed my plans and am coming back early from fraser to go camping with you fellas. So Im in 100% + Pro Driver + Pro Passenger

Not sure that your wife and daughter will appreciate being called "Pro's" ... but enough of the domestic chit chat - awesome that you're gunna make it!!

Dhuck
9th September 2011, 09:50 AM
Dhuck + 2
Bigrig + 3 or 5 and a Jeep thing (Possibly 2 extra vehicles, 4 adults and umpty dozen kids)
Frenzy + 3
04OFF
Yendor
Possibly Cadbury
Mal + 1 (Possibly more)
nickpeacock36 + 2
macca86 + 1 possible probable

Do we have any more takers?

So far approx 20-31 people and 14-16 vehicles. All depending if the possible's turn up and no more drop out --------------------Jason.

Bigrig
9th September 2011, 10:07 AM
Dhuck + 2
Frenzy + 3
04OFF
Yendor
Possibly Cadbury
Mal + 1 (Possibly more)

So far approx 19-30 people and 13-15 vehicles. All depending if the possible's turn up and no more drop out --------------------Jason.

Nice - and possibly Benny and Adrian. What about Murray and Dave from Torq4x4? We might have the neighbour and his daughter also ...

That only leaves about another 15 QLD members to respond!!

Nick!!!! Where the hell are you???!!!

Bigrig
9th September 2011, 10:19 AM
Just texted 19 members - some below who've already responded, but a bunch of others including those I mentioned.

Steve67au can't make it ...

YNOT
9th September 2011, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the invite but neither of of fourby's will be ready to go off road for some time.

Tony

Dhuck
9th September 2011, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the invite but neither of of fourby's will be ready to go off road for some time.

Tony

Is a shame but you know your welcome on any of the trips.

nickpeacock36
9th September 2011, 02:11 PM
Nice - and possibly Benny and Adrian. What about Murray and Dave from Torq4x4? We might have the neighbour and his daughter also ...

That only leaves about another 15 QLD members to respond!!

Nick!!!! Where the hell are you???!!!
Sorry mate, been a little bit cccupied organising a hiking trip for me and Jack. Count us well and truly in.

macca86
9th September 2011, 03:32 PM
you can have us down as possible probables. End of next week jenni gets her shifts for next month and I have to arrange a bucks night for my mates wedding in that month so I'll do my best to avoid that weekend.

Bigrig
10th September 2011, 08:57 AM
Bump ... good numbers building yet again folks!! Well done!!!

hekarewe
10th September 2011, 06:23 PM
sorry guys but will have to miss this one as the fishing trip is the next weekend and getting two weekend passes back to back wont work LOL and after a succsessful day at the range i will be tryin to get down south to have another go at chasing bambi

Ben-e-boy
10th September 2011, 06:57 PM
Sorry guys I cant commit I may be up north .if I show I show if I dont I dont. there is heaps of work on atm

Dhuck
13th September 2011, 07:16 AM
------------------Bump----------------------
For the new members and reminding the others

Bigrig
13th September 2011, 08:14 AM
Ummmm ... we'll be there!! Consider me reminded!!

Ben-e-boy
13th September 2011, 05:40 PM
Sorry guys I cant commit I may be up north .if I show I show if I dont I dont. there is heaps of work on atm

and now the ute is broken

growler2058
13th September 2011, 05:53 PM

Waddya dun I c ya did a cv anything else??

Ben-e-boy
13th September 2011, 06:18 PM
Waddya dun I c ya did a cv anything else??

nah nothin else its just a bit difficult to find gq parts at a wreckers especially short side axle/cv

Bigrig
13th September 2011, 06:31 PM

Damn it Janet!!! No good boss.

Airstrike
22nd September 2011, 12:21 AM
Whats the current details for the trip?????

Dhuck
22nd September 2011, 07:32 AM
Ok the 22nd of October is the date

Dhuck + 2
Frenzy + 3
04OFF
Yendor
Possibly Cadbury
Mal + 1 (Possibly more)
nickpeacock36 + 2
macca86 + 1 possible probable

So far approx 20-31 people and 14-16 vehicles.

Airstrike
22nd September 2011, 12:12 PM
Where is the meetup? Where is the park or whats the address.

