PDA

View Full Version : Some people have know idea

NissanGQ4.2
23rd August 2011, 10:55 PM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230660225049&clk_rvr_id=258432262705

timbar
23rd August 2011, 11:07 PM
Thats not a recovery point .........thats a life and windscreen extractor.............IDIOTS

Sir Roofy
24th August 2011, 07:48 AM
did you report this as not a safe item for recovery

i would have but dont have access to e/bay

AB
24th August 2011, 08:59 AM
It's a bit of a tricky one this one....

In the manuals Nissan actually call this the recovery point.

patch697
24th August 2011, 09:05 AM
Its a stock GU one & its used......

The sad part is its got 7 bids on it so some monkey's gonna buy it fit it up & then go have a good lash at it to Test it out......... ?????

Hope no one gets hurt in that process........

Maxhead
24th August 2011, 09:56 AM

Yep agree, Nissan call it a recovery point....if someone gets hurt they can then sue Nissan or may be it ok for recovery

dasemm
24th August 2011, 10:16 AM
I pulled mine off years ago, they get in the way when you hook up a trailer..

Dhuck
24th August 2011, 11:02 AM
Can I get 4? I need something to strap my fridge to in the back of the Pigtrol.

BIGARCH
5th September 2011, 12:07 AM
recovery point for winching onto a tow truck or tie down point

not a snatch recovery point, cant really report it to ebay as its a standered nissan parts and its damn handy for us tow truck opperators but shouldnt be mistaken as an off road recovery point.

Evolution
6th September 2011, 12:52 AM
When I was in the Navy, to use the 4WD's from the transport depot, you had to do a 4X4 course. It was basic maintainence and checks, off-road driving and recovery.
It all seemed pretty mundane at the time, but with all the fatalities, injuries and near misses you get these days. Maybe 4WD's will be the next to have their own class of license.

the ferret
6th September 2011, 01:13 AM
When I was in the Navy, to use the 4WD's from the transport depot, you had to do a 4X4 course. It was basic maintainence and checks, off-road driving and recovery.
It all seemed pretty mundane at the time, but with all the fatalities, injuries and near misses you get these days. Maybe 4WD's will be the next to have their own class of license.
And so they should, too many yobbo's driving 4x4s in my opinon, one should have to sit a basic course to be able to operate a 3 ton machine that is capable of causing injury.
It wouldn't have to be too involved, just the basics with a high emphasis on safety and have a real person explaining the do's and don'ts of things like recovery and general 4 wheel driving.
Ferret. (ol stick in the mud) Just going down the shed ta get ma flame suit!!

Mrowka
6th September 2011, 03:10 AM
Maybe it's different in Australia, but in my feline experience humans typically know what not to do, but they go ahead and do it anyway.

Then again, in Ukraine where I live now, any jackass can get a license up to drive anything up to and including tractor-trailers for a small bribe.

GQsweep
6th September 2011, 07:22 PM
Ok, as a newbie, I've read lots about what is NOT suitable as a recovery point.

How about some details off what IS suitable as a recovery point - front and rear.

Chris

the godfather
6th September 2011, 08:37 PM

How about some details off what IS suitable as a recovery point - front and rear.

Chris

This is actually a good question Chris. More to the point, what recovery point is actually covered by any form of insurance?

flashtimmy
9th October 2011, 02:38 PM
4 point bolt on..... i dont think so

taslucas
12th October 2011, 01:21 PM
And so they should, too many yobbo's driving 4x4s in my opinon, one should have to sit a basic course to be able to operate a 3 ton machine that is capable of causing injury.
It wouldn't have to be too involved, just the basics with a high emphasis on safety and have a real person explaining the do's and don'ts of things like recovery and general 4 wheel driving.
Ferret. (ol stick in the mud) Just going down the shed ta get ma flame suit!!

Same could be said for ANY licence. A licence test is more involved with road rules and seems to skip over vehicle control. Back when i got my "p's", you would fail the test if you didnt do a three point turn correctly......now apart from pi$$ing a few people off if your taking your time, when is a three point turn a lifesaving ability!?

taslucas
12th October 2011, 01:29 PM

Ive heard that nissan states the correct procedure for using one of these is to feed the strap down through the eyelet then hook it under the towball tongue. Itlooks a bit weird but a mates reckons its what nissan says. (we all you hitch receivers anyway)

macca86
12th October 2011, 06:03 PM

Chris

hitch receivers mate. they look like your tow ball that you insert into your tow receiver but have a shackle on them http://http://www.fnb4wd.com.au/prod272.htm or put your strap through the empty receiver and put your locking pin through it