PDA

View Full Version : 2000 GU front seat replacement

robbo71
12th August 2011, 08:43 PM
Well the old drivers seat has finally sagged so far it's become very uncomfortable so it's time to rejuvinate the old girl.
I want to replace both front seats to keep the matching pair look in the GU so wondering if anyone out there knows if there are there any seats from other vehicles that can bolt straight in with all the same adjustment points. We do a lot of touring so race seats with 3 point harnesses are out of the question and the better half is 3 foot tall so needs to have a height adjustment.

Another option would be to have the originals re-foamed. Before I ring around tomorrow any ideas what that would/should cost as a ball park?

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

YNOT
12th August 2011, 10:27 PM
I don't think there are any straight bolt in seats. Almost any seat can be adapted but to be 100% legal would require a engineering certificate and mod. plate.
To do it properly and legally with half decent seats would cost roughly $1200-1400 for seats (each), $250 for adaptors (each) plus fitting and engineering.

I'm a big fan of Scheel seats after having owned a rare Nissan Skyline with them factory fitted and now have a Scheel 201 for my Patrol.
http://www.landrovertuning.com.au/shop/scheel-mann/seats

Tony