PDA

View Full Version : Mundaring Powerlines video

GUte
14th August 2011, 12:08 PM
Gday guys, had an awesome trip up the lines yesterday and thought I would share the video I made :)

http://youtu.be/qMZuwky9pVE

Thanks for watching

Clunk
14th August 2011, 12:40 PM
good stuff mate, looks like you had a good fun day out there

HippoNZ
14th August 2011, 01:15 PM
nice one mate, enjoyed that. Did they get that white GU wagon up and running again?

DX grunt
14th August 2011, 01:19 PM
Sounds great. I can't get Adobe flash to run. Will keep trying.

GUte
14th August 2011, 01:42 PM
It took a little bit of work from the boys pulling the injectors out and turning it over only to have it lock again once they went back in = oh dear!!!
Pulling them out again must of did the trick as it fired soon after they went back in, you can see the white smoke in the pic lol, the filter was soaked so she swallowed a bit.

Bloody factory fitted snorkels are useless! If you have one, make sure its sealed!!!!

The white ute put a hole in his new 35 inch trepador and the red one with no sides busted the engine mounts on the last hill next to the fenceline so goodbye fan shroud lol

My harris hardcase payed for itself numerous times as its like I hit every rock I tried to get up, time for a set of 35 inch play tires!

Had an awesome day and cant wait to do it again

Woof
14th August 2011, 04:24 PM
What a great trip there mate, thanks for posting it up for us to watch.

timbar
14th August 2011, 04:56 PM
Looks like I missed a good day ..........great vid GUte

growler2058
14th August 2011, 05:44 PM
Excellant vid mate looks like ya had a ball

Maxhead
14th August 2011, 06:13 PM
Top video mate, the track looks like a bit of fun..

Gert B Frobe
14th August 2011, 10:13 PM
"Bloody factory fitted snorkels are useless! If you have one, make sure its sealed!!" - From GUte

I have a factory snorkle on my 09 wagon and have come across many posts of these being very average. Can anyone point me in the right direction of where these leak and the best action to take for sealing them.

Track looked in fairly good nick too!!!! Top Vid mate excellent quality.

Finly Owner
14th August 2011, 10:18 PM
excellent vid and report

Tim

GUte
14th August 2011, 10:25 PM
I have a factory snorkle on my 09 wagon and have come across many posts of these being very average. Can anyone point me in the right direction of where these leak and the best action to take for sealing them.

Track looked in fairly good nick too!!!! Top Vid mate excellent quality.

At the airbox where it meets the snorkel, there is usually just a foam seal sandwiched in between (as was the case with this one that drowned) and there will be drain holes in the bottom that need sealing up.
My advice would be to pull the airbox out and check for drain holes and seal them up, make sure all the joins in the snorkel are sealed and also seal the join where the airbox meets the snorkel if it already isnt done. If its already sealed this will be a good sign

GUte
14th August 2011, 10:32 PM
Oh and thanks for all the thanks!!
Choosing music was hard! I hope you liked it, tried to use something different

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01VjnTfpOC8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcY3UF6_IaM << my favourite song at the moment

Both sung by John Garcia,

nowoolies
15th August 2011, 01:03 AM
top day out mate
looks like you`s had a heap of fun
thanks for the video
now you got me worried about my factory fitted snorkle

Skull
15th November 2011, 02:12 AM
Great vid bud. pretty sure I saw you guys up there. Was out with some guys from work. Was in 03 wagon, grey with 4" and bfgmuds, ally roof cage and bull bar. Was great weekend. mate blew his clutch. Did half the track without it. Had to nudge him off every light all the way home. Just a quick one on snorks. Mine had a 10mm gap betwwen the air box and the snork (THANKS TJM). Was probably like it for twelve months. Done some deep crossing too. The GU guard has captive nuts all the way around the snork on the inner guard from factory. God knows why the snork manufacturers are to lazy to utilise em. Made myself a flange that held the A/F Box to the inner guard and the snork vai these bolts. Had to pull the headlight to get to the lower ones ( ratchet ringys) but would take a head on with a D11 to open that up. Not sure about the drain bloking idea. The likely hood of you pulling enough through that to screw your donk is quite unlikely, however you do want it to drain if it did get in. There should not be enough restriction in your snork to pull water in that tiny hole. My opinion.

brooks
29th November 2011, 09:34 PM
Thats some awsome footage man. looks like you had some good fun. last i went up there a couple of months ago I ended up snapping my rear diff link which made the drive home all the way back to Kinross really intersting and also lost my fan due to a water whole. But still ahd some awsome fun and up untill i broke my diff link i was putting my Dads mates hilux with front and rear diff locks, 4" lift and 35" muddies, myne only has 32's a 2" lift other than that it is stock. PS: the rigs are also perrrrty nice!!!