PDA

View Full Version : Driving on Kingscliff Beach NSW

Cadbury
30th August 2011, 06:57 PM
Hi all,
Does anyone know if you are allowed to drive on Kingscliff beach and if so do you need a permit?
We are heading down there and I see there are a lot of tracks going down to the beach as far as I can see using Google maps.
Cheers
Tim

Maxhead
30th August 2011, 07:08 PM
Not sure about driving on the beach but its the best beach for beach worms on low tide. If you manage to get a few then head to Fingal Head and go for the bream of the rocks just of the old light house.

If you're into fishing that is...sorry can help with driving on there but it is a nice big beach

Cadbury
30th August 2011, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the info. I will give it a try

Bigrig
30th August 2011, 11:20 PM
Welcome back old mate!!!! Haven't seen you on here for yonks!!! Have to catch up for a couple of coldies at some stage and to get out for a trip somewhere.

Cadbury
31st August 2011, 07:38 AM
Sounds good buddy,
Things have been a bit hectic lately with a new job and all.
Good to be back.
Cheers

Bigrig
31st August 2011, 07:55 AM
Sounds good buddy,
Things have been a bit hectic lately with a new job and all.
Good to be back.
Cheers

Same here mate - good to have you back! Sooooo ... beers??

Cadbury
31st August 2011, 09:46 PM
Bigrig,
Beers any time mate.
You know I always have cold ones in my fridge.

Cadbury
31st August 2011, 09:48 PM
Bigrig,
Beers anytime mate, you know I always have cold ones in the fridge so anytime you anywhere around the Waterford area give me a shout.
Cheers
Tim

Bigrig
31st August 2011, 11:44 PM
Bigrig,
Beers anytime mate, you know I always have cold ones in the fridge so anytime you anywhere around the Waterford area give me a shout.
Cheers
Tim

Shouldn't have said that!!!

You know I'm packing my bags now for the trip over ... not because it's a long way, but it sounds like your fridge is full !!! lmao

T0nka
2nd September 2011, 08:58 AM
Nope beach driving not allowed. People still do despite the signs that its illegal and the locals are royally pissed off..so much so that theyve started leaving boobie traps to flatten fourbie tyres

T0nka
2nd September 2011, 09:00 AM
I live right near Kingscliff, and ive found out that you can drive lennox beach with a permit or better still South Ballina beach offers lots of km driving along the soft stuff no permit required.

Quite frankly i had a permit for Lennox but its just not worth it, the distance you can drive is maybe 3km before you have to turn around.

Dhuck
2nd September 2011, 09:02 AM
Nope beach driving not allowed. People still do despite the signs that its illegal and the locals are royally pissed off..so much so that theyve started leaving boobie traps to flatten fourbie tyres

I have seen that sort of thing down at Potty (Parents live on Pottsville Creek). Not exactly the best thing to be doing. They also flatten peoples feet.

T0nka
2nd September 2011, 09:05 AM
Potsville NSW?

Dhuck
2nd September 2011, 09:07 AM
Potsville NSW?

Yes mate. The only Potty (suburb for the likes of Scotty taking the p!ss) I know. Parent are just a few doors down from the pub.

T0nka
2nd September 2011, 09:10 AM
Is wheelin allowed at Potty?

Dhuck
2nd September 2011, 09:22 AM
God knows mate but have seen alot of tyre tracks there in the past and access tracks. Never driven on there myself.

Cadbury
3rd September 2011, 07:31 PM
Thanks for all the info guys.
Have a good one.

T0nka
30th September 2011, 01:51 PM
Im expecting a lot of trips to sth ballina this summer. Tonka needs a thrashing