PDA

View Full Version : Scenic Rim forum meet up photos and videos - August 2011

YNOT
13th August 2011, 07:29 PM
AB EDIT: Trip report, photos and videos of the forum meet up below....

************************************************** *********************************************

Scotty was right, it was a cracker trip and I was only there for the day today.
Before I left this afternoon there were around 15 cars in our group and something like 50 people and 7 or 8 dogs.
My day wasn't as good as it could have been, a slipping auto transmission meant Nugget (my Terrano) made it no further than the campsite. A big thanks to Steve (04OFF) for allowing myself and my 2 boys to accompany him in his Patrol for the morning drive.

Thanks to Scott for organising another great trip.

Tony

hekarewe
14th August 2011, 06:06 PM
heres the first group of photos guys notice the pit crew working on the tank or should say one worker and half a dozen suppervisors LOL

hekarewe
14th August 2011, 06:27 PM
here is the last lot for you all i dont remember who was driving what appart from the obvious so feel free to commit and enjoy,,,, as always it hard to photo your own rig in action so if any one has any good footage of hekarewe doing her thing feel free to ppost them up and i may eveen ask you to email me a copy or three again thanks for the weekend

frenzy
14th August 2011, 07:24 PM
Went along for the day today with my truck and 3 y.o. We all enjoyed ourselves!

Didn't have the co-pilot/photographer with me today so, like hekarewe, I'm very keen if anyone has any stills or video of frenzy running amok!

Nice view....
http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee518/fieldfrenzy/Patrols_at_scenic_rim_500.jpg

Tank and Frenzy in front of the banner...
http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee518/fieldfrenzy/scenic_rim_500-1.jpg

Looking forward to the next one.

Yendor
14th August 2011, 07:51 PM
A couple action shots of Jason having a play (Peacemaker).

Also a big thank you to Jason for his very informative presentation on chainsaws.

Yendor
14th August 2011, 08:06 PM
The line up of vehicles from today's run.

Yendor
14th August 2011, 08:15 PM
and the view... WOW

Peacemaker
15th August 2011, 07:34 AM
from memory thats about when the cv went bang
Nah it was a little later than that in a blookd big hole... Bloody cheap Chinese CV's. Fixed it that night and was ready for wheeling that night but there's a 9pm curfew on driving..... Apparently

It was a good weekend, good tracks on Sunday and a recovery of a rolled over and over hilux up near camp 12 which the "Nissan patrol" forum kindly went out to recover......... And abuse alittle bit sexually.... And yes Scotty we have the photos of you! Lol

always said you were a PLANKER!
and DHUCK you loved driving that hilux so much you jumped for joy.

04OFF
15th August 2011, 12:39 PM
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/IMG_2000a.jpg

What a weekend, had a absolute blast driving around with some of you guys, met some new people and everyone was very friendly (even all the puppy dogs)

Some of the newbies did a outstanding job of driving some pretty difficult places :smiley_thumbs_up:

Everyone seemed to have decent cameras, so i didnt feel i needed to get mine out to much (and it was very very dusty everywhere) ,instead opting to be behind the wheel as much as i could.

Saturday i failed a climb attempt, so on sunday when faced with the same climb, i think i was a little over "enthusiastic",i got up this time, but managed to create a bit of customized ground clearance by using a big rock to "adjust" the side step (and some panels)

:oops:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/CustomClearance.jpg

Looking forward to all the vids !

AB
15th August 2011, 01:36 PM
Photos and videos have now been merged into one post for easy viewing...Keep them coming everyone!

hekarewe
15th August 2011, 04:11 PM
Photos and videos have now been merged into one post for easy viewing...Keep them coming everyone!

thanks for that AB job well done mate thanks for your efforts :)

Silver
15th August 2011, 07:58 PM
bump - I've been posting on Big Rig aka The Plank's original expression of interest thread and only found this one by accident

Clunk
16th August 2011, 12:50 AM
looks liks a fantastic time was had yet again, nice one guys and thanks for sharing the pics................................. one thinkg is bugging me though, I just can't work out why it's called Scenic rim, I've looked and looked and looked but for the life of me, I just can't see it!!!!!!.................. hahahahahaaha

Bigrig
16th August 2011, 06:58 AM
Well ... got back at about 8:15pm last night and I'm shattered ... lol

What a great weekend - not as much serous driving as anticipated and the park doesn't have a large variety of tracks that accommodate all levels, so not a lot for the beginners and intermediate drivers either, but was a very relaxing and enjoyable outing none the less ... still managed to damage Tank though (and 04OFF's damage also)!!!

