PDA

View Full Version : Gu Series III 3.0 ST-L

maphew
18th August 2011, 04:56 PM
G'day,

New rig is a Series III GU 3.0 ST-L which provides some nice creature comforts.
So far very stock, but looking into the first mods as we type/read. Most likely begin with a boost and pyro guage followed by blocking the EGR. I need to read a bit more about this dawes valve?

Anyway, UHF, Snorkel, Winchbar etc. etc. all to come.
Very tidy rig, lots of trips and fun to be had.

Bagheera
18th August 2011, 05:28 PM
Looks nice mate - I'm hunting for the same model myself. How badly worn are your leather seats?

maphew
18th August 2011, 05:47 PM
Thanks Bagheera - the drivers seat has a crack in the leather closest to the door, the rear seats are in very good condition. I might look at reupholstering later or just keep the covers on there. Good truck with some great accessories and extras, this one came with Nissan DVD player, dual front airbags, cruise control. Some little goodies.

Bob
18th August 2011, 05:55 PM
Good Looking Rig Mate.

Woof
18th August 2011, 05:55 PM
Looks great Maphew, look forward to see all the mods mate.

maphew
18th August 2011, 06:17 PM
Forgot to mention that the new truck is an auto! Never ever thought I would own an auto 4WD, but to be honest, it is gold, does take a little getting used to regarding down shifting and throwing the cars into corners with the manuals.

And you know what they say "the hardest thing about owning an auto 4WD is telling your mates that your gay!". Might be having that discussion soon, to good to go back!

Bigrig
18th August 2011, 06:39 PM
Forgot to mention that the new truck is an auto! Never ever thought I would own an auto 4WD, but to be honest, it is gold, does take a little getting used to regarding down shifting and throwing the cars into corners with the manuals.

And you know what they say "the hardest thing about owning an auto 4WD is telling your mates that your gay!". Might be having that discussion soon, to good to go back!

Mate, I'm on my sixth fourbie (17th vehicle) and it's the first auto I've had - will simply 'never' go back to manual .. it's that good!!!

maphew
18th August 2011, 06:58 PM
I'd have to agree, I decided to let the market decide whether it was an auto or manual. Very happy the auto was the winner, particulary in the little 3.0L, would recommend the auto to anybody.

big_fletch
19th August 2011, 09:04 PM
Very nice looking rig mate, perfect canvas to start modifying

growler2058
19th August 2011, 09:06 PM
Hey mate hopefully you hang around now uv got ur 25 posts hahaha

maphew
19th August 2011, 10:44 PM
Hey mate hopefully you hang around now uv got ur 25 posts hahaha

Yeah mate still here, lots of mods to do, always looking for ideas/information.

growler2058
20th August 2011, 04:13 AM
Excellent the more the merrier mate