Cheers

macca86
22nd September 2011, 03:26 PM
one month to go guys

Dhuck
22nd September 2011, 04:21 PM
Situated on the New England Highway 25 Kilometers south of Warwick. At Warwick take the New England Highway to Stanthorpe. After approx 27 kms the property will be found on the left. (Please note we have found from feedback from our visitors that when they enter our street address on their GPS they are directed about 2kms south). We will sought out meet up point as it gets closer.

Airstrike
22nd September 2011, 04:44 PM
F*&^ me I thought it was today.........

Dhuck
22nd September 2011, 05:47 PM
F*&^ me I thought it was today.........

No mate I am on holidays. Why would I want to go camping when I can take time off work. lol

Dhuck
2nd October 2011, 09:52 PM
------------BUMP----------

Just for anybody who has not yet seen this.

Ben-e-boy
3rd October 2011, 10:37 AM
I cant go to this one it will be too tight with work.

Bigrig
6th October 2011, 10:24 AM
Bump - only two weeks to go ...

Bigrig
14th October 2011, 12:09 AM
Bump - only a week to go ladies and gentlemen ...

Hope to see you there!!

Silver
14th October 2011, 12:37 AM
Silver and crew won't be starters for this one - just did a 2 000 k trip with the Billy Lid and Loverly Wife and am advised by the latter that Warwick is too far away, so soon after the last trip.

Have fun and looking forward to the reports and pix

Bigrig
14th October 2011, 12:39 AM
Silver and crew won't be starters for this one - just did a 2 000 k trip with the Billy Lid and Loverly Wife and am advised by the latter that Warwick is too far away, so soon after the last trip.

Have fun and looking forward to the reports and pix

Fully understood mate ...

nickpeacock36
16th October 2011, 05:25 PM
------------BUMP----------

Just for anybody who has not yet seen this.

Are any of the ladies going? Liz doesn't want to be the only one there.

Bigrig
16th October 2011, 08:44 PM
Looking through the list below mate, there should be five or six other ladies.

TORQ4x4
17th October 2011, 10:48 AM
Old mate and I will be tagging along for this one. Two vehicles, two blokes, two cheer leaders.

What time are you guys planning on getting there on Sat?

Murray

Dhuck
17th October 2011, 10:55 AM
God knows mate but as early as possible to make a full weekend of it. That is if my ankle has got better by then. I have spent a week on crutch's and still can't push down on the clutch pedal.

Bigrig
17th October 2011, 11:07 AM
God knows mate but as early as possible to make a full weekend of it. That is if my ankle has got better by then. I have spent a week on crutch's and still can't push down on the clutch pedal.

Take a spoonful of cement and harden up you fairy!!

I'll be coming to your joint early Saturday morning dhuck .. happy yo make the meet point at Torq4x4 if that's easier for everyone and convoy out - i'll be on my pat, so no camper, just the pup tent and the swag and me on board ... hope the engine is up and running by the weekend!!!! Eeeeekkkkkk ....

I'll be out my door literally at 6am to head down - get there, setup and be relaxed before lunch on Saturday ...

TORQ4x4
17th October 2011, 11:35 AM
Sure, we can convoy out from the shop. Be there ready to roll out by 6:30 am then?

There is a Caltex servo 100 meters from us so people can fill up there.

Bigrig
17th October 2011, 12:10 PM
Sure, we can convoy out from the shop. Be there ready to roll out by 6:30 am then?

There is a Caltex servo 100 meters from us so people can fill up there.

Done deal - ill be there before half six ... I'll need to fill up out near the park as only got the 90 litres of lpg on board, and that'll be gone by the time we hit Warwick!!! lmao ...

hekarewe
17th October 2011, 06:29 PM
wish i could but i just cant do 2 weekends back to back,,,, so enjoy yourselves and dont do anything i wouldnt do and will catch up with some of you next weekend have fun but not to much LOL

Bigrig
18th October 2011, 08:35 PM
Bump - 4 sleeps to go!!!!

For those convoying out - see you at Torq4x4 at 6:30am ... for others, see you there and drive safe!!

nickpeacock36
18th October 2011, 08:40 PM
She's all spangley clean and waiting outside ready for action (thats the car not the mrs by the way) How's that ankle Dhuck?

Bigrig
18th October 2011, 08:46 PM
She's all spangley clean and waiting outside ready for action (thats the car not the mrs by the way) How's that ankle Dhuck?