A HUGE thanks to all who made it out there and a special mention to Jason (Peacemaker) for the chainsaw demo and general assistance throughout the weekend. Hopefully the sound came out ok and I'll organise to put the video of the demo up as a tutorial. I think the 'demonstration' concept is a real winner, so we'll definitely organise more of these on future trips.

Salvaging the Hilux was a top experience for many, and the park gave us $100 for the effort - I'll organise to send this to AB as a donation to the forum, and get video of that effort up for all to see. As a side note, we ensured all the passengers of the Hilux were safe and well prior to having 'a bit of fun' with the photos - had someone have been seriously injured (or worse) we wouldn't have taken the recovery so lightly I can assure you.

We ended up having 59 people and 26 vehicles throughout the weekend, so I can't state enough what a difference it makes to have so many contributing and good people to have in attendance -- every part of me is aching, but mostly my jaw and cheek bones (face people!!! lol) from smiling, laughing and chatting ... you're an awesome group of individuals!!!

Thanks also to Murray and Dave (or was it Phil, or Bob, or just "old mate"?? lol) from Torq4x4 who joined in the fun and donated a 9 Tonne Black Rat snatch strap - they asked me to test it out, and greatly appreciated, but thinking I'll talk to AB and work out a mini comp over the coming weeks with the winner getting the strap for a prize with compliments of Torq4x4 who are starting out up here and very keen to work out specific specials for forum members.

I'll get vids and piccies up over the coming days in between work and fixing my rig!!

Bring on the next one!!!

Bigrig
16th August 2011, 07:48 AM
Note the serious look on the face ... now sing with me (you know the tune):
"Oh what a feeling ... roll over!!!" ... lol

I reckon something is about to break ... what do you reckon??

5" lift that is flexing superbly (now I ripped out the petrol tank and sway bar again!!) and still getting air ... time to go up me thinks!!!! lol

What does one say ... HUUUGGGGGE flex!!!!

Tank breezed through ... lucky I didn't puncture a tyre on the broken CV left there by some Toyota driver!!!! lmao

Steve doing his thing, and having a 'red hot go'!!!

Bigrig
16th August 2011, 07:53 AM
One for Tony - flex is great with the new setup, and on this shot, still about 3-4 inches off full travel in the back end!!!! Heaps better than the previous suspension - thanks again mate!!!!

Bigrig
16th August 2011, 08:22 AM
FOUND: 1 grey jacket with a hood that was left at Camp. Whosever it is, PM me your address and I'll get it back to you.

Also - YNOT: you left one of your bags there and we picked it up - left you a phone message also (just so you know it wasn't lost!!).

Bigrig
16th August 2011, 09:24 AM
A quick video of a little hill climb beside the campsite ... the washout at the bottom was fairly deep, and on the first lash, I tried to let the suspension walk through it and even then with the new setup (with the locker on) it wouldn't climb it ... good bit of fun (note the angle of the truck at the top of the hill ...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TKCuYmy52E

nowoolies
16th August 2011, 09:28 AM
fanflammingtastic as always guys
looks like you`s had a ball
thanks for the piccies ......we luv piccies lol

now where`s the video`s ????????????????

bugga as i put this up the video`s arrive hahahahaah

Dhuck
16th August 2011, 11:01 AM
You must be wrecked Scotty cause that aint Pigtrol. That thing is straight and no basket on the roof.

Bigrig
16th August 2011, 11:04 AM
You must be wrecked Scotty cause that aint Pigtrol. That thing is straight and no basket on the roof.

