PDA

View Full Version : Which Snorkel for GU Series III 3.0?

maphew
19th August 2011, 11:48 PM
G'day - looking to install a snorkel on the new truck.
I have had Safari in the past and have found them to be of good quality and easy to self-install.
I'm undecided between genuine nissan or safari?

What I was hoping was to see some pictures of Series III GU's with either or other snorkels. I'm confident I can get the genuine nissan to seal properly, basing the decision more on cost and looks.

Thanks in advance.

big_fletch
20th August 2011, 12:00 AM
Howdy mate, the Genuine nissan snorkel's im pretty sure are made by TJM, i have the same model and colour Troll as you and i ended up installing the TJM for mine.. There are pics of it in the members ride thread.. The reason i bought the TJM is because i like the fact that its more moulded to the windscreen whereas the safari head sticks out alot more

Good pic of the snorkel is on page 18 and is the first picture
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?1338-Big_Fletcha-s-GU-III/page18

Fletcha

maphew
20th August 2011, 11:56 PM
Howdy mate, the Genuine nissan snorkel's im pretty sure are made by TJM, i have the same model and colour Troll as you and i ended up installing the TJM for mine.. There are pics of it in the members ride thread.. The reason i bought the TJM is because i like the fact that its more moulded to the windscreen whereas the safari head sticks out alot more

Good pic of the snorkel is on page 18 and is the first picture
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?1338-Big_Fletcha-s-GU-III/page18

Fletcha

Good on ya Fletcha, looks great, still interested in seeing any other types of snorkel on the GU III.

Eds where?
26th August 2011, 11:36 PM
I fitted my first snorkel a few weeks ago. Took me around 3 hrs but did take my time checking everything twice, fitted a safari. The hardest thing was working around the aerial and removing the standard intake on the inner wing. All good now.

hekarewe
27th August 2011, 03:54 PM
i had the safri fitted to GU 111 3.0Lt by ARB also had them supply me with the fish bowl as well as a air ram, the fish bowl works a treat in the dust i think that they are a better idea then the nissan ones as the safari gives the option of using the fish bowl or ram and the nissan one does not

guterra
27th August 2011, 06:04 PM
Here is my 2002 S3 patrol. Installed myself. Didn't have to remove antenna. Easy as. I drilled the main hole first and made sure everything lined up before I drilled out the pilot locating holes, just in case the template was wrong. Its a personal pref, but I liked the safari look.