Well, Tank is outside ... certainly not spangely clean, and quite frankly, in pieces as per below ... but a defeatist I am not!!!! lol

Yeah dhucky boy ... how's the left peg and associated joints??? See you Saturday morning either way you big nancy!!!! lmao

nickpeacock36
18th October 2011, 08:50 PM
give me a shout if you need any help scotty, not much of a mechanic but a dab hand at cracking stubbies.

Bigrig
18th October 2011, 08:54 PM
give me a shout if you need any help scotty, not much of a mechanic but a dab hand at cracking stubbies.

That's actually of more value to me!!!! lmao

All good mate - building the frame to hold the intercooler and just after those photos i took the angle grinder to it to make room for the bottom hose, as well as cutting two gaping holes cut just beside the passenger driving light for the pipes to run through - Derek is doing the fab work for the piping, and I'm doing the mounts, trimming of panels (eeeekkkkk) and the grill - which will be somewhat "lighter" by the weekend!!!! lmao

Thanks for the offer mate!!

Dhuck
19th October 2011, 08:19 AM
Ankle is coming along ok. But if I end up going I will probably be on my own.

Bigrig
19th October 2011, 08:53 AM
Ankle is coming along ok. But if I end up going I will probably be on my own.

All good - I'm on my own for this also as Sandra is taking the kids on a horse riding weekend or something for Ivana's birthday ... so toughen up little fella and we'll get the rigs dirty and drink your ankle blues away!!! Responsibly of course!!!! lmao

Mal H
19th October 2011, 09:34 AM
Mal & Deidre joining Sat convoy, see you between 6 & 6:30.

No trailer, tenting it this time.

Cheers.

Dhuck
19th October 2011, 09:51 AM
If I am on my own I am sleeping in the truck. hehehe

macca86
19th October 2011, 06:07 PM
having to pull out lads mate has a job lined up for me and have to do my coal board medical and generic induction this weekend sorry but can't say no to this opportunity

Bigrig
19th October 2011, 08:32 PM
having to pull out lads mate has a job lined up for me and have to do my coal board medical and generic induction this weekend sorry but can't say no to this opportunity

Understood mate - there'll be plenty more!!

Bigrig
19th October 2011, 08:44 PM
BTW - as I understand it, convoying out from Torq4x4 will be the following:

Murray
Dave
Dhuck
Nick
Scotty

And .... ???

If I've missed anyone, let me know so we don't up and leave without you!!

Mal H
19th October 2011, 09:50 PM
Mal and Dee also Scotty

frenzy
19th October 2011, 10:04 PM
Steve, wife and kiddies will see you all at Torq4x4.

Bigrig
19th October 2011, 10:23 PM
BTW - as I understand it, convoying out from Torq4x4 will be the following:

Murray
Dave
Dhuck
Nick
Scotty

And .... ???

If I've missed anyone, let me know so we don't up and leave without you!!

Righto - so its:

Murray
Dave
Dhuck
Nick
Scotty
Mal
Steve (Frenzy)

Top stuff, and any others??

7 in convoy ... will look simply bootiful ... (I've a tear in my eye! lol).

Dhuck
19th October 2011, 10:40 PM
The numbers have dropped considerably. Oh well.

Bigrig
19th October 2011, 10:48 PM

I think others are still going, just not meeting at Torq4x4 ...

Bigrig
19th October 2011, 11:35 PM

Ryan, Steve (04Off), and Rodney (Yendor) are apparently all starters also ... So still 7-10 trucks and 20 odd people (approximate number ... not 'odd' people!!! lmao)

Dhuck
19th October 2011, 11:37 PM
cool..............

Bigrig
19th October 2011, 11:39 PM
Ryan's out .. just text me ...

04OFF
19th October 2011, 11:55 PM
We are still in, and should be meeting everyone at Torq4x4 if all goes to plan, what UHF channel we using ?

Dhuck
19th October 2011, 11:56 PM
17 sounds good

Bigrig
19th October 2011, 11:58 PM
We are still in, and should be meeting everyone at Torq4x4 if all goes to plan, what UHF channel we using ?

Let's go 17 for sh!ts and giggles ...

