PDA

View Full Version : The new rig

Bakes
18th August 2011, 12:13 AM
Well here's the new rig. last year and month of the mighty 4.2. Dual Airbag and all the standard jazz.. Has a 3" Dobinson lift and 35s in the pic, and more recently twin locked, long range fuel, XGTs and HIDs, new suspension on order and custom water tank being fabbed for the long outings. Taipan 3" exhaust and 14lb boost were added about a day after i bought it and i guess it will just progress from there.

Funnily enough most parts have been donated from my wagon, which officially makes the wagon a low rider soccer mums car :-)

More pictures to come as it all progresses

steve

Clunk
18th August 2011, 12:46 AM
looks nice n tidy Bakes..... nice one

Silver
18th August 2011, 12:54 AM
Nice! and Welcome :-)

growler2058
18th August 2011, 05:43 AM
Really really like the utes nice truck mate

Maxhead
18th August 2011, 07:30 AM
Looks the goods Steve...Cheers

DX grunt
18th August 2011, 07:45 AM
What a GUtey! Well done, Bakes.

Nice looking truck. Keep us up to date with your work in progress. Love it.

Take care out there.

Rossco

Bigrig
18th August 2011, 08:29 AM
Love the GU utes ... keep em coming mate!

Bob
18th August 2011, 08:38 AM
A whitey and a GU Ute. You are on a winner there

Bakes
18th August 2011, 09:51 PM
Well, not much cosmetic changes apart from the front end really, but a cleaner day shot with the canopy on etc. comes up a treat.

Dark 1
18th August 2011, 10:55 PM
Looks the goods mate love it keep the pics coming.

Bakes
18th August 2011, 11:07 PM
Looks the goods mate love it keep the pics coming.

As does yours mate. I do like your cape pics. I'm killing to get back up for some fun. Good to see everyone getting out though. Unfortunate that I missed a cape run this year, as I was raping my wagon for goodies to go to the ute. The wagon....was...my ultimate go anywhere beast ;-) but all will be good now as the ute progresses

Finly Owner
18th August 2011, 11:12 PM
choice bro!

Tim

big_fletch
19th August 2011, 10:07 PM
Top looking ute mate, sounds very capable and looks wicked

Fletcha

Bakes
19th August 2011, 10:13 PM
Top looking ute mate, sounds very capable and looks wicked

Fletcha

Cheers mate. I think I've finally found the balance between a nice tourer yet go anywhere I want. Although I DID get pinger by the shaker today, who gave me the whole....you've got 3 days to get smaller tyres or cop a fine...pffft... I reakon 35s fill the guards up nicely

jdavy5
7th October 2011, 01:48 AM
nice ute mate

Bakes
9th October 2011, 11:24 PM
nice ute mate

Thanks mate. Given me a bit of a hard time over the last few days with some front end issues, but all sorted now. I'll take it out in the coming days and test it out, just to make sure the work done on it isn't gonna fail me :-/

Random
9th October 2011, 11:32 PM
Cheers mate. I think I've finally found the balance between a nice tourer yet go anywhere I want. Although I DID get pinger by the shaker today, who gave me the whole....you've got 3 days to get smaller tyres or cop a fine...pffft... I reakon 35s fill the guards up nicely

thats pretty lame, some of them are scared to deal with criminals so they go around picking on everyone else.
come to think of it mine might be 35s and they have been on the car long enough to almost be worn out....

Bakes
9th October 2011, 11:38 PM
Yeah I wasn't too impressed, but the 31s came off the wagon for the pointless exercise and reported to the good man in blue.. Mind you 35s went on 25 seconds later and haven't been off again..

Mark S
10th October 2011, 07:43 PM
Nice looking rig mate

macca
10th October 2011, 07:48 PM
Another GU Ute, good to see. I'm enjoying mine more and more, hope you do the same
Macca

Bakes
10th October 2011, 08:32 PM
Another GU Ute, good to see. I'm enjoying mine more and more, hope you do the same
Macca

Thanks mark s and yeah macca, this is my second GU ute, the first remained pretty standard. This one is turning out to be a touring/camping weapon. Have heaps of plans for it. Btw, love the setup on the back of yours :-) my hope is to bolt a telstra pod on the back of mine for the long distance stuff and use a tray for round town. Just researching weight issues with the pod going on a coil cab before I spend the coin. But possibilities are endless