PDA

View Full Version : Hello from sunny Karratha

GUINWA
3rd June 2010, 01:06 PM
After getting an email from Andy about this forum I thought I would join up
I'm a member of the Red Dog 4x4 club here in Karratha WA.
I drive a 98 4.2 GU and a 93 4.2 GQ which has 417000 km on it and have owned it for 8 years
I've keep the GQ cos my son just turn 16 and got his "L"s and loves camping ang fishing.
So 1 for me and 1 for him.
My wife and myself enjoy the touring, we did half the Gibb at easter only half as it started to rain and the road turned to poo and my wife was flying out of Broom for work, oh well just have to go back again. We are of to Rudall River NP in July cant wait.
Andy Pilbarra Motor Group are the Nissan dealer in town.
If your up this way look us up.

Cheers Frank

Timbo
3rd June 2010, 01:30 PM
Hi Frank, welcome to the forums!

Your son is a lucky bugger isn’t he! :D Good on him, glad to hear some of the younger generation having an interest in something other than drugs and violence haha.. bit of a generalisation isn’t it?

Highly jelous that your wife enjoys touring and that your both able to do it. I don’t think my girlfriend could stand doing it for more than a few days, even though I could supply a shower and toilet. Something I’ll have to work on down the track because then they don’t mind too much if you’re spending money on your patrol. 

My cousin lives in WA and was in a club out that way but had to sell his 4wd and downsize. He was telling me ages ago that the clubs out that way are pretty far and few between with not many members, unlike here in Vic where it seems (1 in 5) 4wd’s have a club sticker on the windscreen.

You guys should centralise all of your club trips and organising from this forum in the WA section. So instead of having say, 10 clubs, each with all of their own websites and forums, you could all chat with each other in the one forum. Who knows, maybe meet some new people and do some club trips together. I reckon that’d be a great idea for all states around Australia. Of course, some of the die-hard Toyota guys wouldn’t like that being a Nissan Patrol forum, but I’m sure Andy wouldn’t mind if there were “non patrol owners” on his forum. He’d probably make some sub forums for other brands like Toyotas, Fords, Land Rover etc.

What do ya think Andy?

GQ10
3rd June 2010, 01:44 PM
Welcome Frank!

My first car was a poo brown Vb Commodore!

What i would've given if my old man gave me a Patrol back then!

AB
3rd June 2010, 02:24 PM
Welcome to the community Frank, I'll contact Pilbarra Motor Group, thanks mate.

We have no problem with that at all guys!

In fact thats a good idea G-Unit, an easy open communication about club meeting dates and locations, updates and planned trips, etc...Nice!

If it did take off we would have no problem in creating personal categories for club owners, such as Red Dog 4x4 Club or even a club discussions section only.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Also, We don't mind other 4wd owners to join the community, there's a few sections about general 4x4 chats, trips, etc so anyones welcome!

I have noticed a lot of 4x4 clubs websites are either down or got severe errors to the point where you can't even navigate around the site. We're all real busy these days so it could be easy for everyone to have one site with your own categorie for your members to chat live about trips and meetings, etc.

Could also be a great avenue to get more members in your area.

CrazyDave
3rd June 2010, 08:06 PM
i've noticed a lot of 4wd clubs websites around my area that i cant check out too.

The pages are all skewed or it just looks like an old site that doesnt get updated much.

Not a bad idea guys, would be good to have 1 hub of groups in different states, etc.

Atleast you know the information and events are up to date!

Pebbles
5th June 2010, 09:22 AM
Frank
So this makes 2 of as from the Red Dog on this site
Pebbles

GUINWA
5th June 2010, 10:16 PM
Gees your quick man this will grow like you wouldnt believe

AB
5th June 2010, 10:18 PM
Hey Frank, are you involved with Pilbarra Motor Group or just mentioned it as their your local dealer?

GUINWA
6th June 2010, 02:36 PM
No I work for Burrup Fretilisers. I get my parts from PMG thats all.
And yes Cam the son knows hes a lucky sob and has some plans for the old truck
just needs a job and money
Cheers

Finly Owner
24th August 2010, 12:12 AM
Tim has just popped in to say Hi to Frank