Dhuck
20th October 2011, 12:00 AM
we could always use one of the usual's and try 17

Bigrig
20th October 2011, 12:03 AM
we could always use one of the usual's and try 17

Naaahhh ... let's just stick with 17 to avoid confusion ....

Bigrig
20th October 2011, 12:05 AM
Righto - so its:

Murray
Dave
Dhuck
Nick
Scotty
Mal
Steve (Frenzy)

Top stuff, and any others??

7 in convoy ... will look simply bootiful ... (I've a tear in my eye! lol).

So it's:

Murray
Dave
Dhuck
Nick
Scotty
Mal
Steve (Frenzy)
Steve (04OFF)

8 so far ... Nice convoy!!!!

Yendor
20th October 2011, 12:15 AM
Sorry guys, I'm not going to be able to make this trip.

Bigrig
20th October 2011, 12:16 AM

And the crowd goes ... ohhhhhhh ...

No worries mate - there'll be plenty more!!

frenzy
20th October 2011, 12:28 AM

So I've got to convoy by myself all the way to the meeting point! Hope I don't get lost! LOL!

Bigrig
20th October 2011, 01:09 AM
So I've got to convoy by myself all the way to the meeting point! Hope I don't get lost! LOL!

Us too!!! lmao ... You gunna be right with the bub getting there that early??? Obviously hope so, but keep my number handy if you get held up - we'll wait (fully appreciate how hard it is to pack the littlies ... normally packing 4 of the blighters!!! lmao).

Yendor
20th October 2011, 01:55 PM
And the crowd goes ... ohhhhhhh ...

No worries mate - there'll be plenty more!!

Yes, I'm very disappointed as well.

Just got family stuff happening, trust me if I could get away I would.

Yendor
20th October 2011, 01:59 PM

I'm sure you will be alright.....lol

Hope you all have a good trip.

frenzy
21st October 2011, 11:19 PM
truck is packed.... see you guys at TORQ4X4.

Ben-e-boy
22nd October 2011, 12:20 PM
Have fun everyone. Do everything I wouldnt do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

frenzy
23rd October 2011, 07:58 PM
What a top weekend! 8 vehicles convoyed together from TORQ4X4... Murray and Dave are in front, so pictured below are: Steve (me), Dhuck, Steve, Nick, Mal and Scotty bringing up the rear.

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee518/fieldfrenzy/IMG_4671-1-1-1.jpg

We drove some great tracks with an excellent mix of hill climbs, creeks, mud and suspension flexing rocky bits!

Had many a beer and laugh around the fire on Sat night as well.

We had to take off early this morning, but thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and everyone's company!

Steve should be along soon with some awesome (as per his usual standard) action shots from the weekend as well.

Cheers,

Steve

hekarewe
23rd October 2011, 08:34 PM
dont you guys going and having to much fun with out us lol

Dhuck
24th October 2011, 10:10 AM
Well what a great weekend. Plenty of bevs consumed by all and every one had a ball. Is a great place to visit and the park owners are top people. The second trip in a row that we had a recovery. However this one was a little more down heartening than the rolled lux. Unfortunately this one was a fella who was trying to hand winch out of a bog hole on a large dead tree. The tree fell and hit him in the head and down his back. Not good. The ambulance was called and the park was told that a 4wd one may not be available. So a big commendation to Scotty for volunteering to use his truck to transport the incapacitated man to the front office and allowing the ambo's to work on him in Tank to stabilize the fella. Well done to all involed in this recovery.

This is one of the few times you can race through the bush in a 4x4 park. That was fun as well.

Dhuck
24th October 2011, 10:52 AM
I just got off the phone from talking to the park owner. The fella has remained at Warwick hospital. He is going down to Qld X-ray today for further scans. But all seems to be on the positive side. It seems he has just had a bad concussion but they are not ruling anything out at this stage.

04OFF
24th October 2011, 03:26 PM
Another fantastic weekend comes to an end, had a great time thanks everyone, have heeeeeaps of pic's so will have to be posted in instalments.

DAY 1

So we all met early at Torq4x4, everyone was on time (even me !)

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/Springs001Large.jpg

It was a very pleasant trip up to warwick, and soon we were all parked near the Springs 4x4 park office

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/Springs006Large.jpg

After signing in, we all headed deeper into the park to set up camp in the main campgrounds, the main campground was very nice and the toilet/showers the nicest and cleanest ive seen at any 4x4 park.

