PDA

View Full Version : NSW Legal size

tom2011
13th August 2011, 09:36 PM
Hey all anyone know what's the largest legal tyre you can stick
On a GQ

stormpatrol
15th August 2011, 11:01 PM
HIYA my engineer would only let me run 33/12.5 15s and the same with others i know all GQs

rkinsey
16th August 2011, 09:22 AM
Here is the infor from the RTA http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/downloads/vsi/vsi09_rev4.pdf

Quote from this page:

An important requirement for all replacement wheels is that the wheel track must not be increased by more than
25mm beyond the maximum specified by the vehicle manufacturer for that vehicle.
Where non original axle or suspension components are fitted, the offset of the wheel in relation to the axle or stub
axle assembly used shall not be increased by more than 12.5mm each side of the vehicle based on the specifications
of the axle components used. If an axle assembly is shortened then the track width limit is taken as the axle
manufacturers original track dimension, less the amount the assembly has been narrowed, plus 25mm.
If you are contemplating fitting non original axle or suspension components you should seek the guidance of a
signatory as engineering certification will be required (see page 3).
Minor changes to wheels
Wheels up to 26mm wider than the largest optional wheel recommended by the vehicle manufacturer for the
vehicle can be fitted without the need to notify the RTA.
The outside diameter of the wheel and tyre combination must be no more than 15mm over the largest diameter
wheel and tyre combination specified for the vehicle and not more than 15mm below the smallest diameter wheel
and tyre combination specified for the vehicle.

Cheers,

Rob

TuffTD42
17th August 2011, 09:16 PM
Without engineers cert 15mm bigger rolling diameter than standard. Biggest tyre on GQ's was a 750R16 = 31.6" or 802.64mm. So you can run a 32" tyre 812.80mm. I run 35's which have been engineered.