Oopsey ... I am wrecked so let's use that as the excuse ... I'll change it when I get back ... sorry fella

Dhuck
16th August 2011, 11:05 AM
Oopsey ... I am wrecked so let's use that as the excuse ... I'll change it when I get back ... sorry fella

Is all good mate. I'm shattered as well

Dhuck
17th August 2011, 08:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3uIRccgYjE

growler2058
17th August 2011, 08:42 PM
Ol Tank is lookin like a real four B now!

Bigrig
18th August 2011, 07:51 AM
Ol Tank is lookin like a real four B now!

Ta mate ... I've been interstate so I'll get some more videos etc up over the coming day or so.

growler2058
18th August 2011, 08:21 AM
Ta mate ... I've been interstate so I'll get some more videos etc up over the coming day or so.

Was wondering what was goin on. waiting for a Biggus Speilbergerus production :-)

Bigrig
18th August 2011, 08:33 AM
Was wondering what was goin on. waiting for a Biggus Speilbergerus production :-)

Just flat out since coming back mate ... gotta organise some time to pull the front end apart also to find this clicking problem ... CV me thinks (and the left hub is stuffed also). Crikey, it never ends!!! lmao

growler2058
18th August 2011, 10:05 AM
Just flat out since coming back mate ... gotta organise some time to pull the front end apart also to find this clicking problem ... CV me thinks (and the left hub is stuffed also). Crikey, it never ends!!! lmao

Ahh but we love workin on our trolls hahahahaha very satisfying

hekarewe
18th August 2011, 05:31 PM

might be driving it too hard there big fella,,,, too much right boot lol

Bigrig
18th August 2011, 05:39 PM
might be driving it too hard there big fella,,,, too much right boot lol

Never!!!!! lmao ... there's no such thing as too much right boot ... just dodgy parts that aren't up to the task!!! If the CV is stuffed, I'll be whacking a set of GU (or another brand dhuck just told me about) in there ... then, I can carry on flogging it!!!!! lmao

hekarewe
18th August 2011, 05:41 PM
Never!!!!! lmao ... there's no such thing as too much right boot ... just dodgy parts that aren't up to the task!!! If the CV is stuffed, I'll be whacking a set of GU (or another brand dhuck just told me about) in there ... then, I can carry on flogging it!!!!! lmao

you might have to follow danny and start fitting snake racing cv's lol

Bigrig
18th August 2011, 06:43 PM
you might have to follow danny and start fitting snake racing cv's lol

Let's get realistic ... if I followed Danny, I'd be stopped a long way before I broke anything!!!! lmao

Ben-e-boy
18th August 2011, 08:28 PM
One for Tony - flex is great with the new setup, and on this shot, still about 3-4 inches off full travel in the back end!!!! Heaps better than the previous suspension - thanks again mate!!!!

thats good

Maxhead
18th August 2011, 09:18 PM
Another great outing by the looks of it boys....nice one!

Ben-e-boy
21st August 2011, 05:30 PM
hi guys
Here is a couple of my pics of the weekend.

big_fletch
21st August 2011, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the writeup's, photo's and video's all.. Looks like was an awesome meetup.. Cant wait to get out and meet a few of you all.. What shockers have you got in your new setup Scotty, in the hill climb video the Tank looked very smooth and soft climbing its way up lol.. Shame about the damage to some of the vehicles.. Looks like you all had alot of fun out there :cheers::049:

Bigrig
22nd August 2011, 04:58 PM
A few more photos ... salvaged some in car video only and will get that up later ...