The famous, Beer o clock hill was nearby to our camp, and while it looks very tame in the pic (below), it was not a safe option, even for the more capable trucks among us.

Beer o clock hill....

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/Springs054Large.jpg

In true NP.com.au fashion, it didn't take us very long to find a nearby hill to stretch the CVs on ....

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/Springs153Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/Springs164Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/Springs177Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/Springs207Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/Springs102Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/Springs091Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/Springs218Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/Springs255Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/Springs114Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/Springs127Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/IMG_8407aLarge.jpg

Despite my best efforts i never got over the hill, backing up for another run up (one of many), i got wedged on a rock at the bottom, frenzy attempted a shovel recovery, but in the end a small tow was required (thanks Bigrig)

Mal gave me my marching orders....(he-he)
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/IMG_8458aLarge.jpg

To be continued..................

04OFF
24th October 2011, 04:17 PM
still on day 1

Frenzy ....

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/Springs267Large.jpg

After a few hours playing on the hills, we decided to explore the park a little, inevitably, we came across some water..........

......... did someone say MUD ! :thumbup:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/Springs295Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/Springs283Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/Springs341Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/Springs304Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/Springs310Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/Springs332Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/Springs335Large.jpg

(Yes i did get a bit wet ^)

Nobody got stuck, but not surprising judging by the general pace through the mud (mostly for pic value i should add)

Dhuck........

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/Springs347Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/Springs354Large.jpg

more to come.....

Clunk
24th October 2011, 04:28 PM
Nice one fellas, fantastic pics as always...... Looks like a splendid time was had by all.

Hope the injured guy is ok and comes good!!

Dhuck
24th October 2011, 04:36 PM
Nice one fellas, fantastic pics as always...... Looks like a splendid time was had by all.

Hope the injured guy is ok and comes good!!

Hopefully the owners have signed up to the right forum and will let us know in the Springs 4x4 thread in 4x4 parks thread. I did try to convince them to join even if their daughter drives a tomota comp truck. It still had GU diffs lol

04OFF
24th October 2011, 04:49 PM
continued from previous page......

So after driving around a little more, what did we come across............more mud !

Yeeehaa !

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/Springs360Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/Springs370Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/Springs373Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/Springs375aLarge.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/Springs388Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/Springs392aLarge.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/Springs399Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/Springs398aLarge.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/Springs406Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/Springs409Large-1.jpg

don't go away, still more...

Dhuck
24th October 2011, 04:58 PM
That is where the tree came down on the feel trying to get out of there. If he was driving a trol instead of a rangie he would have been right

Dhuck
24th October 2011, 05:01 PM
The Tankbulance

04OFF
24th October 2011, 06:05 PM
A little later on, it was time to eat, and waaaaay past "beer o clock" ,so we all headed back to camp.

The sun was going down, it was time to start a fire (lucky steve remembered to pick up that firewood), and Nick did a fantastic job, tirelessly chopping the wood into managable size logs with the Axe.

Before long, the fire was well under way (as were the beers)......

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/Favs/IMG_3603Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/Favs/IMG_3663ab-1.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/Favs/IMG_3637aLarge.jpg

Steve was kind enough to stand still while i undertook some creative photography, he was a great assistant, and didn't complain, even though i got a bit close and singed his ear a little (it was a mistake steve, honest) :redface:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/Favs/IMG_3605Large.jpg

Also did a night shot of the "Bigrig"...

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/Favs/IMG_3614Large.jpg

I went for a walk to a dark area near a cliff ......

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/Favs/IMG_3627aLarge.jpg

Unfortunately, all the strange noises, rustling creatures in the dark long grass, soon saw me returning back to camp.....

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/Favs/IMG_3653aLarge.jpg

What a day !

Sunday still to come......

nickpeacock36
24th October 2011, 06:23 PM
Fantastic pictures Steve. I gotta get a decent camera and learn how to do some of those effects.

Woof
24th October 2011, 06:26 PM
Great photos there mate, looks like everyone had a great time

04OFF
24th October 2011, 07:38 PM
OK last lot now

DAY 2

Day 2 saw a bit of a creek run, Dave (from Torq 4x4) in the only "NON Patrol" (a Nissan Navara) got talked into risking the paint work over all the rocks, the Nav had a few clearance issues , but Dave neglected all the "chicken tracks" and followed us through all the harder bits without hesitation :049:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/IMG_8487Large.jpg

Belly out on the chassis ,saw the front wheels off the ground....

