PDA

View Full Version : max boost

big datto
13th August 2011, 10:55 PM
just wanting to know maximum safe boost pressure without needing to muck around with fuel pump etc.oh yeah for a td42t without the intercooler just love some more go for towing cheers.

YNOT
13th August 2011, 11:01 PM
14 Psi. If you have a over boost pressure relief valve on the inlet manifold adaptor you will need to remove it and fit a blanking plug.
Upping the boost on its own will have little to no affect on power, it will just lower your EGT's. To get more power the injector pump will need to be adjusted as well.
Have you fitted a bigger exhaust and dump pipe?

Tony

big datto
13th August 2011, 11:31 PM
standard dump and custom 2 and half strait thru exhaust. got boost controller wound it up a bit normal boost was at 9 psi and now im at 12 psi and made a noticeble difference so you think 14 psi be would make a huge gain. whats this over boost relief valve like a wastegate is it

YNOT
14th August 2011, 07:11 AM
The standard dump pipe is very restrictive, fit a bigger dump pipe and boost will come on a lot earlier.
If you have only raised the boost you will feel a big difference by getting the fuel system tuned.

The first pic shows the PRV.
Second pic shows comparison between standard and 3" dump pipe.

Tony

big datto
14th August 2011, 10:39 AM
thanks tony ill have a look at this valve . yeah i see what you mean about the standard dump that 3 inch one looks the go, might be able to adapt it without having to go buy a whole 3 inch system what you think or better off scraping whole exhaust and snapping up whole 3 inch from dump back. just whatching the pennies thats all mate ha ha

YNOT
14th August 2011, 12:47 PM
You could get the 3" dump pipe adapted to your current exhaust or sell it and buy a complete system like this for $700; http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NISSAN-PATROL-Y61-GU-4-2L-TD-3-EXHAUST-DUMP-PIPE-WAG-/120682991386?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c19444f1a

Tony

Wulfen
17th September 2011, 12:21 AM
hey tony does the inter-cooled td42 have a PRV? and if so where bouts?

cheers Josh

-ET 4wd-
17th September 2011, 02:10 AM
Mine is running 17lb's but ive had the pump turned up
It makes 110kw at the rear wheels ( 33 Toyo Open Country M/T's) you can put heaps in them! there is one bloke here in Sth Oz who is running 32lb!

Steve.

got the bug
31st March 2012, 11:09 AM
Hi just came across this thread & thought I would ask a question, I just installed an EGR blanking plate on my 08 crd ute & the boost has gone from 14psi max to 19psi max however the max is only high when cruising at 100kph and just feathering the throtle, do you think this could be an issue as in too high on boost & how do I go about rectifying it i.e bleed valve etc. I like the difference the EGR block made it has made the vehicle nice to drive now turbo spools up much quicker & the power seems much smoother but I dont need to cause more issues as in blowing it up either so any help woul be appreciated.
Thanks,
GTB

nissanluvr
13th May 2012, 04:03 PM
Hey GTB iv done a few egr blanks and always noticed a slite increase in boost most people leave it alone and are happy never heard it causeing any dramas. you could get a boost control tap and plumb it into your waste gate to set it back to standard there pretty cheap about $100 and about 10 minutes to put in makes for easy tuneing in the future to. cheers nissanluvr