Phil21
22nd August 2011, 05:13 PM
Great pics and video's guys, i'm really envious, looks like you had a fantastic time..

growler2058
22nd August 2011, 05:43 PM
Good foters mate and a chainsaw show to boot

Bigrig
24th August 2011, 02:41 PM
Another short one from the in car video ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWpL7CsU3Xo

dasemm
24th August 2011, 02:51 PM
nice pics and videos guys..

growler2058
24th August 2011, 05:37 PM
You guys are getting betterer./.......only one swear word AND there was panel damage!!! Wheres the foters of the scar? HAHAHHAHAHA

Bigrig
24th August 2011, 06:07 PM
You guys are getting betterer./.......only one swear word AND there was panel damage!!! Wheres the foters of the scar? HAHAHHAHAHA

It's only a love tap .... straighten up the alloy trim on the gutter line, and hey presto .. Fixed!!! lmao

Peacemaker
24th August 2011, 07:21 PM
Another short one from the in car video ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWpL7CsU3Xo

Hey Scotty what happened?...... You finally changed ya clothes that day? That looked like a nice new clean one. That track was crap coming down it.

Bigrig
24th August 2011, 07:23 PM
Hey Scotty what happened?...... You finally changed ya clothes that day? That looked like a nice new clean one. That track was crap coming down it.

It was day 4 after all !!! lmao

AB
24th August 2011, 07:47 PM
Would have loved to have seen the chainsaw demo!!!

Looks like a great trip, you guys don't muck around up there...

Bigrig
24th August 2011, 07:50 PM
Would have loved to have seen the chainsaw demo!!!

Looks like a great trip, you guys don't muck around up there...

Got that video - just need to upload it ...

hekarewe
24th August 2011, 08:40 PM
good bit of footage there scotty what else do you have up ur sleeve

Bigrig
24th August 2011, 09:01 PM
good bit of footage there scotty what else do you have up ur sleeve

Not much mate ... Just the Hilux recovery!!!

hekarewe
24th August 2011, 09:30 PM
god dam curruption!!!!!!

Bigrig
24th August 2011, 09:31 PM
Make sure you send the YouTube link to Danny once I've put the video up!!!!

hekarewe
24th August 2011, 09:41 PM
i will try and email it him but his computer spends more time droken then it does working,,,,, by the by heard that he has cracked the chassis of the lux so its coming off the road for a while to get re something lol

Clunk
24th August 2011, 09:54 PM
more great pics n vids guys.............. blooming jealous I am

Ben-e-boy
27th August 2011, 07:36 AM
Hi guys
I have managed to track down a vid of me doing a hillclimb out of a creek bed. As usual the camera dosnt do the hill much justice but about 58 seconds give you idea of the steepness. The camera work is pretty good considering he was trying to film,navvy and make his own way up th hill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPRtkKDT3EQ

Dhuck
27th August 2011, 07:42 AM
Nice Benny. What track was that

Ben-e-boy
27th August 2011, 07:52 AM
Nice Benny. What track was that

That was cals creek. There was a section that had high bay lights roped up between trees for the king of the rim comp and believe it or not that was the chicken track

growler2058
27th August 2011, 07:59 AM
Ken oath looked steep enuff mate good effort

Dhuck
27th August 2011, 08:01 AM
I know the track you on about. We went past there a couple of times with the group.

Bigrig
27th August 2011, 08:03 AM
Nice one Benny ... yeah, where was that?

Dhuck
27th August 2011, 08:05 AM
Nice one Benny ... yeah, where was that?

Near where we had to pull Hempo up the step

hekarewe
27th August 2011, 08:09 AM
good job there bene done well

nowoolies
27th August 2011, 08:16 AM
more of the usual from you guys

fanflammintastic

Bigrig
27th August 2011, 08:23 AM
Near where we had to pull Hempo up the step

Ahhhh ... yes, the rocky creek run

Ben-e-boy
27th August 2011, 08:27 AM
Cheers guys

I dont know about you but I want to go back sometime soon.

Dhuck
27th August 2011, 08:29 AM
Yeh do a day run

Ben-e-boy
27th August 2011, 08:34 AM
Yeh do a day run

I'm keen for a day trip have to be in a couple of weeks though, the reduction gears should arrive sometime this week

Dhuck
27th August 2011, 08:43 AM
Nice. About time you got them.

Bigrig
27th August 2011, 11:02 AM
Yeh do a day run

Yessum ....

hekarewe
27th August 2011, 01:44 PM
Yessum ....

be interested in that one