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/IMG_8509aLarge.jpg

Nick....

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/IMG_8518aLarge.jpg

04OFF

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/IMG_3680Large.jpg

Exiting the creek run was a steep and slippy hill, Dave showed how the Navara can flex down at the bottom...

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/IMG_8635Large.jpg

Then plenty of "right pedal" made for a spectacular rise to the top of the hill...

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/IMG_8630aLarge.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/IMG_8649Large.jpg

After a short drive through some spectacular scenery, we trundled into the Springs 4x4 "Test Track",

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/IMG_8678aLarge.jpg

Theres a funny caption about 2 rear ends here somewhere ? (lol)

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/IMG_8687Large.jpg

My test track "assult" lacked a little style compared to the others, but i got the job done just the same.... (ha-ha)

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/IMG_8739Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/IMG_8743Large.jpg

Mal wasn't so lucky (or so heavy on the loud pedal) and came to a grinding halt on the LH side step....

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/IMG_8718Large.jpg

Big rig to the rescue for the second time.....

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/IMG_8725Large.jpg

Sunday was cut a little short when Big rig was called in for a rescue for the third time (as dhuck explained earlier), hope Mathew (the injured guy) is all OK, and just goes to show what great lenths some people will do to help others in time of need, all our group helped, even if it was just to stay clear and not get in the way, they did what needed to be done ...

You guys are all legends..... :thumbup:

net19
24th October 2011, 09:27 PM
Big thanks again to all the helped out on Sunday.
Matt is still recovering in hospital but all scans have come back ok.
Hope to see you all soon.
The spring’s crew

frenzy
24th October 2011, 09:40 PM
Great shots mate. I was looking wistfully over at the play area (wondering if you guys would go there) whilst airing up on my way out. A great little park, that's for sure.

Love the red trees and stars shot. I suppose you took that one right next to the fire while we were all jabbering away....LOL!

BTW, that picture of "beer o'clock hill" does not get even close to showing how steep and scary it is!

NissanGQ4.2
24th October 2011, 09:55 PM
The spring’s crew

Welcome 2 the forum, feel free 2 post up any upcoming events you guys are running here: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?2362-Springs-4x4-Camping-amp-Adventure-Park&p=155234#post155234

Good 2 hear Matt's scans came back ok

NissanGQ4.2
24th October 2011, 09:57 PM
Looks like it was a great weekend guys, now I know why it was so quiet on here over the weekend

Sir Roofy
24th October 2011, 10:12 PM
congrats to bigrig for helping that poor guy great pics as usual and a great w/end had by all

hekarewe
24th October 2011, 10:15 PM
The Tankbulance

the can only boggle at the possible explanations for this pic?????? not sure if i really want to know but it is like a train wrweck you just have to watch LOL

Dhuck
24th October 2011, 11:05 PM
The spring’s crew

That is good and we will be back for sure

macca86
25th October 2011, 02:16 PM
nice work lads wish I was there

04OFF
25th October 2011, 02:17 PM
Love the red trees and stars shot. I suppose you took that one right next to the fire while we were all jabbering away....LOL!

Correct Steve, yes the trees are illuminated red by the glow from the fire, i did plan on a longer exposure, but the camera battery went flat (lol)

Silver
25th October 2011, 08:25 PM
If our record of non forum ites injuring themselves and their vehicles gets out, we should end up having parks to ourselves :-)

net19
29th October 2011, 03:22 PM
Update on Matt. Got out of hospital on Tuesday and straight back to work on Wednesday. No broken bones just sore. Coming back this weekend to take photo of tree.
Cheers The Springs Crew.

Dhuck
29th October 2011, 03:36 PM
Good to hear guys. Glad all is good. Hope it has not put him off wheeling

Grizzly
29th October 2011, 06:01 PM
Yeah, glad he's alright. Tell him to only go out with patrols from now on. He wont need to use a winch ever again.

Clunk
29th October 2011, 07:40 PM
aye good to hear all is ok............... again, good work guys

Pete's GU3
6th November 2011, 07:37 PM
heaps of fun loved it , sorta thing i would like to get involved in...........